US Hubs Are Sub Par?

That has happened to me, too...and, I got an email saying I was protected in F on the next flight and they still waited for me. And then when I got to my seat, the FA asked what I wanted for a predeparture drink even though I was the very last person on the plane and they were waiting for me before leaving. I declined the drink, but it was a nice gesture. US never ever treated me like that. US closed the door on me 2 times with the plane sitting at the jetway.

So, I take the thread below was not posted by you? :lol:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental...-me-sshole.html

It seems that for every good story you hear about an airline, you can find an equally horrible one. Cracks me up!

If US had kept the PIT hub I would not have switched to CO. I think that makes a very strong statement!!!

I know that CCY started the ball rolling with the dismantling of the PIT hub, but even after Tempe took over, PIT was still a viable connecting hub for points in the NE.

Has anyone noticed that since the merger the company has never, ever, ever admitted they made a mistake? It's always due to this or because of that. They can NEVER accept that they make mistakes. They don't admit to a failed reservations migration down to reinstating the 500 mile bonus. They now have hubs that aren't up to par with the other big carriers. Does it ever end? Run the G'damn airline like your DEARLY paid to do or get out. Today is my day to be sick and tired. US can't do this and US can't do that. Why in HELL have we retained all this "top talent" and paid bonuses if they can't do something with this supposed train wreck? :rolleyes:

If US had kept the PIT hub I would not have switched to CO. I think that makes a very strong statement!!!

I know that CCY started the ball rolling with the dismantling of the PIT hub, but even after Tempe took over, PIT was still a viable connecting hub for points in the NE.

I think that cities that may be approached by any carrier for airport expansion based on a hub will look long and hard before they sink money into any construction at this point.

Based on past experiences such as PIT (US), RDU (AA), CVG (DL); the investments made by these cities based on hub promises were short lived.

In the case of US, at this point, a mid-continent hub would seem to make sense. The "synergies" that were supposed to have been realized by the HP/US merger, have not come to fruition. With a mid-continent hub, they could at least create a drop point for the west flights to connect with the east flights. This temporary solution, for this company seems more attainable than getting the labor contracts in order required to operate as one company.

(Just my opinion and is not meant to turn this into a labor discussion)

I think that cities that may be approached by any carrier for airport expansion based on a hub will look long and hard before they sink money into any construction at this point.

Based on past experiences such as PIT (US), RDU (AA), CVG (DL); the investments made by these cities based on hub promises were short lived.

In the case of US, at this point, a mid-continent hub would seem to make sense. The "synergies" that were supposed to have been realized by the HP/US merger, have not come to fruition. With a mid-continent hub, they could at least create a drop point for the west flights to connect with the east flights. This temporary solution, for this company seems more attainable than getting the labor contracts in order required to operate as one company.

(Just my opinion and is not meant to turn this into a labor discussion)

A LOT of CVG was built by Delta on a land lease. IIRC.