JACK 's message is reckless and irresponsible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWA320

Veteran
May 6, 2007
Western hemisphere
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, YOUR MEC CHAIRMAN JACK STEPHEN IS AGAIN GIVING YOU FALSE HOPE. I URGE ALL OF YOU TO REALLY READ AND UNDERSTAND SECTION 45 OF THE MERGER POLICY. THE EC/ALPA NATIONAL CAN NOT INTERFERE OUTSIDE OF A CRIMINAL ACT. CAPTAIN PRATER ADDRESSED THE WEST MEC LAST EVENING AND STATED JUST THAT!!!! FOR YOUR MEC CHAIRMAN TO ONCE AGAIN MIS-MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS IS EXTREMELY RECKLESS. IN THE END THE WEST WILL MOVE TOWARDS A CONTRACT ON OUR SIDE THEREBY LEAVING YOU IN LOA 93 FOR YEARS TO COME. YOUR PILOTS STAND TO LOSE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AS A RESULT.

FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN A DECERT OF THE NATIONAL UNION WILL NOT SET ASIDE THIS AWARD, YOU HAVE AGAIN THERE BEEN LIED TO!!! I SUGGEST YOU ALL DO SOME INVESTIGATION INTO THIS FACT. YOUR MEC IS REALLY DOING ALL OF YOU A GREAT DISSERVICE AND YOU NEED TO DEMAND THE TRUTH...

MEC Chairman’s Message - May 16, 2007

This is MEC Chairman Jack Stephan with a Chairman's message to the pilots for Wednesday, May 16th.

There have been an overwhelming number of requests from our pilots regarding our response to the Nicolau award and the upcoming May 21st Merger Committee presentation to the Executive Council. At this meeting our Merger Committee will have the opportunity to point out to the Executive Council the gross injustices of this award resulting from the arbitrator’s total disregard for key provisions of ALPA merger policy. The Merger Committee's presentation also demonstrates that the Executive Council does have the jurisdiction and authority to deal with the problems created by the Award.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you just how serious and important this meeting is. Your seniority and ultimately the rest of your entire career may depend upon what happens in this process. It is certainly understandable that such a large number of pilots have indicated their strong desire to be present at the ALPA Herndon office that day. You already know that I will be there as will many members of your MEC.

In response to the plethora of inquires regarding our pilots’ grass roots efforts, I will present you with a summary of what we know:

· Many of our pilots have been calling and emailing the national officers and EVPs frequently. Their contact list is posted in ‘What’s new.’ Most of the emails from our pilots addressed the award’s inequities caused by the arbitrator not complying with ALPA merger policy and the resulting windfalls at our expense.

· Many pilots have asked their family and friends at other carriers to contact their own carrier’s EVP.

· Many of you have indicated that you will be attending the ALPA Executive Council meeting scheduled for Monday, May 21st at the ALPA Herndon office. Most of the questions have been regarding the specifics of where, when and how to get there. The ALPA offices are located at 535 Herndon Pkwy, Herndon, VA. Herndon is closest to IAD and approximately 30 miles from DCA. We will soon post travel information on the pilots only web site. Most pilots plan to arrive at the ALPA Herndon office prior to noon.

With all our focus on responding to the Nicolau award, there have been some questions regarding our Three-Prong strategy in support of JNC negotiations. Although we are mainly preoccupied with seniority issues, one only needs to read the latest insulting economic proposal by management as well as the A340 augmented crew rest rules to understand management’s disregard of the sacrifices made by our pilots. Their proposals were ‘Dead On Arrival’ and did not warrant further review. Throw in the seniority issues and the ‘Three- prong Approach†is more important than ever!

Moving forward I ask that you stay informed as the situation involving the Nicolau award is very dynamic. Communications will be providing information as it becomes available. As always we will only accomplish our goals through the pilot’s solidarity.

So continue to look out for each other and keep your families first. As always, fly safe and thanks for listening.

Intrigration is nothing new. Whatever is the industry doesn't matter. But, it does have alot to do with who are the deciders. In Phoenix, the Maricopa District School Bus Drivers had senority. 20 years plus! They could name their trips out of town and overnite. Senority reined. Then, the county changed the rules. Seniors were going to court and lawyers. But, there wasn't enough support because there was limited senority members. SO! within months, seniors, without money and support, submitted to the new rules. Wow! Was my 20 year husband MAD!
What we need to achieve is a belief that all of us will equate to the result of an airline that every shareholder will throw their money at. The lady with the german accent at the shareholders meeting yesterday, was actuately asking how everyone who works at US. Airways will double her old husbands, well invested money with the new improved merger.
Our leaders will come begging employees for ideas. And, that will include PAY INCENTIVES!

Done arguing the merits East your mec's actions are irresponisble and reckless, nuff said...

Ummm...So what's your point? Those guys are running scared, and trying to keep their "phoney-baloney jobs" versus seeing Alpa get voted off the island. Your entire position seems clearly to be merely further attempts to "sell" the "it's over...just shove it" position. Sorry if such isn't impressing anyone east of the Miss.

I'll again note that a huge question continues out east = "What's wrong with agreeing on, or at least looking at some fences?"

Ummm...So what's your point? Those guys are running scared, and trying to keep their "phoney-baloney jobs" versus seeing Alpa get voted off the island. Your entire position seems clearly to be merely further attempts to "sell" the "it's over...just shove it" position. Sorry if such isn't impressing anyone east of the Miss.

I'll again note that a huge question continues out east = "What's wrong with agreeing on, or at least looking at some fences?"

Because you are late. This was a pre-arbitration issue that you refused to negotiate. Now, after the fact you want to renege.

Because you are late. This was a pre-arbitration issue that you refused to negotiate. Now, after the fact you want to renege.

Again...What's your point? In the real world it's necessary to act based upon actual conditions. If AWA actually wants any degree of "fellowship"...methinks it'd be a good time to start some dialog that at least allows for something past "Tough luck...Shove It!!!". Such only serves to garner "eastie" responses of "Oh Yeah!!??..YOU Shove It!!"..and nothing's accomplished for either side..or all of us a any approximation of a pilot group.

You've mentioned LOA ops conditions. Understand that to the vast majority of "easties"...there's no downside to continuing under such, and operating seperately, if it prevents a massive dump in seniority. This would not constitute "bad faith" in bargaining...merely the need to see a VERY generous contract proposal prior to ever voting such into effect. You Gents/Ladies have known the current management longer than we have..you tell us just how likely such an offer is?

So East is going to bum rush Herndon? And do what?

It is required of East to go through this process, step by step. Do not confuse current events with what is actually going to happen. "Shock and Awe" comes to mind. Just my opinion.

When you put someone up against a wall, no telling what they might do.

By the way....don't appreciate the "bum" reference.

Greeter.

Because their present and past behavior proves they cannot be trusted to honor any agreements. They have all but admitted their strategy of pretending to participate in joint negotiations while dragging their feet unnecessarily.

The east has a long way to go to regain the trust necessary for anyone to bargain in good faith with them.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with fences, that could have been a great idea. Its a shame your TEAM didn't attempt to use that concept, and instead went for broke by trying to screw the West pilot group.

How you can convince yourself that someone on furlough deserves a slot higher than a working pilot who brought a job to the merger is beyond me.

Your reps gambled and lost, when they could have been negotiating. Maybe you should ask them "what's wrong with some fences".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts