IAM M&R CONTRACT UPDATE AUG-2013

ThirdSeatHero said:

Tim, I'm curious just how you come to the conclusion that AMFA "will run out of time for sure".

The 1 year ban due to the ibts shenanigans expires in August - That's next month.

There has been no STS determination yet. If AMFA files on American before an investigation is called for, a subsequent filing won't stop an election if AMFA has enough cards - in other words the Alliance cant use an STS filing to block AMFA if AMFA files on AA first.  That said, even if the IAM/TWU call for one, before AMFA files on AA, AMFA continues to collect cards during the investigation and will be able to file as an intervenor if/when the Alliance petitions for an election.
Yes, Yes, Yes.  You hit the nail right on the head.   Either way, AMFA will indeed have an option.

Reactions: 1 person
Voting takes place on the 18th and we were told the contract takes effect on the 21st.....(if it passes..ha,ha,ha)...as we were  told by the almighty at the road show where they were trying to sell the piece of garbage...interesting they can count the ballots that fast...and would imagine the dues will increase the first pay period in August...

I think it will go down in flames, I wouldnt vote for it if I was still there.

I'm thinking so if it was by electronic vote....but seeing how there is no such thing as an electronic vote, and its being held on a Friday during the busy summer vacation season, one has to wonder...this is one of the reasons the IAM has lost my trust!!!  Either way, I doubt total participation will top 70% which is sad........

AP Tech said:
Voting takes place on the 18th and we were told the contract takes effect on the 21st.....(if it passes..ha,ha,ha)...as we were  told by the almighty at the road show where they were trying to sell the piece of garbage...interesting they can count the ballots that fast...and would imagine the dues will increase the first pay period in August...
WOW!  The IAM is trying to sell this crap?  This speaks volumes of their intent.  I would be amazed if this passes.  What a freakin joke.  Guess we will all find out on the 21st...

Reactions: 3 people
TRAVIS said:
swamt this will make your day I turned in a AMFA card.
Thank you.Want to do one even better? Convince more guys to sign cards.
Time is running by fast. We do not know if and when the Alliance will file.
Fact is that no one wants this alliance and the IAM guys hate the TWU and the TWU guys hate the IAM. Not to mention how many of us hate our own respective union. 

Reactions: 2 people
TRAVIS said:
swamt this will make your day I turned in a AMFA card.
Good to hear Travis.  Hope the decision was all your own.  Can you reveal what was the final straw?  Was it what you said before?  And was it made after hearing the road show and the push for selling the TA?   I also hope you get involved when AMFA gets in, you will be amazed at how much you guys will be informed and pls by all means attend nego's it will be a fantastic learning experience and you will see what your leaders have to work thru to get to a vote on a contract.  Good luck on the up coming TA vote, I really hope you guys vote it down in flames.  The higher the % of NO votes the more your nego committee will have to when they return to the table, the ball is now in the memberships hands to get a much, much better offer...

1AA said:
Thank you.Want to do one even better? Convince more guys to sign cards.
Time is running by fast. We do not know if and when the Alliance will file.
Fact is that no one wants this alliance and the IAM guys hate the TWU and the TWU guys hate the IAM. Not to mention how many of us hate our own respective union. 
Just FYI.  The TWU will never let a grudge go.  They are still protesting the fact that the Pilots allowed AMFA into the labor coalition at SWA.  The TWU is still refusing to attend any of the meetings and therefore are left out of what is going on currently.  Very sad when a union still acts like children and will not be willing to come together with all the other employee groups and work together for the betterment of ALL employees.  Their loss, AMFA's, Pilot's, mechanics, and all other labor groups gains...

Reactions: 1 person
Real tired said:
We need some more cards here in PIT.  Get some more here........... somebody.
I do believe you can down load them from AMFA National website...

swamt said:
Good to hear Travis.  Hope the decision was all your own.  Can you reveal what was the final straw?  Was it what you said before?  And was it made after hearing the road show and the push for selling the TA?   I also hope you get involved when AMFA gets in, you will be amazed at how much you guys will be informed and pls by all means attend nego's it will be a fantastic learning experience and you will see what your leaders have to work thru to get to a vote on a contract.  Good luck on the up coming TA vote, I really hope you guys vote it down in flames.  The higher the % of NO votes the more your nego committee will have to when they return to the table, the ball is now in the memberships hands to get a much, much better offer...

Just FYI.  The TWU will never let a grudge go.  They are still protesting the fact that the Pilots allowed AMFA into the labor coalition at SWA.  The TWU is still refusing to attend any of the meetings and therefore are left out of what is going on currently.  Very sad when a union still acts like children and will not be willing to come together with all the other employee groups and work together for the betterment of ALL employees.  Their loss, AMFA's, Pilot's, mechanics, and all other labor groups gains...
The top final straw was NO PENSION INCREASE as they used this like a gun to our heads. NO signing bonus or retro pay. Still Sub Standard pay scale as we are the #1 airline in the US. The BULL S***  WE will get them next TIME AS the Company is showing RECORD Profits At This Time. They did not even get our Profit Sharing back or even a larger 401k increase. No Early Buy Outs, so we can get Rid of the OLD worn out wrenches we have who are just hanging out HOPING for a buy out or higher pension in puts and they are the ones who help hold the gun to our heads because they don't have the BALLS to FIGHT for our profession. AMFA may not have been my first chosen union but around 10 of my co-workers also put in cards as we think this IAM/TWU alliance is BS...  have a nice day swamt.  

Reactions: 4 people
Hopefully those ten coworkers will get ten more and so on. The more we get the best chance we have to get rid of the Alliance as we all agree we want no part of it whatsoever.
We have to help ourselves in getting cards signed at both airlines. It is up to us not AMFA to get the cards signed. We are on the floor working side by side with each other and that is the best way to get cards signed. Easy to biitch and moan about the problems that are union and company related and it is easier to sign a card which will lead to action and not just words to get new representation at the New American. The company wants to be number one so lets be number one in pay and benefits with our own class and craft union representing M&R just like the Pilots and Flight Attendants. Hopefully the Flight Dispatchers, Sim Techs and Flight Instructors at both airlines will vote in their new representational union soon. They too are fed up with the TWU and the Alliance issue. 

Reactions: 2 people