IAM LODGE 1776 WINS A BIG "NO" VOTE FOR T/A

We are still proud of the 115 nay voters! Don't feel too bad, your station did well for the west side. Just goes to show you they are thinking with their heads (the nays) and not with their pockets for a quick buck. The medical coverage would go up with the T/A and in actuallity you would be losing money making the difference up!

I swear the sandcastle puts something in the water you all drink that blurs the senses!

My hat is off to those that had the good sense to vote no - sorry to say that once it is all said and done they will be lucky to wind up even with all they gave up. Still hoping the east can put a stop to the madness. We mechanic may be next, just hope my coworkers are smarter than the ramp. From what I have heard I am already a NO vote on our possible T/A.

The mechanics are still in bargaining and are tough nuts to crack. They need to see the results of the fleet votes, they need all of your support right now to finally say ,"enough is enough"!

Well as it may be NOT MANY senior agents answer the phone in the break room, so this junior agent with less than 1 yr (Me) picked up the phone (how ironic)

I was told that they can not disclose the numbers but

CLT had about 800 voters and roughly 90% said HELL NO

suppose to be 7700 if 100% turned out... but as we all know.. not even 5000 will vote... but with big NO's in PIT/CLP, BOS, and LGA

its close to sealed

just got a word in

over 700 NO's

20 YES

PHL and CLT for the alley op............ back to back slam dunks

Yes it must be at the hall,try to get an observer for the vote count.The company should try and accommodate your voting,get shuttles running call the reps today and demand help.This is your future.Chip i n and rent a rider truck...lol :up: :up: :up:
Allstrike,
Thanks for the info. I spoke with a senior employee today (38yrs) and he told me that in the past the vote had always taken place in their breakroom. He was perplexed as to why we have to go to the local to vote?? The union is hell bent on keeping the vote at the local for us and it is just ridiculous if you ask me.
I hear that one of the committee negotiators, who brought us this piece of crap contract is going to be at our hall on Monday for our vote. Should be interesting to say the least.

Hey Sunny
Not too far north of you all, and we voted earlier this week. There seems to be a lot of question about this topic, but here it is... If you don't vote, it is not counted as a yes or a no, just a simple non-vote. Not voting does not sway in favor or against this. So if you and your co-workers have a strong opinion one way or the other, cast a vote, that is the only way to express your thoughts on this T.A.

Bagchucker,
Thanks for the clarification. This union is a unbelieveable....they are making this process so difficult for us that I wouldn't be surprised if we only get 15 people that are able to come to the local to vote. We currently have about 65 but with our attrition rate that will be 55 in two months. lol