I'm ready to go AMFA

Spare me please!

Knew all about it according to who? Your QX mech one post wonder to this site? Sure...

I have to laugh that you'd even try to float this crap, really, and heres why - certainly you remember the ibt campaign at UAL, after United announced it was looking for a joint venture partner/buyer for the base the ibt organizing machine went into overdrive to use that as one excuse to change unions. We supposedly needed teamster power to defeat UALs evil outsourcing plot, hell they even had a rally on the steps of UAL city hall to denounce the idea, remember this video?

You honestly expect the readers here to believe that ibt knew about the companys outsourcing intentions, according to your phantom AMFA reps ... it was already in the works under before the ibt came on the property, and then IGNORED what would've arguably been one of there best weapons to use in that campaign and didn't use it?

No blitz campaign full of smear and fear about how AMFA couldn't stop Horizons plan but the ibt could? No rally on the steps of Portland city hall?

But they knew it started under AMFA.....sure.

Bump

You are reaching. If you want to compare, why not compare with what happened to the Alaska mechanics. The association took over representation in 1998, and since that time Alaska has farmed out most of it's non line maintenance (further proving my notion that amfa will ignore all but line maintenance). In 2004 amfa stood by as Alaska closed the Oakland heavy maintenance facility. Before that they lost the Tire and break shop in Seattle. Since that time, they have lost the paint shop, the crew seat shop, the net shop, the recon shop, the composites shop, the wire shop, the APU shop and the sheet metal shop.

Alaska for some years has been chasing to get 10% return on investment capital and has been using maintenance reductions to help them get there. The most insulting outsourcing by Alaska had to be when they gave away some of the engine shop work. The engine rebuild was farmed out in 2008 and the former Alaska mechanics were forced out. But the work was NOT sent somewhere else. Engine shop employees stood by shocked as replacement workers were brought in to work along side the remaining amfa members. Talk about a slap in the face.

Horizon is wholly owned by Alaska, and now subject o the same 10% ROIC chase to the bottom. Horizon mechanics, as amfa members, saw what was happening to the mechanics of the parent company and knew what was in store for them. Way before the campaign for the IBT had even begun, QX managers were dropping hints to watch what was going on at Alaska as a sign of things to come.

It is no myth, and if you just compare what had happened to the mechanics of the company that owns Horizon, it is a very plausible conclusion that the Horizon mechanics must have known what was about to happen to them. This leads me to believe the statements by those QX members who say they knew about the outsourcing plans before the Teamsters were brought on. You are reaching. If you want to compare, why not compare with what happened to the Alaska mechanics. The association took over representation in 1998, and since that time Alaska has farmed out most of it's non line maintenance (further proving my notion that amfa will ignore all but line maintenance). In 2004 amfa stood by as Alaska closed the Oakland heavy maintenance facility. Before that they lost the Tire and break shop in Seattle. Since that time, they have lost the paint shop, the crew seat shop, the net shop, the recon shop, the composites shop, the wire shop, the APU shop and the sheet metal shop.

Alaska for some years has been chasing to get 10% return on investment capital and has been using maintenance reductions to help them get there. The most insulting outsourcing by Alaska had to be when they gave away some of the engine shop work. The engine rebuild was farmed out in 2008 and the former Alaska mechanics were forced out. But the work was NOT sent somewhere else. Engine shop employees stood by shocked as replacement workers were brought in to work along side the remaining amfa members. Talk about a slap in the face.

Horizon is wholly owned by Alaska, and now subject o the same 10% ROIC chase to the bottom. Horizon mechanics, as amfa members, saw what was happening to the mechanics of the parent company and knew what was in store for them. Way before the campaign for the IBT had even begun, QX managers were dropping hints to watch what was going on at Alaska as a sign of things to come.

It is no myth, and if you just compare what had happened to the mechanics of the company that owns Horizon, it is a very plausible conclusion that the Horizon mechanics must have known what was about to happen to them. This leads me to believe the statements by those QX members who say they knew about the outsourcing plans before the Teamsters were brought on.

An interesting article about the union struggles in the TulsAA World today: http://bit.ly/PGKfbv
I thought it funny how Gless is talking about AMFA's "sad story", but does not even mention the teamsters. Apparently he's ok with them taking over...

Less than 500 time to redouble my efforts.

Soon I will be in a union that cares about this craft and class.
Soon I will be in a union that cares about the quality of maintenance we perform.
Soon I will be in a union that will set the standard for aircraft maintenance workers.

An interesting article about the union struggles in the TulsAA World today: http://bit.ly/PGKfbv
I thought it funny how Gless is talking about AMFA's "sad story", but does not even mention the teamsters. Apparently he's ok with them taking over...

Interesting how Gless promoted earlier AMFA drives but doesn't mention that. We wouldn't want him brought up on bad standing charges now.

Go AMFA!

Love the comment at the end of the article where the moron blames the "Greedy" union guys. Funny. I have worked here for over 27yrs and have NEVER been paid as much as United, or Delta. So I guess asking for what the other airlines pay is considered being greedy? Well I guess if he can call me greedy I can call him an ignorant idiot who knows nothing about what he is talking about.

Thanks for the link.

I know you hate me and all, but if one of you in Tulsa who has access to comment section on this paper, please counter the BS posted at the end of the article by 94146 just below the story? I truly hate when people complain that any of us is overpaid. What kind of crap is that?

Well the comment is partially correct. The International officers are OVERPAID for what they do. NOTHING and Suck A$$ to the almighty IDIOT at the top.

Well the comment is partially correct. The International officers are OVERPAID for what they do. NOTHING and Suck A$$ to the almighty IDIOT at the top.

The second line;

"The mechanics and other Union personel have priced American Airlines out of business."

You are OK with taking the blame for AA's financial problems?

Thanks for the link.

I know you hate me and all, but if one of you in Tulsa who has access to comment section on this paper, please counter the BS posted at the end of the article by 94146 just below the story? I truly hate when people complain that any of us is overpaid. What kind of crap is that?
That is the common perception of the majority. Just listen to any radio talk show. Any union is the cause of companies going out of business, not corporate greed.

Glad to see Buck respond to the comment by the moron who called us greedy and blames us for the company's woes. I am not surprised, however, that he couldn't post anything without bringing up his political views. Please do not speak for all of us when you say the union members vote Republican. I am a proud Independent and have never voted for idiots like George W. Bush and Jim Inhoffe.

Glad to see Buck respond to the comment by the moron who called us greedy and blames us for the company's woes. I am not surprised, however, that he couldn't post anything without bringing up his political views. Please do not speak for all of us when you say the union members vote Republican. I am a proud Independent and have never voted for idiots like George W. Bush and Jim Inhoffe.
Old Guy, go back and read Bucks comment. This is what he said:"Most mechanics I know vote for Republican because they are Conservatives and do not vote Democrat because they no longer have the same goals". He's not speaking for all mechanics, just the mechanics he knows. He was also responding to the political statement from the first comment.

Back