Im going to abstain

The Dissident

Senior
Contributor
Dec 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
For years I have advocated AMFA and getting rid of the twu and all I got were excuses. Such as we cant change during negotiations, or AMFA is an unknown quantity. This is what you get for your inaction in our attempts to rid ourselves of the twu you deserve everything thats coming your way for unwillingness to stand up and fight for your craft back then. Its time to pay the piper.

Reactions: 3 people
For years I have advocated AMFA and getting rid of the twu and all I got were excuses. Such as we cant change during negotiations, or AMFA is an unknown quantity. This is what you get for your inaction in our attempts to rid ourselves of the twu you deserve everything thats coming your way for unwillingness to stand up and fight for your craft back then. Its time to pay the piper.

Well said ! Tul is scared to vote AMFA in thinking they will farm out their work well now the twu just did just that. Enjoy!

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” Plato

Ie. Membership of 514

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't mean you... Sorry you misunderstood my post. It was apparent that you did attempt to encourage change and I don't blame you for getting tired and just washing your hands of the apathetic masses.

Just the Facts II. Never apologize. People do get tired, but never give up. The road is long, full of bumps and curves.It took many years before I had a change of heart and seen the need for a change. My opinion was it does not matter what union name we have because it will be same people who stay involved and the same people who will always throw rocks at who ever is in charge. Then an incident happened where I felt some fellow co-workers were not getting the support they needed. Because of that incident 12 new people have signed cards. Change will eventually happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Just the Facts II. Never apologize. People do get tired, but never give up. The road is long, full of bumps and curves.It took many years before I had a change of heart and seen the need for a change. My opinion was it does not matter what union name we have because it will be same people who stay involved and the same people who will always throw rocks at who ever is in charge. Then an incident happened where I felt some fellow co-workers were not getting the support they needed. Because of that incident 12 new people have signed cards. Change will eventually happen.

Thanks for changing, when you meet the AMFA guys most supported the TWU at one time or another, I was a shop steward and president club cope member. I attended my first AMFA at the request of Buck I was not overly impressed but I met two guys from JFK and they asked me to help them, because they were going broke in New York. I agreed to help because I could not see why anyone would be opposed to a vote of the membership well one thing led to another the TWU put me in bad standing and told me in some ways their constitutiuon superseded the constitution of the U.S. this is B.S. and I bacame convinced something had to be done to change, i have worked for that change ever since.

While I understand the frustration of folks like the dissendent abstaining to punish those who will not fight does nothing but reward company for others failings. In the end our battle is not with our fellow union brothers it is with AA and doing something to help AA in the name of getting even with those who failed us in the past is just as foolish of an act as not helping in the first place, because there were more than enough cards to get a vote in 2003 it was the company not the foolish that stopped that election from happening.

Reactions: 3 people
You obviously do not understand the context of my post. I am through. I am not getting revenge on my fellow employees or advocating for AA. I will be in the same boat as them. At least I can say I never waivered in my convictions. They still deserve whats coming for their inaction in the past. The best remembered lessons are the ones that cause pain.

You obviously do not understand the context of my post. I am through. I am not getting revenge on my fellow employees or advocating for AA. I will be in the same boat as them. At least I can say I never waivered in my convictions. They still deserve whats coming for their inaction in the past. The best remembered lessons are the ones that cause pain.

I understand by not voting you become one of the 600 the company needs to pass this POS you are not just getting those who refused to help you get all of us. but I am not here to argue with you it is your vote do with it what you will but if it passes by one vote then it falls on you. I see no logic in your approach and that is what you say about those who failed to help in the past.

I understand by not voting you become one of the 600 the company needs to pass this POS you are not just getting those who refused to help you get all of us. but I am not here to argue with you it is your vote do with it what you will but if it passes by one vote then it falls on you. I see no logic in your approach and that is what you say about those who failed to help in the past.

Dont worry about my logic as you call it. If it fails to pass well then good for them. If it does pass well then its time to take the medicine and pay the piper. If it just happens to be by one vote even more so. Its democracy remember! Sometimes you dont get what you want ,you get what you deserve. Alot of these twu supporters have not felt enough pain to have been awakened so maybe this will do it. Ill be awaiting the voting results tomorrow.

Dont worry about my logic as you call it. If it fails to pass well then good for them. If it does pass well then its time to take the medicine and pay the piper. If it just happens to be by one vote even more so. Its democracy remember! Sometimes you dont get what you want ,you get what you deserve. Alot of these twu supporters have not felt enough pain to have been awakened so maybe this will do it. Ill be awaiting the voting results tomorrow.

May the force be with them P.C. :blush:

Can you still wear any T-shirt you desire and in the way you want?