IBEW update: November 6th-

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the IBEW supporters',
I bid you a fond adeiu'...Tonight the IAM gave
themselves a pay raise...apparently this workforce doesn't care. I'm leaving
this job, it doesn't make any sense to stay...I will wait til the IBEW completely
says thier out, but til then.........

bob
*I was and am a IBEW supporter..........

Ask anyone at the district level about the restructuring of the dues.
As a matter of fact, just ask Will Cashion. He expounded on the subject
last night. He informed us that the membership was half of what it used
to be, and with the present dues structure the International is going broke.
THIS WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE MEMBERSHIP FIRST
oriolman is correct in the statement that the proposed structure would double
our dues.

shame on you 700, you did not check before you posted!

don't let the facts get in your way

our dues.

The IAM district is in a mess. For political purposes they just appoint 3 more to the $100,000 club in a move to prevent America West employees from being represented at the District level. At the same time, the District wants you to pay for the tab of its failure to negotiate a fair and equitable contract. I haven't heard about the District officer pay increase so I can't chime in about that one.

The dues being raised is something being forced on the locals through the INTL and District. The overhead has remained incredible and the IAM continues to appoint more staff through back door political deals.
This is the time when the local IAM stooge will make a motion and try to pass dues increases without full disclosure. I personally can't see any local increasing their dues to the levels that the IAM wants [up to $1,000 a year].

regards,

Dues are tax deductable anyhow, you get them back.
700, honestly, do you think people are that stupid? You know the law and you know not all dues are tax deductable and in no case are they a credit. Further, it depends on the state also. At any rate, if this is the IAM game plan 'to tax people twice and then tell them they get the dues back' then I am not surprised because all the IAM has done is talked down to people, thinking just because they work the ramp they are dumb.

There are probably 3 times the amount of college degrees on the ramp than in your previous cleaning craft and M & R. ANd just because someone doesn't have a degree doesn't mean they are dumb. Give us a break 700, you can do better than your statement. You guys are killn us [lol]!

regards,

FEDERAL write off, not state, guess you have not been writing off your dues like I have been for the past 20 years.

Every Mechanic has a two year degree and many utility have college degrees, you are reaching.

By the way, I was a stock clerk.

FEDERAL write off, not state, guess you have not been writing off your dues like I have been for the past 20 years.

Every Mechanic has a two year degree and many utility have college degrees, you are reaching.

You mean you "departed" the company as a stock clerk.
We all saw you in that attractive one piece lav condom

Did you call Will? Are you willing to retract your dues statement?
The tax statements are a good sidestep though :cool:

Don't let those shades stop you from seeing the truth!

I was air cargo in 89, went to Utility, went to stores from 99-2003, 2003-2005 utility and then back to stores in 2005.

And ones job has nothing to do with ones knowledge or ability to represent the members.

went to local meeting and was informed that our IAM dues will be increased possibly doubled..

seems the GRAND LODGE is going broke.. either your dues will be calculated by 2 x your hourly rate each pay or 2 % your yearly pay less O.T

got these from lodge tres. . SO now that the IAM is doing SUCH a good job for you they feel they need to increase YOUR dues ...

So much for the GREAT IAM PENSION we have .. only 37% amount of people participate VS 63 % receiving... LOOKS a lot like SS.

GO IBEW

Its amaizing how things are heard by different people at the same meeting. The dues structure SUGGESTED by the Grand Lodge is going to be a proposal for the Grand Lodge Convention in 2008. ALL delegates will still vote on it as the previous voice failed to point out.

These same people failed to honor their own (wana-be IBEW Presidents letter) terminating a raid against the IAM. Maybe we need to be looking into better hearing protection, or just move closer to the front instead of hiding in the back row.

our dues.

Rights4ALL Newbie CouldBeA3AmigoMember,

Please read previous posts. You will see that the letter is nothing new and has been discussed on this forum. redeye previously posted in big bold red letter on the dues vote.

It always happens that when you are looking out for rights, some one always tries to hit you with a left.

Appreciate your informative post!

Yep, us ramp rats are very stupid so 700uw, I want to solicite your help in getting my dues money back. I guess I'll be paying $550 this year in dues without an increase and I will gladly pay you, 20% on any dollar you can get back for me from my tax return. In fact, scrap that, I will hand over to you any dues dollar that I can get back from my federal returns. This is my word and I'm not playing. I do not believe I will be able to get any of my dues dollars back like you allege so if you can show me how my tax return can get me my dues back, the money is yours and I will count it as me learning something.

regards,

WRONG.........not every mechanic has a two year degree. Alot of mechanics in the system,especially
in the Northeast Corridor attended ''Quaker City'' a school to obtain a A&P license. The time frame to
obtain a license varies.
''If you attend an aviation training school they run between 14 to 24 months. After completing the school you can test to obtain the A&P rating.''

Now I know why you have so many posts' per day, you have to constantly back peddle to refute
known facts. That quotation is from the FAA. You may complete your schooling in a 14 month period.
Also there are many fleet service workers who have attended these programs and currently can
recieve an A&P license if they choose to. It's not that difficult to recieve a license, it is however
difficult to afford one.

Thanks

Great....Union dues going up....Everythings going up except my pay.

Bring on the IBEW.

Now if I could get some tax advice. Anybody know a good tax adviser/Ho-Ho baker.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

"Once again, members do not contribute to the IAM Pension Plan, employer pay into to it.

All companies that participate pay into the plan, employees never make individual contributions."

I am sorry let me correct my self 37 % of participants (that would mean people or company's contributing )

there does that fix the problem for ya.. is that FACT enough . the point being made ... d / a is , there is more going out then coming in

and don't see an influx of NEW membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts