IAM M&R CONTRACT UPDATE AUG-2013

TRAVIS said:
The top final straw was NO PENSION INCREASE as they used this like a gun to our heads. NO signing bonus or retro pay. Still Sub Standard pay scale as we are the #1 airline in the US. The BULL S***  WE will get them next TIME AS the Company is showing RECORD Profits At This Time. They did not even get our Profit Sharing back or even a larger 401k increase. No Early Buy Outs, so we can get Rid of the OLD worn out wrenches we have who are just hanging out HOPING for a buy out or higher pension in puts and they are the ones who help hold the gun to our heads because they don't have the BALLS to FIGHT for our profession. AMFA may not have been my first chosen union but around 10 of my co-workers also put in cards as we think this IAM/TWU alliance is BS...  have a nice day swamt.  
Thx for the responce.  Your right, I forgot all about the touting and bragging about getting the pension increase.  Matter fact 700 was bragging about getting an increase, and they never did.  Your also correct that it is a sub-standard pay scale.  If the unions were smart they would have worked a deal with the company (like they always do)  to get more pay than the AA guys to get a boost in members voting for this BS alliance.  You point out a lot of inferiors and all are very valid points.  I will point out one thing,  with AMFA the membership would have dictated what the nego comte would fight for at the table.   I completely understand your frustration with the IAM.  It seems like the industrial unions are continuously out for themselves and their leaders than they are for the members.  Time for a change at US, hope you guys can do it.  When the filing is announced, everybody needs to get on the same page at both AA and US.  Don't let the union use their usual scare tactics and tell you guys you will lose your pensions just because a new union was brought in, that will not happen.  Good luck to you guys...

swamt said:
Thx for the responce.  Your right, I forgot all about the touting and bragging about getting the pension increase.  Matter fact 700 was bragging about getting an increase, and they never did.  Your also correct that it is a sub-standard pay scale.  If the unions were smart they would have worked a deal with the company (like they always do)  to get more pay than the AA guys to get a boost in members voting for this BS alliance.  You point out a lot of inferiors and all are very valid points.  I will point out one thing,  with AMFA the membership would have dictated what the nego comte would fight for at the table.   I completely understand your frustration with the IAM.  It seems like the industrial unions are continuously out for themselves and their leaders than they are for the members.  Time for a change at US, hope you guys can do it.  When the filing is announced, everybody needs to get on the same page at both AA and US.  Don't let the union use their usual scare tactics and tell you guys you will lose your pensions just because a new union was brought in, that will not happen.  Good luck to you guys...
Travis, have you heard of any announcements yet?  I believe we are half way thru the 30 days now...

You can also download the form from amfanational.org and look under resources, then downloads and you can print one up.....Starting to appear at my station....

AP Tech said:
You can also download the form from amfanational.org and look under resources, then downloads and you can print one up.....Starting to appear at my station....
http://www.amfanational.org/docs/Forms___Downloads_docs/Authorization_card_web.pdf

Do not wait for someone to mail them to you. Get started and when the ones arrive from the organizers use them. Both are acceptable. Mail them back in a group mailing to the address you got from the organizers. Do not mail them to the AMFA address on the downloaded one. Good luck and move fast.

AP Tech said:
A little off topic but FedEx Mechs are getting a 3% raise in Oct.....$50.79hr.....
Thanx you just made my day. Now I think I will go out and throw up all over my neighbors front door. :angry2:

700UW said:
And Fedex farms out all overhaul.

So we should sacrifice pay because we have overhaul? We have more aircraft and are a bigger company making record profits. I see no logic to your comment.

Delta, UAL, SWA, Alaska, UPS, FedEx, make more than us. Regardless of having more or less overhaul the job carries the same description and responsibility. USAir AMT's make less than AA AMT's and they just signed a new T/A. USAir has less overhaul than AA and they make less. There goes your theory. The new T/A at USAir increased the license premium but it is still less than AA's license premium combined for both licenses.
How much of a real improvement is the new T/A? A few pay raises here and there but still making less than AA. I would say the IAM did a poor job in achieving a industry leading CBA for a company that was not in BK at the time of negotiations. I watched the town hall meeting videos on Jet Net, People asked DP why such disrespect for the workers when they suffered through two BK's and bailed out the company. USAir M&E deserved better than what the IAM negotiated for the members. How sad.

You do realize no scope, means no jobs, WN have over 700 airplanes, with four lines of heavy.

The new AA will give you the AMFA CBA, they have offered it in the past, as long as they get the same scope at WN.

Those of us who have been on the Negotiating Committee at one time or another have seen the projected headcount and it wasnt pretty.

Look at DL, they farmout all HMV and mods, and even have non-delta mechanics working along side DL mechanics at the TOC in ATL.

700UW

Just a comment or two then a Big Question.

Have you noticed a theme here on the AA threads, that when get into our business, there are just sooo many guys that you say attack you.   After a while wouldn't a reasonable person say to themselves I guess they don't want my opinion or what I have to say and just go away.

you call us elitest and stupid and what ever and say can't we debate with you, don't let facts get in your way,  isn't it apparent to you by now that we just don't care what you have to say. You have no vested interest in our fight since you are NOT an AA employee or a TWU member, hell not even an IAM member of USAir.

You are correct when you have said we don't own this board or site and you can post as much as you want.

So here is my Questions,  If sooo many have told you the same thing here on the AA site why do you still come here and put in your two cents? Are you here just to antagonise the AA AMT's? I asked your good buddy Josh to stay away from AMT subjects and he has for the most part. Hell you even have reminded him of that.

I have asked you before so I am asking again Post where you are wanted and Please stay out of our fight, this is our careers NOT Yours.. 

Oh so you don't have to come back and tell me "YES"  I realize this is the USAir part of this site but since we US/AA are one company in theory, its all the same. US aircraft have our colors and US will soon be Gone, for good.

Reactions: 2 people
Most have given up on the IAM at my station, they were given a second chance when the IBT started coming around, after the election it was  back to the same old IAM. Pretty sad when new employees ask the question "who is that" during one of the very, very few visits an AGC or VP visits the guys....Then with that recent negotiated contract, well that was the last straw!!