Iam Vs. Twu (fleet Service)

I still don't remember the superseniority issue, but a lot has gone on since then so it's probably just slipped my mind.

Colodny was smooth, that's for sure. He couldn't come right out and say it, but on the videotape he sent out before the election he made reference to the 2% wage difference and had quite a few FSA in the four cities counting thier chickens (which never hatched). PI agents got a nice bump in pay and bennies without representation and it's no wonder that some cities (reportedly) had ballot burning parties. It was a mistake and we all suffered, but hindsight's always 20/20.

The Brink's truck was parked in PHL for a lot of years and hopefully people saved some of it because I think rainy days are ahead. There are still some good people there that deserve better.

Dio,
Catering in PHL is comparatively senior. If "Big Tony" allowed a catering sub-contract, all his boys would be bumped to nightshift. That's why GSO, CHS, et al. are on the street. Get it?
By the way, since none of those "good ol' boys" bothered to vote for a union; oh well.

The IAM at US fleet has always aggressively discouraged effective participation of the CHS and FAY's of the world.

Did you realize AVL, CHS, FAY, ILM, ROA, TYS and MEM were in LL 2444, located in INT?

Did you realize INT does NOT have air service; thus you had to drive to attend your lodge meeting? You couldn't even fly to GSO and rent a car - the lodge meeting started before you could make the first arrival into GSO.

Why did the IAM put these stations in 2444? They could have just as easily put them in 1725, where everybody would have been a non-stop flight away from CLT.

Did you realize D141 failed to arbitrate a single case from LL2444 fleet? That's right, including terminations. We started out blaming the AGC, and he bears some responsibility, but I came to realize more was at work than one guy.

It was always frustrating to sit at those meetings and listen to the mechs get their cases arbitrated, while we couldn't.

Despite those obstacles, many agents and mechs sacrificed to make the IAM work at 2444. D141 should have come down to see agents and mechs working together.

I am of the opinion the IAM wrote these stations off a long time ago.

And FWIW, it is a myth that the South doesn't vote union. My station, good ol PI boys every one, voted 100% union.

muircross said:
If "Big Tony" allowed a catering sub-contract, all his boys would be bumped to nightshift.
[post="281473"][/post]​

Nah, they'd just get logged out on "Union business" all the time.

muircross said:
Dio,
Catering in PHL is comparatively senior. If "Big Tony" allowed a catering sub-contract, all his boys would be bumped to nightshift. That's why GSO, CHS, et al. are on the street. Get it?
By the way, since none of those "good ol' boys" bothered to vote for a union; oh well.
[post="281473"][/post]​
It's clasic "Big Al having little tony in his back pocket"
th only big thing about tony is his ego

DMG and 1776,

Thank you for the illumination.

I have assumed what you are suggesting to be a possibility; looking more like a fact now.

Tony may have won a phyrric victory; by showing al that he will give, al will take some more.

Wanna bet HP re-arranges PHL?

muircross said:
HP bigshots were in PHL today on the ramp. Heard they experienced a bag chute meltdown first hand.
[post="281850"][/post]​

The HP mgt needs to come in unannouced without local US mgt to lead them around and hook up with a few employees to give them a backstage pass on the circus that takes place in PHL. Once they get a first hand look out how bad this place is run perhaps the ax might fall faster on getting rid of some of the Execs in CCY.

Anyone ever see the movie Brubaker? I suggest HP Exces take a look at what Robert Redford did when he took over a prison.