US IAM Mech. Labor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have over 400 here in PHX, the few east techs that have moved have been welcomed into our group. For my 2 cents they are quite welcome, infact doing some of the target interviews for other locations I have invited some to come to PHX.

That's good to hear I was thinking of bidding out to PHX if they close PIT.

We are doing some of the bridge cks on orginal AWA buses in Pitt ("c's and S's " together.). Also landing gear/rib 5 line bores. Just what do you guys in PHX do with all that hangar space ? TACA can only do so many A/C. CLT will be doing bus work in the fall we hear. There should be some 73 bulk heads and lap joints due again. Phase array units for scribe cracks. Not to mention the 75, 76 work @ CLT.

OG
Just what do we do with all the hgr space? Rib 5 insp; phase chks, engine changes and once in awhile, fix the East metal that comes through town. Like a pilot said." you want fixed, send it through PHL; you want it done right, send it to PHX" Sorry. <_<

Just what do we do with all the hgr space? Rib 5 insp; phase chks, engine changes and once in awhile, fix the East metal that comes through town. Like a pilot said." you want fixed, send it through PHL; you want it done right, send it to PHX" Sorry. <_<
Glad to see that you have pride in your work SC. A busy station like Philly movies metal the best that they can. Nothing to be sorry about. So you guys do mostly line work ? Engine QEC ? No chance of any "C" checks ? What bid areas do you have ? The more work that we can get in house the better. I'm talking all stations. :up:

Later OG

Glad to see that you have pride in your work SC. A busy station like Philly movies metal the best that they can. Nothing to be sorry about. So you guys do mostly line work ? Engine QEC ? No chance of any "C" checks ? What bid areas do you have ? The more work that we can get in house the better. I'm talking all stations. :up:

Later OG
No C checks here. That's long gone. Engine changes are done by the engine shop unless it's a road trip. PHX is mostly line work, but still does heavier stuff at night; such as A, B and Phase Checks, strut repacks, etc. As for bid areas; there's the line, OTS(out of service), B-CHK and support shops (Engine & Composite/Sheetmetal).

No C checks here. That's long gone. Engine changes are done by the engine shop unless it's a road trip. PHX is mostly line work, but still does heavier stuff at night; such as A, B and Phase Checks, strut repacks, etc. As for bid areas; there's the line, OTS(out of service), B-CHK and support shops (Engine & Composite/Sheetmetal).
Thanks for the info. Did you guys go after the bus with the broken nose gear ? We shipped out a nose gear, to south of the border . Time continued gear. Haven't heard where they will ferry it to. Heard that they didn't want a Jet Blue style nose gear landing. So someone will be installing the TC nose gear. You guys may get some gear action.

Later OG

I'm new on here. Been lurking for a while. I work in PHX. I'm wondering how thing are in the east. When you guys file a grievance 1) Are you ever told it LACKS MERIT or SOUNDS LIKE YOU"RE WHINING or are they sent in to see what happens. 2) Do you have a board somewhere that you're grievance outcomes are posted to see what has been won or lost. When a grievance is filed here, you are lucky to find out what happens. No one seems to come around to let us know what is going on, we have to here things through the rumor mill or sometimes through our Sups. We here in PHX are not happy with our "Union Representation". We feel like we are caving into the co. alot lately. I hope you guys are doing better than we are. I was actually hoping to speak to some easties out here to see how you operate. I'm curious to have some of you guys come here and work for a while to see what you think compared to the east. You are welcome to bid here and compare notes on how things operate.

I'm new on here. Been lurking for a while. I work in PHX. I'm wondering how thing are in the east. When you guys file a grievance 1) Are you ever told it LACKS MERIT or SOUNDS LIKE YOU"RE WHINING or are they sent in to see what happens. 2) Do you have a board somewhere that you're grievance outcomes are posted to see what has been won or lost. When a grievance is filed here, you are lucky to find out what happens. No one seems to come around to let us know what is going on, we have to here things through the rumor mill or sometimes through our Sups. We here in PHX are not happy with our "Union Representation". We feel like we are caving into the co. alot lately. I hope you guys are doing better than we are. I was actually hoping to speak to some easties out here to see how you operate. I'm curious to have some of you guys come here and work for a while to see what you think compared to the east. You are welcome to bid here and compare notes on how things operate.
D S
I PMed you.

D S
I PMed you.
Hey Desert Snake and old guy, I am a west mech at bwi. I can tell you from my angle the representation that we get is minimum at best. It seems like it takes an act of congress to get anything done. Nothing like what it was with the teamsters. The majority of our shop here is East Mechanics. As for our station, everyone gets along well and has a strong dislike for our union representation. No matter what side of the fence both east and west work groups got screwed in some way. Unfortunately if you want anything done with the union, you are going to have to take the bull by the horns to get anything done. Correct me if you think I am wrong Old Guy. When I worked in Phx, it was a good group to work with. I hear it isnt the same happy place to work as it was when I left about 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.