IBEW update for the week of October 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not realize the IAMNPF is totally seperate from the IAM?

thats good to know .. since you don't have to belong to the IAM to receive your pension from them.. I guess I can

just get 2 checks a month .. 1 from IAM and the other from the IBEW.

I believe it's on page 8 of the IAM pension plan summary. I won't waste my time typing it in . YOU very good at looking things up..

700 .. I knew YOU were good for something.. THANKs..

oh and my the way.. why don't you tell everyone . HOW THE IAM SOLD your JOB and all your other brothers/sisters to the company,,

could that be WHY you don't work for US no more :unsure:

700Is that what you and they are selling? The real truth is that mechanics never wanted utility in their union, and not listening to them {there is something unusual},decided they were going to do what they wanted to do not what the membership wanted! The mechanics never wanted us, only the big guys in the IAM wanted us because it would soften some of the companies cuts when it came time to take cuts. It also put more money into the unions pockets so they could raise the pay of the AGC s and top level officers. The fact that you continue to support them means you are probably being either paid or want to be paid by them. The truth is this group has been gang-banged by this union more than we care to talk about. They pimped us out whenever they could benefit the mechanics. If you even cared about this group you would not be selling their snake oil, but you don't so go sell this {s***} to someone else! I think you are so high on the crack that the IAM is selling that you have no idea what you are talking about. If you have no dog in this fight then sit on the side lines if you do then get busy and get something done for once! If you cared then you would not question the group you would question the leadership. That my friend is real democracy! We are currently under a dictatorship.

Hate to bust your bubble.. there dog blunder

but perv is NO company stooge.. his is a catalyst in getting the fleet service a voice .something alot of people want to take credit for doing

but actually sit by and wait and see. Perv has waited long enough.. so trust be my friend he has NO ties to this company other than being an employee

and his loyalty is to a UNION that wants to represent it membership

Once again.

I want to put the CHALLENGE out to the LARGEST fleet group on the system.. CLT .. it is time to stand up and be heard.

SIGN THE CARDS.. stop letting Canale / Rusk/ and Reagan speak for you.. IF YOU WANT CHANGE.. THEN LET's MAKE IT HAPPEN..

get CLT and PHL on the same team.. and it will be hard to break..

imagine having phl stand up and support clt oneday on issues we are having.. Isn't that what being in a UNION is all about..

For those of you reading these posts and are wondering what ''letter'' we keep referring to in regards to the IBEW and the IAM.....The IBEW upon hearing of the IBT card signing stepped up to the plate and offered the workforce at US another choice had the IBT successfully gone through and petitioned the NMB for an election. The IBT was headed in the direction of getting the 50% of cards needed to ask for such an election. Any other ''would be'' represenitive would need 35% of the cards signed to be included on the ballot along with the existing rep (IAM). The IBEW began thier card signing so that when or if the IBT petitioned for an election , the Ibew would be able to place thier name along side the others. The IBEW and the IAM are both members of the AFL-CIO . The IBT is not a member and could go after the fleet without the fines and costs another union would incur if they were a member of the AFL-CIO. When the IBT dropped out the IBEW had already gained a substantial amount of cards in a very brief time with no campain. The IBEW decided to pursue the card signing without attaching thier public name to the issue. The IAM upon hearing this asked the IBEW of thier intent. To which the IBEW has not responded to. The AFL-CIO and the IAM is asking the IBEW to put out a letter to squash this issue. The IBEW has,is delaying this letter so that the reps can allow people to know that this letter is a mere formality to be followed to keep from recieving fines from the AFL-CIO. The IBEW kept up the card signing because the call for new represntation was so strong and they were not going to turn a deaf ear to us. Now, the IAM stated that this letter would appear awhile ago and thier still waiting. That letter may very well appear but its' just to keep the AFL-CIO and the IAM appeased. When this card signing (not if) reaches the number the IBEW wants to see, thier name will be publicly attached and thier philosphy will be ''BRING ON THE FINES". The IBEW will not turn from us...it will be us turning from them if this doesn't go through.
I don't know if anybody was wondering but I thought I might try to clear the air...so to speak.
Thanks

Thought I'd repost this........

Thanks

dog blunder,
just curious .. what's YOUR stake in this fight.. if you don't mind disclosing .. are you FLEET how much time do you have invested

in this company or should I said how long have you been hosed by the company and the IAM .. my facts are 23 1/2 yrs work fleetservice and been

getting lied to from both the company and the IAM for 13 yrs.. If your an honest hard working BLUE collar guy like the rest on this board YOU will respond

dog blunder,
just curious .. what's YOUR stake in this fight.. if you don't mind disclosing .. are you FLEET how much time do you have invested

in this company or should I said how long have you been hosed by the company and the IAM .. my facts are 23 1/2 yrs work fleetservice and been

getting lied to from both the company and the IAM for 13 yrs.. If your an honest hard working BLUE collar guy like the rest on this board YOU will respond

21 years, enough time to know posers

Hey-
How about starting a new update topic and closing this weeks ?
This ones' getting pretty long. This ones' for the week of Oct. 21st
maybe Mon. we could start a new one .........28th..

Thanks

Well show me the trusted few. I see the committee people walking around, eating, drinking, bullsh%ting with people. It bothers me that they are the ones that have to represent me if anything was to occur. It would be nice to get some credible people in those positions. Ones that we can respect and trust. I've heard about some of those individuals and their backgrounds are not ones of respect or trust. I say "LET'S CLEAN HOUSE!"

Thats a great idea but unfortunately the only ones who are willing to take the time to get involved are the ones who are already involved.....everyone else is just to dog gone busy.

You a company plant there newbie?

If strength lies in numbers then why did the IAM separate FLEET SERVICE from mechanics????? You show numbers above. Its the numbers that the IAM wants.

I'll tell you why they did it here in Pittsburgh......

Fleet was invited to come and participate in our mechanic and related meetings even before they had an actual signed contract.

The cream of the crop thanked us by going to the bar before our meeting and getting "faced" and came in and continually

disrupted our meetings to the point that it was difficult to conduct business.Mechanic and related got tired of being cussed

at,screamed at and intimidated and it was decided fleet should have their own.So blame it on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back