IBEW update for the week of October 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an I.A.M. member, you know that strength lies in numbers. The same holds true for the National Pension Plan. Our strength lies in these numbers:

Over 1,750 contributing employers
Over 71,000 retirees and beneficiaries
113,000 active participating members
Nearly $9 billion in assets

Pension Summary

Members dont contribute, the companies they work for do.

Better check your source, mine is from the plan summary.

My source is from the IAM National Pension Plan Form 5500 filing?

Your turn.. B)

Guys and Gals-
You do realize every time a discussion is talked about and there seems to be a majority in agreement that ''700'' throws in his/her pro IAM propaganda and ''Nelson'' attacks. Might I suggest we,
as the majority in agreement just ignore his/her posts' and stay on topic. Were only feeding fuel into his/her fire and that can be easily resolved. Now I'm sure he/she may ''quote'' me and attack my way of dealing with his/her posts by saying he/she has every right to post but we do not have to respond. Simply pass him/her by and stay on topic, IBEW.
Good job in Clt Thur. and I hope you formed a committee to keep up the card signing campain. The IBEW is nearing closer to that number and in turn were nearing closer to goal of a union for the fleet. The following qoute is right from the IAM web page, so I'll ask, is this what your experiencing? ''So that is the bottom line – joining the IAM puts thousands more dollars into your pocket, year after year.It is a no-brainer! Joining the IAM is the smartest financial move you can make.''
Now don't somebody go and try and quote something from the IBEW site because the IBEW is not represnting us at this time. This is from our current union and I'm wondering if its' true and if so could they tell me where I can find ''thousands of dollars''.

Thanks

I guess all of you are pension experts.

Do you not realize the IAMNPF is totally seperate from the IAM?

It is run by a board of trustees appointed by the IAM and the companies that participate into the fund.

The plan summary is filed with the governement and checked by accturaries and accountants.

But hey, Don't let the facts get in your way!

As an I.A.M. member, you know that strength lies in numbers. The same holds true for the National Pension Plan. Our strength lies in these numbers:

Over 1,750 contributing employers
Over 71,000 retirees and beneficiaries
113,000 active participating members
Nearly $9 billion in assets

Pension Summary

Members dont contribute, the companies they work for do.

Better check your source, mine is from the plan summary.
If strength lies in numbers then why did the IAM separate FLEET SERVICE from mechanics????? You show numbers above. Its the numbers that the IAM wants.

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='536996' date='Oct 23 2007, 02:27 PM']Listen to this guys, this is pretty important:

There was a message posted by Ron Roth in the Phoenix breakroom stating that we shouldn't sign the IBEW cards, because Ron spoke with someone at the IBEW, and this person claimed that the cards aren't sanctioned. I believe it was the president if the IBEW he claimed.

Is this legit? Or is the president of the IBEW just covering his tracks?

A fellow ramper of mine, the person handing out these cards, stated that this is a lie, and that he went out to dinner with IBEW reps, and they said they are a go in PHL and CLT.

Nobody has seen any IBEW in the breakrooms, they only go as far as the bus stop.

Anyone care to clarify?[/quote]
Yes. The IBEW has tentatively set dates for a Western trip. LAS on 01 Nov. Then to be in PHX on 03,04 Nov. They want to come out and they welcome the chance to speak to us, face to face. In the meantime remember, all the IAM has is lies, and scare tactics. Fact sheets were out in the breakroom ( A side) today. Stay tuned for more updates.

Hang in there POED PHX GUY!!!
They wont let you down, they will be out there to help you guys. :up:

Once again let me tell what happened.

There was an AMFA raid going on at NW and the INTL came up with the idea of a new district at NWA for M&R.

When the AMFA raid started at US, the M&R members of 141 voted to start a new district 141M, it was done by a democratic vote of the membership.

The only change was the DL representatives, they all ready had seperate CBAs per the NMB' Class and Craft.

There was no weakness created, it gave more say in their district and the m&r control of thier own district.

Both groups have the picket line language in their CBAs to protect each other during a strike and both CBAs became amendable at the same time.

Anymore history lessons needed?

I heard something today that doesn't sit with me that well. With everything going on the IAM at the next meeting THERE IS A VOTE ON 7th NOVEMBER TO INCREASE DUES SO THAT THE OFFICERS OF THE IAM141 CAN GET A RAISE IN PAY..anyone not casting a vote will be considered a "yes'' vote or ''for it.''
If this is truely the case, I'd like to ask those of you who do not seek a change to tell me why ? You can use the DE-CERT card if you want. I'm well aware of that, but what do you call what the IAM is currently doing to us ?

Thanks

Once again let me tell what happened.

The only change was the DL representatives, they all ready had seperate CBAs per the NMB' Class and Craft.
Utility and stock clerks are different class and craft.
Why not bring fleet service in under them? US was restructuring management to do this.

why didn’t it go thru ? I am very close to a lot of fleet service employees and they feel alienate from the IAM

He has your vote?

Ask the fleet and customer service agents what timmie caused to happen to them in 1992 when he filed short of cards when he started his first union.
Who was on that Ballot?
Was there any other union on the ballot if so did they organize a union vote.

Nothing in the past of the IAM or any other union is of importance at this time. We need information that is current. Now that the company is posting profits. Is our current union aware and adept at getting all fleet/mechanics onto a working contract before 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back