IAM Mech. & Related thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you have alot to look forward to since you can't even think about negotiating a new contract in 2012. Get ready to stand in the back of the line to all larger groups that will hit the tables way before you. Solidarity was at an all time low...greed took over....Usairways and I AM Management won this round. Better luck next time...if there is a next time.

Two of the three parties won in this election - Dougie got his "0" Cost contract that he had been bragging about since 2003, the IAM got thier flight benefits they wanted and the pension to make it harder to oust them, and the working folk took it in the a*s paying for all of it.

The TA vote at my station went 45% yes, 28% no, and 28% did not vote. Breaks down to 62% yes and 38% no. A tragedy for all AMT's.

when we voted on the the CBA in 1992 when we were on strike, I was a teller in CLT,

There were like only 40 no votes out of about 1,000 votes, yet I couldnt find anyone who said they voted for it.

People will say one thing and do another.

DSC_0056.jpg I voted NO

We are now in the same boat and hopefully on the same page. Now we can pull together and focus on more important issues. In my opinion we should have listened to the west guys when we voted between the IAM and Teamsters. But then again it was hard to make an informed decision when the lies were flying fast and furious and we were stuck in the middle trying to decipher truth fom fiction. I am truly sorry I voted for IAM representation, I thought that the dictators I knew were a better choice than the ones I did not know. History will tell us if we made the right choice. In the meantime most of us are here for the long haul and will make the best of what we have. It does hurt when you realize that the people you trusted looked out for themselves and their organization more than us that pay their salaries.

We are now in the same boat and hopefully on the same page. Now we can pull together and focus on more important issues. In my opinion we should have listened to the west guys when we voted between the IAM and Teamsters. But then again it was hard to make an informed decision when the lies were flying fast and furious and we were stuck in the middle trying to decipher truth fom fiction. I am truly sorry I voted for IAM representation, I thought that the dictators I knew were a better choice than the ones I did not know. History will tell us if we made the right choice. In the meantime most of us are here for the long haul and will make the best of what we have. It does hurt when you realize that the people you trusted looked out for themselves and their organization more than us that pay their salaries.

Well I am trying to decipher truth from fiction from your post.

When exactly did this "when we voted between the IAM and Teamsters" happen?

And when exactly did you do this "I am truly sorry I voted for IAM representation"?

It wasn't here

We are now in the same boat and hopefully on the same page. Now we can pull together and focus on more important issues. In my opinion we should have listened to the west guys when we voted between the IAM and Teamsters. But then again it was hard to make an informed decision when the lies were flying fast and furious and we were stuck in the middle trying to decipher truth fom fiction. The truth, just like this time was there for anyone interested in finding it. Both of these votes carried because, IMO, people are to lazy to become informed and rely upon others to do their thinking for them. I am truly sorry I voted for IAM representation, I thought that the dictators I knew were a better choice than the ones I did not know. It amazes me that you feel the dictators you knew were a better choice than the unknown ones, that is a sad, sad rationalization. You truely got what you deserved. History will tell us if we made the right choice. Obviously, you didn't learn anything the first time, so you repeated it. Wow, who would've thunk? In the meantime most of us are here for the long haul and will make the best of what we have. It does hurt when you realize that the people you trusted looked out for themselves and their organization more than us that pay their salaries. Somebody needs to wake up and smell the roses!

Simply amazing​
!

It amazes me that you feel the dictators you knew were a better choice than the unknown ones, that is a sad, sad rationalization. You truely got what you deserved

Yup, you are correct in some ways. Too bad you were unable to see it the way it was presented to us. But then again hindsight is always better. We all have received what was pushed upon us. Just for the record I was a no to the T/A and no to the IAM. I chose not drink of the IAM koolaid, just passing along what I heard most saying. I have to say it was literally impossible to discern fact from fiction and truth from lies. All we can do is hold their feet to the fire and vote for a change when that time comes. (by signing teamsters cards)

It amazes me that you feel the dictators you knew were a better choice than the unknown ones, that is a sad, sad rationalization. You truely got what you deserved

Yup, you are correct in some ways. Too bad you were unable to see it the way it was presented to us. But then again hindsight is always better. We all have received what was pushed upon us. Just for the record I was a no to the T/A and no to the IAM. I chose not drink of the IAM koolaid, just passing along what I heard most saying. I have to say it was literally impossible to discern fact from fiction and truth from lies. All we can do is hold their feet to the fire and vote for a change when that time comes. (by signing teamsters cards)
:up: :up: :up: :up:(by signing teamsters cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back