It's Not Your Fault...it's Managements

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
If you think that by giving further concessions that it will preserve your job then we disagree and you do not need to read further. If you agree then kindly read on.

Not to be crude but for any union on the property to engage in further concessionary talks with US AIRWAYS is a terrible injustice to the workers and would be like placing money in a running toilet. Or to put another way like giving money to a drunk. I'm speaking as an IAM member in ORD.

What has the millions of dollars from labor returned other than a return plea for more productive work rules? In today's Pittsburgh tribune review, Thomas Olson a staff reporter confirmed, "Siegel's letter stated. "Literally everything must be on the table," he said, citing: More productive work rules. And at the same time, Burton Amos's article said,
"While the latest management team at US AIRWAYS is quite adept at downsizing and cost cutting, it has shown little marketing or revenue-generation ability."

Besides the fact that we are 'given out' the suggestion to give more itself is more than a nursery cryme.

Amos hit on the revenue side so let me ask a question. How much revenue are we losing because of management's decision to park some airbus's? Of course, it has even gotten so bad that a Federal judge had to step in and tell our management it was in violation of its written word. Actions, not words identify this management team. And BTW how much revenue is a plane making when by schedule oftentimes it sits for 60+ minutes?
Of course, there is alot of talk about Southwest now. But WN understands that those planes aren't generating revenue when they are on the ground so its planes aren't allowed to sit for such extended lengths of time.

As a side, why hasn't the IAM had the decency to provide fleet service with contract booklets? It's only the freakn law.
A co worker suggested we don't have booklets because the I'll Ask Management union is prepared in case the company decides it wants additional contract changes. A very plausible argument.
He went on to say that the IAM represents management to us instead of us to management. Interesting discussion.

At any rate, lost revenue from having planes sit idle or the inability to make revenue isn't your fault....it's managements. After all isn't that what they are paid for?

Tim Nelson, View from O'hare

I fully agree with you. This management team has done nothing to generate revenue for the company. Let`s go out and put our planes in the air and not let them sit on the ground for hours. Let`s find someone who wants to run the airline. Its time for the Board of Directors to replace Mr. Siegel and his management team with someone who wants to run the company. The employees have given and the well is dry. Management has proven they do not have a clue as to what is going on or what to do. Time for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike W said:
Tim,
I think if you do some research you'll find it's the company's responsibility to provide the contract books per the CBA of 1999. Complain to Dave.
Mike,

So what you are saying is that the IAM hasn't enforced the fleet service contract in this area? Mike, there is no reason to complain to Dave when I am suppose to have a union that enforces the contract.
At any rate, whether you understand it or not, it is a unions responsibility to provide a copy of its CBA to its members. Almost 1 year and still no contract. But it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Regards,

Tim Nelson

Tim,
The bottom line is that the CBA states it is the company's responsibility to provide the contract books. To my knowledge,no one has filed a grievance on this point.

Mike, Timmy is just mad cause he can't get an IAM job since he is a self-annoited directer of the AGW, seems this is Pruitt's and his latest scam, remember Fleet Service United? Timmy and him did that too.