US Airways Names New Vice President of InFlight Services

FlyDCJets

Advanced
Mar 21, 2006
US Airways today announced that Hector E. Adler will join the airline as vice president of InFlight Services effective April 1.

Adler brings 35 years of airline and inflight services experience to US Airways, and will oversee the airline’s 6,600 flight attendants. He will also oversee the airline’s inflight dining department and will lead all facets of onboard products and services. In his new position, which is subject to approval by the company’s board of directors, Adler will report to Captain Ed Bular, senior vice president, Flight Operations and InFlight.

“We are extremely pleased to welcome Hector to this key position,â€￾ said Captain Bular. “Hector brings extensive global inflight services experience to US Airways, and has been a part of both start-up and established airline cultures. He began his career as a line flight attendant and this experience, coupled with his diverse background, will provide excellent leadership for our amazing flight attendant team.â€￾

Adler most recently served as senior vice president, Guest Experience for the former Eos Airlines where he was responsible for the onboard and airport experience. Prior to this Adler was vice president, InFlight Services for Northwest Airlines where he was responsible for onboard service operations, including catering services and product development, and where he had direct line management of more than 10,000 flight attendants. Before that Adler worked for United Airlines as a director of International InFlight Services. Prior to his work at United, Adler was vice president of InFlight and Dining Services at Pan American World Airways, responsible for all cabin service operations, including catering services in the U.S., Europe, Africa and South America. He started his career as a flight attendant with American Airlines and held a variety of positions with the carrier over a 15-year period, the last being regional manager of International Flight Service.

Adler earned a Master of Arts in Literature from New York University and a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts from City University of New York. He is fluent in Spanish and Italian and conversational in French and Portuguese.

US Airways today announced that Hector E. Adler will join the airline as vice president of InFlight Services effective April 1.

Adler brings 35 years of airline and inflight services experience to US Airways, and will oversee the airline’s 6,600 flight attendants. He will also oversee the airline’s inflight dining department and will lead all facets of onboard products and services. In his new position, which is subject to approval by the company’s board of directors, Adler will report to Captain Ed Bular, senior vice president, Flight Operations and InFlight.

“We are extremely pleased to welcome Hector to this key position,â€￾ said Captain Bular. “Hector brings extensive global inflight services experience to US Airways, and has been a part of both start-up and established airline cultures. He began his career as a line flight attendant and this experience, coupled with his diverse background, will provide excellent leadership for our amazing flight attendant team.â€￾

Adler most recently served as senior vice president, Guest Experience for the former Eos Airlines where he was responsible for the onboard and airport experience. Prior to this Adler was vice president, InFlight Services for Northwest Airlines where he was responsible for onboard service operations, including catering services and product development, and where he had direct line management of more than 10,000 flight attendants. Before that Adler worked for United Airlines as a director of International InFlight Services. Prior to his work at United, Adler was vice president of InFlight and Dining Services at Pan American World Airways, responsible for all cabin service operations, including catering services in the U.S., Europe, Africa and South America. He started his career as a flight attendant with American Airlines and held a variety of positions with the carrier over a 15-year period, the last being regional manager of International Flight Service.

Adler earned a Master of Arts in Literature from New York University and a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts from City University of New York. He is fluent in Spanish and Italian and conversational in French and Portuguese.

I met him when I interviewed for EOS a few years back. The man is pure CLASS. I didn't really like the hiring process at EOS because it was based a lot on looking like a supermodel vs being capable of doing the job. That airline had some of the hottest FA's I had ever seen. As long as those days are behind him, I'm cool with him.

He'll definitley bring some much needed class to this airline. I look forward to all the amazing things he'll do. This is the guy that sent the EOS FA's to the culinary institute to learn how to do service and plating. OMG! I'm about to explode with excitement for all the new potential awesomeness this guy is about to bring to US.

Dougie and company finally did something right!!

He sounds like a positive addition. We'll see how he handles life here at US. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

I have had the pleasure of meeting him once, he is purely a classical guy...Definitely what US Airways needs to improve the InFlight product without cheapening the experience so it's possible to be cost neutral while revamping and improving the product...

Now all Tempe has to do is keep the revolving door spinning.

I thought Kingsley was to be the "obvious" choice....very interesting. This may be the year for change in inflight......a very positive move in the right direction. Good job Tempe. :up:

...the hiring process at EOS because it was based a lot on looking like a supermodel vs being capable of doing the job. That airline had some of the hottest FA's I had ever seen. As long as those days are behind him, I'm cool with him.

LOL! :lol:

He's working at USAirways nows. Does he have a choice about not having the "hottest FA's" you have ever seen?

(I'm certainly not excluding myself from that indictment of "less than gracious" aging, either.)

I am never one to hold back when something management does ticks me off. On the other hand I have NO problem with saying THANK YOU on a job well done. I really do believe that Tempe is starting to reallize that it's about more than just getting someone from point A to B. It's a big part of it but your customer enjoying their trip is a big part as well. The guy has a great track record and is known as pure class. I'm sensing a positive step in the right direction. Great Job and fantastic choice. Ok first things first. Can we get the party cup out of first class please? :up:

I am never one to hold back when something management does ticks me off. On the other hand I have NO problem with saying THANK YOU on a job well done. I really do believe that Tempe is starting to reallize that it's about more than just getting someone from point A to B. It's a big part of it but your customer enjoying their trip is a big part as well. The guy has a great track record and is known as pure class. I'm sensing a positive step in the right direction. Great Job and fantastic choice. Ok first things first. Can we get the party cup out of first class please? :up:

Looks like a positive move!

:up:

Dude...the party cup is as good as gone. He took the inflght dining experence at EOS to the next level, if the economy was better I'm sure EOS would still be around. Their prduct was simply amazing. The party cup is history. Can you imagine actually giving our customers real first class service? Can you imagine being proud of the service and product we offer? I don't know about you but I can't wait to see what he brings to the table.

I just hope that he's allowed to show his talent and isn't tied down that much. Cost neutral doesn't have to always look CHEAP. That has been the biggest problem. Create a revamped product, stick to it and make sure that it's well thought out BEFORE you throw it out there. No more Elvis on the airplane k? :lol:

When our new VP brings back real First Class that competes with the majors while charging the same price, I will give him kudos. When I am no longer embarrassed to work FC, I will sing his praises. Actions speaker louder than words or a resume'.