Jane Allen quit or sent packing?

http://www.united.com/press/detail/0,6862,53970-1,00.html

It appears that she has experience in labor relations--one part of the Human Resources body of knowledge. There's a lot more needed in order to be in charge of the entire department. I noticed that the press release doesn't even include employee training and development--a key function of HR as part of the responsibilities.

Oh well, it's an example of another company not understanding the Human Resources profession. Good luck to you all.

Well gee, thanks.

We only hired her after AA did. Does that make them a crappy company too? (I find it amazing that they have screwed the TWA people so amazingly but you all look at UAL as the bad guy.....you must have voted for Bush too)

fyi - I think UAL hired her for her good looks. So don't be jealous.

Well gee, thanks.

We only hired her after AA did. Does that make them a crappy company too? (I find it amazing that they have screwed the TWA people so amazingly but you all look at UAL as the bad guy.....you must have voted for Bush too)

I love your sense of humor FLY. Does anyone actually admit to voting for Bush anymore?

Well gee, thanks.

You can't be talking to me! So, who are you talking to???? Are you hearing voices??!!!!!!!

If you are talking to me, remember she was not hired as the SVP of HR at AA. It's UA that has decided to promote her beyond her training and credentials obviously due to internal politics.

HRDiva

Hold on,,,,earlier, you claimed that Jane's new job :

".... shows your company knows nothing about the importance of legal compliance, human capital value issues, compensation, benefits, risk management, training, labor relations and development, etc."

She is an attorney - knows quite a lot about legal compliance and rick management. She was managing director of Compensation and Benefits and the VP of Employee Relations at AA, also chief Labor negotiator. She has been a major contributor to what was called the Employee Council at UA for the past 3 years, setting employee policy, metrics and reward systems. This followed 17 years at AA where she was very involved in people value issues during the several years she had leadership roles in the HR department. She had oversight for training of more than 20,00 F/As at AA and 16,000 at UA, domiciled around the world.

I think any company would be hard-pressed to find ANYONE who met the qualifications you stipulated as the most important for the Sr VP HR job any better than Jane does.

Hold on,,,,earlier, you claimed that Jane's new job :

".... shows your company knows nothing about the importance of legal compliance, human capital value issues, compensation, benefits, risk management, training, labor relations and development, etc."

She is an attorney - knows quite a lot about legal compliance and rick management. She was managing director of Compensation and Benefits and the VP of Employee Relations at AA, also chief Labor negotiator. She has been a major contributor to what was called the Employee Council at UA for the past 3 years, setting employee policy, metrics and reward systems. This followed 17 years at AA where she was very involved in people value issues during the several years she had leadership roles in the HR department. She had oversight for training of more than 20,00 F/As at AA and 16,000 at UA, domiciled around the world.

I think any company would be hard-pressed to find ANYONE who met the qualifications you stipulated as the most important for the Sr VP HR job any better than Jane does.

Thanks for the clarification. No where did it say she was an attorney--although that has little to do with HR management and "rick management". It has been my experience that most attorneys who attained this level in the past (not the present--those of us who attained the JD after being in HR are a different breed) are not true HR leaders.

Again, I only wish you well.

HRDiva

Yes, if that is truly how you perform at work, then you are most certainly a 'different breed' in a very real sense. Keep up the work.

****the sticking point sometimes occur when the people in the department believe they really are something special but those around them are quite aware that this is truly not the case. (watch THE OFFICE on Thursdays, that sums it up)