Jane Allen quit or sent packing?

My God. The woman left AA years ago. Why do people at AA still even bother to think or care about her?

We at UAL barely bother to.
She didn't leave AA, she was asked to leave AA. Management felt she was not anything that AA wanted anymore. UAL, Tilton loves her lipstick cherry and felt bad for her. I saw them once having dinner together. My guess is as good as the housewives

When she started at UAL, she LEFT AA for the job. Unless you have a link to prove otherwise, there was no dismissal from AA.

Again, Laura's question was "Why do people at AA still even bother to think or care about her?" especially since you (AA) have about the most abusive work rules of any airline which you CHOSE to take on. Why worry about Jane? If I were you, I'd concentrate on sleeping on my 8 hour layover.

Again, Laura's question was "Why do people at AA still even bother to think or care about her?" especially since you (AA) have about the most abusive work rules of any airline which you CHOSE to take on. Why worry about Jane? If I were you, I'd concentrate on sleeping on my 8 hour layover.
Why do AAer's care or think about Jane Allen? She was a big part of AA's history in negotiations with several work groups during her tenure. Including a strike and a long binding arbitration with the flight attendants.

Abusive work rules? That's rather subjective. I am very happy with How our rules work, and what I can do with them. We also do not have any 8 hour layovers.

Eight hours behind the door on domestic FLY. Which is OK, and 10 on int'l. How much different, if any is yours? I bet not much. We just like to laugh everytime we hear about Jane A. at UAL. It is too funny that you guys pick up our trash and then promote it. She wasn't fired from AA, but pushed out the door in no uncertain terms.

dc3fanatic, I know she isn't the brightest or best, because I have worked WITH her and around her while she was here at AA. Does that satisfy you about my qualifications to make a remark of that nature? If not please let me know what else you require.

Jane Allen was NOT pushed out the door at AA. Jane had no intention of leaving AA, but Glenn Tilton continued to pursue her and she finally flew up to ORD to meet with Tilton. He made her an offer that she simply couldn't refuse. That is why Jane Allen is at United. Furthermore, her leap from Senior VP of Onboard to VP of HR was a promotion. I've met her several times. She's been very personable, seems knowledgable about the business, and appears to be thriving in her new career at United.

dc3fanatic, I know she isn't the brightest or best, because I have worked WITH her and around her while she was here at AA. Does that satisfy you about my qualifications to make a remark of that nature? If not please let me know what else you require.
well, at least you have something first hand.

I have met her too and I strongly disagree with your statement. We should just agree to disagree.

Eight hours behind the door on domestic FLY. Which is OK, and 10 on int'l. How much different, if any is yours? I bet not much.

I am looking over the lines for September where I'm based. The shortest international layover is 25 hours. The work rules were the one thing we refused to give up, so we gave up pay for the difference. We knew we could eventually negotiate our pay but if we gave up both (rules and pay) it would be almost impossible to get both back. Why do this job if all you see on the layover is the hotel room?

I have some GRU trips next month all with a 38 hour layover. That is what makes it worth it to me.

Domestically, the layovers are pretty short over at UAL too. We have no fence between international and domestic trips, so a domestic lineholder has the ability to trade into an int'l trip. Reserves get about a 50/50 shot at the int'l trips if they are based in a hub.

Jane Allen obviously screwed the AA f/a's big time to see the reaction she causes when her name is mentioned. She didn't do much for the UAL f/a's to piss us off but she did start the Flight Attendant Service Center which has turned out to be a nice thing for us. :)

Great for you guys. But our short layovers in EZE and GRU are some of the most senior ones. Not everyone likes long layovers away from home. Here we have lots of choices. Long and short.

I love my 2 day trips with the 10 hour layover. Makes for a great month of 2 on 5 off.

You are correct about that Mikey. Different strokes.

As far as Jane Allen goes, she wasn't destructive to the UAL f/a's, so we never got the chance to build up a hatred against her.

Jane Allen...
...She didn't do much for the UAL f/a's to piss us off but she did start the Flight Attendant Service Center which has turned out to be a nice thing for us. :)

Fly, that is not quite correct. The Flight Attendant Service Center was started long before Jane Allen's arrival at UAL. Vickie Prior, who was the Manager of Initial Training was picked to oversee the start of the Service Center and was up and running prior to 9/11...

Really?!? I was completely off on that one then. I was under the impression that she was the one who set it up. (and until they outsourced them, it was a great F/A tool. Thanks Vickie)

Ok, so there you have it. Jane Allen did nothing for the UAL f/a's but she didn't completely tick us off like she did to the AA f/a's.

off subject, sorta:

Just talked to my sister, an AA f/a, and she told me how much her check was. sigh, I would like that. But I told her what I'm flying next month and she wishes she had mine. Again, nothing against the AA f/a's, but our contracts are very different.

Why is there this much discussion on the topic of Jane Allen? Who cares??
My point exactly novaqt. I'm wondering why many AA f/as are so fixated on this woman who left AA's employ years ago. I rarely hear(or speak) the woman's name on line at UAL. As you will notice this thread was started by an AAer. Go figure?

Perhaps many of the AA people that are so fascinated with this Jane Allen are too junior to yet recognize that the airline industry management is very 'fickle' (so to speak). Many upper management types change carriers as they "climb the corporate ladder".

Nothing new...no big deal.

She didn't leave AA, she was asked to leave AA. Management felt she was not anything that AA wanted anymore. UAL, Tilton loves her lipstick cherry and felt bad for her. I saw them once having dinner together. My guess is as good as the housewives

"She didn't leave AA, she was asked to leave AA." Huh?

Uuummmm. That means she left....correct?

BTW. What is a "lipstick cherry"?

Ok, so there you have it. Jane Allen did nothing for the UAL f/a's but she didn't completely tick us off like she did to the AA f/a's.

That's more like it. As for the difference in contracts, it sounds like AA F/A's make more money, but UA flight attendants have better quality-of-life (work-rules, layovers)?

Remember she doesn't even know she is working for United. After all, she did welcome the first new hire flight attendnant class to American Airlines!! :lol:

I wonder if her voice mail says:

You have reached Jane Allen VP of American Airlines HR...

Latest posts