Inquiring Minds

As soon as the contract passes or fails it will be announced that Boeing is taking over all overhaul and GE is taking over all Engine shops. But do not worry we will still be represented by the TWU!!! :blink: :unsure: :eek: :(
that's an interesting rumor. :ph34r: Ihaven't heard that on before, I've heard luftansa tech buying TUL

sounds like dwh is going to be a base aleast thats the way I think it was being explained today at the meeting

Back to DWH. The RIF for MCI MSP DTW SFO is coming up approx 170 mechanics will move in the system. Where will they go and save the company the most about of money. I.E.moving expenses. Second wave and junority list will be much smaller if there are moves to vacancies and not system bumps. AA wants the DWH language done ASAP so that DWH can be filled with the RIF mechanics. Crap T/A gets voted in MSP, DTW, SFO you go to DWH, AFW, TUL no sign bonus no increase in Line pay Thanks TWU.

Back to DWH. The RIF for MCI MSP DTW SFO is coming up approx 170 mechanics will move in the system. Where will they go and save the company the most about of money. I.E.moving expenses. Second wave and junority list will be much smaller if there are moves to vacancies and not system bumps. AA wants the DWH language done ASAP so that DWH can be filled with the RIF mechanics. Crap T/A gets voted in MSP, DTW, SFO you go to DWH, AFW, TUL no sign bonus no increase in Line pay Thanks TWU.

I know you are new here, and welcome, but your post appears to read as if you expected the TWU to negotiate for the benefit of the member instead of the company. Where are you been all these years of TWU representation and now the fourth attempt to oust them as our bargaining agent?

well the guys from mci should get the signing bonus no matter where they go right

? here a guy getting bumped/laid off can he bump the the most junoir guy in the system or do they have to fill vacanies in the system first i.e. understand lax has alot of opening including a couple of other stations would they have to go there before bumping a guy in dfw with a little time

no they can bump junior guy. Junior guy could then fill vacant spot
no...they fill the openings first, then bump the junior guy. unless they don't want to go where the opening is, then they can bump the junior guy first and then fill the opening unless thier bump sheets arrive in a white or brown envelope, then they are awarded a "spot" at thier chioce of stations but only if you make your choice by noon that day.......I've been through several layoffs/reductions/closeures whatevers and the TWU and AA have NEVER done it the same way twice.

I know you are new here, and welcome, but your post appears to read as if you expected the TWU to negotiate for the benefit of the member instead of the company. Where are you been all these years of TWU representation and now the fourth attempt to oust them as our bargaining agent?
No worries Informer card has been signed and mailed.

Talked to an E-Board member in NY he says they are running 25 short. No one left on recall and they have not gone to the transfer list. Company and union are waiting for the RIF to backfill open slots across the system.

What i have been hearing is JFK and LGA are in really bad shape they need more heads pronto , especially if they are going to increase flights out of JFK ... I know that Delta is really beefing up big time competition there ...

We just got word at AFW that DWH is getting around 150 people. They are going to be under maintenance base rules but as of now dfw local. Our sheet says 757 landing gears, 777 blanket mods, and drop ins. They are hoping that MCI fills up most of the slots.

We just got word at AFW that DWH is getting around 150 people. They are going to be under maintenance base rules but as of now dfw local. Our sheet says 757 landing gears, 777 blanket mods, and drop ins. They are hoping that MCI fills up most of the slots.
<_< ------- Oh you'll probably see some from MCI. But nowhere near 150. ( Just one man's opinion.)

Latest posts