IBEW update for the week of October 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. Tim!
We will create a Grass Root! IBEW! The leadership of IAM and IBEW will eat it! Thanks for the info, but we need leaders that can relate to management. It ain't the union it is the leadership. You in for it!

People-
The IBEW is looking for the support from the card signing campain.
Doesn't anyone notice that the IAM has told you to expect a letter from
the IBEW stating that.."They have no interest in the card signing.'' That
letter is still not out and simply because the IBEW still wants to represent
you. I think, in time, you may see that letter, but that letter is meant to
purely satisfy the IAM. The IBEW wants us. If anyone has any questions
as to the intent of the IBEW ask a rep from the IBEW for yourself. I know
PHL is on board with this as many other stations are, but some stations are
reluctant to sign. What is it we want as a fleet ? Do you want to continue under
the current IAM banner or do you seek a new direction ? Its' that simple. The IBEW
is not a small International and for people to dismiss them because they never heard
of them or because thier not airline related is ignorant. If youv'e never heard of them
look them up..type IBEW in and thier the first thing to come up. As far as airline relations,
well look where thats' gotten us so far. Do you as a work group feel represented on
the job ? Do you feel the IAM is doing thier best for you ? Do you believe we deserve
more from a profitable airline than a concessionary TA ? If you believe this is the best
we can do, I'll have to disagree. I believe we deserve to at least get back to where we
were when the company was making money (pre 9-11). The company is back, why do you
feel we don't deserve the same ? They do not own us ! We make the profits, we make the
company. The IBEW is giving us a chance to speak for ourselves, ''the fleet'', with no other
voices speaking for us. The IBEW would be ours. We would make the decisions that would
affect our futures. Why do people still believe the IAM is looking out for you ? Look at the disparity
between the ''haves'' and the ''have nots''. AGC's, VP's at large, The council and board members
all make good or great salaries($80,000 - $150,000 with diems and charge accounts). I have
some good time with the company, I've been IBT, Company, and IAM. When did our elected
officials become thier own independent voice. People, ''absolute power corrupts absolutely''. The
Canale's of the world do not care about you, the dues paying workforce with no voice. Sign
the cards and make a difference for yourselves. This isn't a leap of faith, this is a parachute.
Think about it...do not let it pass you by. CLT this THUR., another step forward.

Thanks

I really do not see what the hold up is. Either we want to continue to be the I AM MANAGEMENT'S whipping post or not. All fleet service employee's need to rise up and do the right thing! :up:

Hard work must be rewarded with good pay and benefits! Take the time to do research and you will be able to see how much better the IBEW is than the IAM Management is. I am not trying to bash the IAM but their record is very weak. This is also not a bad union only the airline division is. Their hard working IAM members in many other industries that are represented well by the IAM. The problem is that the airline division has been in such a tailspins because of weak leadership. The biggest thing that I find so tragic is they are so arragont and continue to promote their lackies. Look at their paper. They promote much like USAirways. If you [****]up you move up! :down:

The time has come.

I hope everyone has found it easy to get info on the IBEW. Tim and other posters have provided great info and even better links. This forum has been and will continue to be a great tool used in the card drive, and other related events that will lead up to new and stronger representation. The most exciting thing right now is this is only the beginning of what is sure to be a great chapter in the history of usairways fleet service group. I cant infancies enough how important a strong barging unit is to our future. Make no mistake this is a great time to be negotiating with the company. We just need a union that is willing to recognize that, and seize the opportunity. the IBEW has built its reputation on strong leadership and negotiations that lead to fantastic contracts for there members. The time is now to sign an IBEW card. Seek them out in your station, and when IBEW reps visit your city take time to talk with them. I think you will find that they have your best interest in mind. The commitment from the IBEW is real and they can't wait to represent this group. Its a great feeling to know someone is excited to represent this group rather then treating them like an inconvenience to there bigger agenda. for those of you that have signed a card things are only gonna get better and more exciting as this thing comes to fruition. For those who haven't THE TIME IS NOW. Only you can speed up this process. The faster we get cards signed the sooner we can have an election. In the end we will have STRONG REPRESENTATION and GREAT LEADERSHIP.

People, ''absolute power corrupts absolutely''. The
Canale's of the world do not care about you, the dues paying workforce with no voice. Sign
the cards and make a difference for yourselves. This isn't a leap of faith, this is a parachute.Think about it...do not let it pass you by. CLT this THUR., another step forward.

Thanks

Exactly...........

bob

The cards are coming in but we need more! Remember the IBEW set a high bar because they have said all alone they will not jeopardize 8,000 hard working union brothers and sisters! The idea that you can have a new and better lease on life is great. I can't wait to see my how my union dues will be used in my favor for once! It will be nice to see strong investment in a Pac fund, retirement and med benefits! It will be nice to hear our voice instead of the constant be grading by the company! I want a leader that is going to tell Parker and his idiots that we have had enough and now they must listen to us for once. Guys and gals we have a huge opportunity to change the course of our futures.

Tim - Do you think once the IBEW is here, we will still have the same committee persons here in PHL?

The cards are coming in but we need more! Remember the IBEW set a high bar because they have said all alone they will not jeopardize 8,000 hard working union brothers and sisters! The idea that you can have a new and better lease on life is great. I can't wait to see my how my union dues will be used in my favor for once! It will be nice to see strong investment in a Pac fund, retirement and med benefits! It will be nice to hear our voice instead of the constant be grading by the company! I want a leader that is going to tell Parker and his idiots that we have had enough and now they must listen to us for once. Guys and gals we have a huge opportunity to change the course of our futures.
Labor Dawg,

you're preaching to the choir when you're talking to fleet service. Everyone pretty much agrees the IAM sux real bad. The problem, as I see it, is that fleet service has been beaten down sooooo bad that they are 'broken', they aren't free anymore. In essance, they are now the IAM #### and that is why the IAM whips them.
The exceptions are those who have been awakened and are collecting cards. The question in my mind is if there will be enough fleet service workers that will be able to get that passion back for the hope of actually having a union that listens.

Case in point CLT. Everyone in CLT hates the IAM and already knows the IAM has been screwing them over for years. They've been beaten and beaten. But give me 5 leaders down there who are not beaten, and have a set of balls, and still have the passion or can awaken that passion and this thing is over. Right now, I'm having a hard time naming just a couple. If CLT doesn't develop a couple leaders then I think this IBEW campaign will have a difficult time moving forward and at that point I would expect that IBEW letter that Canale lied about. It won't matter if the west coast or PHL has done their part.

regards,

Tim - Do you think once the IBEW is here, we will still have the same committee persons here in PHL?

What do you think?

With the exception of Heff H. and Tony A (Who is protected by the IAM) all the same people will be put in place again because they will all tell you how 'they tried' but nobody would listen etc etc, you will be gullible and believe them and still have nothing done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back