IAM''S EXCIDRIN HEADACHE # 1 AMFA IS COMING .

jetmechline

Aug 22, 2002
US Airways Representational Update
August 8, 2003

AMFA National received more information concerning furloughed employees and additional authorization cards over the weekend.
The representational status at US Air was discussed at length during the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting held on August 5. The NEC has determined that the US Air supporters are very close to achieving their goal and will commence with a more active roll to assist our supporters in achieving the representational election that they currently seek.
AMFA National is:
1. Establishing contact with furloughed US Air mechanic and related employees
2. Notifying current card signers of their expiration date
3. Scheduling informational meetings at cities on the US Air system
With the additional information we are receiving and the NEC’s commitment we are confident that AMFA National will be able to file for a representational election on US Air in the near future.
Sincerely,
Terry Harvey
Assistant National Director

oh my gosh.....if this comes to pass before the issue of farming out the airbuses is resolved and it ends up in the hands of AMFA,we're surley doomed.....they will undoubtably tell us as they did at NWA "there is nothing we can do about it".

----------------
On 8/11/2003 4:43:35 PM delldude wrote:

oh my gosh.....if this comes to pass before the issue of farming out the airbuses is resolved and it ends up in the hands of AMFA,we're surley doomed.....they will undoubtably tell us as they did at NWA "there is nothing we can do about it".

----------------​
Dell, Sounds to me that you are sure the IAM can keep this work. [I hope you're right.]BTW, Are you an A&P mechanic ?

Once sufficient cards are received AMFA will invite the International President to a debate.
I wonder if the IAM President will bring the IAM Private Jet!
Several times over the last decade we have all been burdened with concessions. The IAM has told us times are a changing. You must change with time! Get on the Bus or get left Behind at the station.
It appears we all have made changes and sacrifices, all but are union leadership!
Man, everyone’s tired of the BS! We can't strike out at the company, we can't strike out at Wolf, we can's take a shot at a Raghead. But we can vote a new Union in.
The changes are going to be forced upon the IAM. It appears soon they will only represent the ramp.Not necessarily by my vote.
The Grass is not always Greener!

----------------​
Dell, Sounds to me that you are sure the IAM can keep this work. [I hope you're right.]BTW, Are you an A&P mechanic ?

----------------​
i can't summon up the courage to sign for anything i do,so i work on baggage carts.

Got my amfa authorization card in the mail yesterday.
Seems since I was on layoff I had forgotten that is was due to expire.
Never fear filled it out, sent it back this morning.
Hope it works out for everyone.

Dell dude wrote:

If you would take the time to read the letters from AMFA you would realize that they are trying to give the membership a choice. The meetings are for “INFORMATION ONLYâ€￾. Take all of your “oh my goshâ€￾ questions, and other concerns to the AMFA meetings and get the facts! Get answers to your questions!!
Afterwards, based on information you get out of the meetings with Delle Femine, make a decision to support AMFA or to stay with the IAM.
I find it difficult to understand why people like you are so quick to put AMFA down, before giving them the opportunity to present their side. However, you are willing to accept the words of local IAM officials, who have zero credibility with their membership.

Jetmech,

Dell
8.gif
dude must have the IAM virus. Afraid of change.

What has the IAM done for it's mechanics? I hope AMFA is voted in. It is time the mechanics had their own union.

you people will be imposed with same group of mechanics that sit around bitching and moaning about IAM.i hope you win..you will come to grips with the real reality as to why the iam HAS PROBLEMS..GO TO A UNION MEETING.... you will get a bump in attendence at first.....this will make your ego glow...yahoo,we won...yahoo.....then the reality fart will kick in.....low meetting attendance,of course you will have an alternative enticement to counter tis boosheet...it may work for a limited time,then after augie gets a few grievance payouts,,,it'll kick in,,,so yall have a sweet nice time,yuh,hee-yuh?

----------------
On 8/12/2003 8:50:53 PM cat 111 wrote:

What has the IAM done for it's mechanics? I hope AMFA is voted in. It is time the mechanics had their own union.

----------------​
The company has been and is still plowing through every union contract on the property as though the contracts are just powdered snow not being tied together as a strong heavy gage steel chain but a paper chain that a child makes with glue. The dreamers on these boards are entertaining a fantasy that AMFA will save the day. It’s like closing the barn door after the horses escaped, too late. AMFA showed their colors at NW by outsourcing jobs. People are so overwhelmed, defeated and despondent that they believe any change is for the better when in fact it could simply play into the company’s hands. Not everyone is for AMFA like one reads on these boards. My job requires travels all through the maintenance area and I hear a lot of doubts expressed as to AMFA being our savior. We will see what happens, but I believe it will not be an overwhelming win for AMFA as reads on these boards, and remember not everyone who votes has the A&P tickets which are held in high esteem by AMFA, regardless of promises to those employees doubts will linger, which they should. SEE: AMFA Farm-Out Negotiations at NWA Written by Checking it Out on these boards.

As I have said before What has the IAM done for its members??? Oh, I FORGOT THEY RAISED MY DUES AFTER THE GIVE BACKS .