IBEW Fleet Service Union Campaign Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those that have never experienced the PHL experience.. its like going to Vietnam.. If you haven't been there then you really

don't understand.. It's hard to explain.. other then .. I went through it and understand a WHOLE lot more then people that haven't

I mean no disrespect to yus guys up there.. YUS got GREAT CHEESESTEAKS.. keep things rolling
'

getting off topic but.. I would trade all of the new food court in phl .. to have the old employee cafe down on d-con with Marie on the grill

old timers on here will know what I am talking about.. she made the best cheese steak in PHL

for those that have never experienced the PHL experience.. its like going to Vietnam.. If you haven't been there then you really

don't understand.. It's hard to explain.. other then .. I went through it and understand a WHOLE lot more then people that haven't
I mean no disrespect to yus guys up there.. YUS got GREAT CHEESESTEAKS.. keep things rolling
'

How many people got killed working the ramp in PHL?

Not much like Vietnam.

Please don't insult Nam vets.

never meant any insults..

my point was that if you have not been through certain experiences then you really can't make judgement on things people have seen or done

SORRY if I insulted you.. NOT my intentions

??? Tim or anybody else that can answer this.. Whats the rough estimate of cards signed.. are we getting close to the 65% the ibew is looking for

DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Just to give you an update. The cities that have been targeted have shown up in a big way. While there is much work left to be done, its clear that fleet service has the passion and resolve it will take to overcome this transition to new and STRONG REPRESENTATION. The IAM has been very clear on how they will deal with there members outrage. There first step has been to downplay the IBEW's involvement in this campaign. This after several IBEW representatives have shown up in airports across the country to not only get cards signed, but answer tough questions the membership has for them. The IAM have devoted there energy and resources in getting the IBEW international to put out a MAGIC letter that will make there troubles disappear, a letter which by the way was promised over three weeks ago by buffinburger himself, and has not yet materialized. Lastly and most disturbing, some AGC's and local committee chairs have begun threats against shop stewards and co-workers about there involvement in educating guys and gals on the IBEW. Remember people get involved to answer questions, give advice, interpret and enforce there cba. Surely, when a shop steward is answering question and educating on a topic that has the members interest, there should be no threats or revocation of union badges for this. If you (local committee persons) have served you membership well, then the idea of stronger representation and new and fair elections shouldn't scare you. The membership will chose who will lead them in this new venture, if your a true leader you have nothing to fear.

Finally, do not let these cheap tactics do what they are intended, which is distract you from the IAM's inability to represent its membership. Do not let fear stand in the way of change. Right now all you need to do is SIGN A CARD. This unique opportunity is hear right now. Don't ask yourself why should I sign a card, ask yourself how can i afford not to

THANKS FOR READING

Station Update: TPA

The IBEW targeted TPA early in the campaign after TPA contacted them for a meeting. After one week TPA has now finished their card signup campaign. 76 cards were fedex'd to the IBEW from TPA out of 80 workers. Great job TPA!

regards,

Tim,
I met you for 10 seconds nice meeting you.
Regards,
Great to see TPA is on the same page!!!!

Tim,
I met you for 10 seconds nice meeting you.
Regards,
Great to see TPA is on the same page!!!!
It was a pleasure meeting all you guys. It's good to see PHL leadership, myself, and a host of others all on the same page to secure representation on the property since we have no representation right now. Remember, just because you have a collective bargaining agent doesn't mean you have representation.

Anyways, would be super great to finally get PIT to join in but that remains to be seen.

regards,

Tim,
Just curious, what are the views with the mechanics on the IBEW?? I understand fleet first.
regards,

P.S. Lets forget this question.... FLEET FIRST !!!!!!!!!!! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back