IAM New Direction officers sworn in

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoGuy

Apr 10, 2008
Today was the day and the new officers were sworn into office! Here is the unedited video feed from this mornings event. Click here for video

Moderators please close thread and post at top of page for a few days so all have a chance to see this video

Thank you very much

This will be the new Fleet Service topic.....same rules apply. other thread will close...

Today was the day and the new officers were sworn into office! Here is the unedited video feed from this mornings event. Click here for video

Moderators please close thread and post at top of page for a few days so all have a chance to see this video

Thank you very much.
nice video.
I liked Rich's speech about bringing the district together, inclusive of those who voted against him. It's all about solidarity as this District goes up against United and US AIRWAYS. Buffenbarger had a few words that i have never heard before [i think he just made them up but everyone knew what he meant] but made good sense. My memory is failing me but if anyone was there and heard the speech, what was that one word he used that brought a chuckle and made alot of sense?

I also found Vic Payne's speech interesting. He showed he's a man with character and integrity and will support this district even if he's not the secretary-treasurer. It would have been easy for him to turn his back on the membership and just mail it in and do a no show but Vic showed he was above that.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

nice video.
I liked Rich's speech about bringing the district together, inclusive of those who voted against him. It's all about solidarity as this District goes up against United and US AIRWAYS. Buffenbarger had a few words that i have never heard before [i think he just made them up but everyone knew what he meant] but made good sense. My memory is failing me but if anyone was there and heard the speech, what was that one word he used that brought a chuckle and made alot of sense?

I also found Vic Payne's speech interesting. He showed he's a man with character and integrity and will support this district even if he's not the secretary-treasurer. It would have been easy for him to turn his back on the membership and just mail it in and do a no show but Vic showed he was above that.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I think it was...... " It pisses me off to the point of pissivity"

Congrats !!!...............now get to work and fix
this mess. You got our votes and have our backing.
Now, prove to us your value. You can celebrate when
we all can.

Thanks

I found the word 'passivity' in the dictionary but couldn't find 'pissivity'. Could someone please post the definition of this word. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe

I think it was just one of those words that came off the end of his tongue and thats why it rose a llaugh from all. It didn't have to have a meaning.

Just having a little fun Mike. Wish I could have been there.

I guess O-man is still trying to recover.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I agree that Vic showed he was an IAM brother first. I guess I wasn't surprised that the rest of the old regime hung out in the back of the room in a group all nite while the ND tried to intermingle with everyone. They will get over the shock and our ND team will get to work.

SHOCKER....I heard you were looking for me for 2 days? I saw you there but you never said Hi?

Its over for now, so lets break bread :up:

Just having a little fun Mike. Wish I could have been there.

I guess O-man is still trying to recover.

It was good meeting " O ". He's a better man than I when it comes to partaking...............

THE BAGFATHER'S UNAUTHERIZED REPORT ON THE CONVENTION

First of all I would like to echo what Tim and Mike said about Vic Payne.
He was all over the place accepting thanks for his service from quite
a few people. I even saw him congratulating Rich Delaney with a
smile and a hand shake.

I thought Buffy's speach was appropriate but maybe a little too slick.
He made some good points about the benifit of a democrat president.
But it seemed to me to be a bit heavy handed to tell people to vote
purely on self interests. But if that's the way you want to vote
then here's one real good reason to vote democrat. The president
appoints the people on the NMB.

The dues increase was rationalized in part by explaining how expensive
the airline division has been of late. He referred to legal fees as being
a lot and I'm guessing he's talking about the COC arbitration among other things.

Here's some thoughts about what direction the New Direction is'
1. I think Rich is going to delegate authority. He's got some highly
qualified and motivated people around him that It looks like he trusts
to do their job.
2. More organizing through communication of the Hubs and Field
Stations. What's happeing in PHX is an example. Also little ol' SAN
got it's marching orders.

OK I'm out of serious thoughts for now so forthwith my report continues
with some well deserved sillyness.

Some CA field stations put on a yoga workshop. It was very well
recieved and quite a few delegates were able to touch thier knees
on the forward bend (grope asana).

The aroma therapy session was going along really well until someone
(intentionally?) passed gas (farted hard) thus destroying the
peaceful atmosphere so much as to cause a near riot.

During the melee MJR's swift karate chop almost sent poor Paul P to the
hospital.

Mike 33 hired a surragate to deflect Shocker's anger. It worked great
but Mike felt that he should deal with her directly and would have
come back Wed. nite but he didn't know if his insurance would cover
being clawed to death. I'm glad I never insulted Shocker.

So anyway I hope someone got something out of this even though
no one authorized it. BF

The O is back..

first to ROA .. the shine never tasted so fine.. just ask Baskett

2nd. I think what I took away from this convention the most was . Mr Delaney is very passionate about

district 141 being 1 body of union brothers and sisters. for the first time in all the years I have been

member of this district I finally feel like the district looks at USairways ,Hawaiian and Phillipine Airlines

as a member of this union and not the ugly step child.

and to Video Guy . Thank you for your hard work in getting the info out to the membership.. that is also a

first and is a preview of where this district is going. Gone are the days of secret handshakes and back

room deals. Rich and his team is all about communicating to the the people that pay there salaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.