Jimmy Little is not running for International President

I enjoy participating in this forum, I travel on AA for work and am interested in the industry. I missed my calling to work for the airlines. This is not a restricted forum, there are plenty of other posters on here who have never worked in the industry.

Josh
Missed your calling? You should be thankful you never did go to work in this industry.

At least now we get a guy who has a last name ending a vowel, that should scare management.
Well don't know if the vowel will do it but a few years back during our stalled negotiations I had written an E-mail to Little requesting that he remove Videtich, who was doing all he could to get us to settle for a crappy deal, or kick the can down the road till we were ready to accept one, instead of taking the process forward. I asked for Lombardo because he was the only person in the International that had ever actually lead a strike. I figured if the TWU put someone who has proven that he will pull the trigger it would send a much different message than they were getting from Videtich who would tell us not to Cherry pick but stay silent as the company did it. Lombardo lead his guys on strike against stuff we freely gave away such as part timers, work rule changes, paying for benefits etc. Little never responded to my suggestion. So now instead of Little replacing Videtich with Lombardo, Lombardo will hopefully replace Little and hopefully Videtich will follow Little.

Reactions: 2 people
Lombardo is better? Sounds like if he were in charge and you started being "scrappy" he would take you out.

http://articles.philly.com/2001-01-12/news/25309506_1_trusteeship-septa-executive-board

Steve Brookens, the scrappy union leader who led SEPTA workers on a 40-day strike that crippled the city transit system in 1998, is out as boss of Transport Workers Local 234.

On the eve of new SEPTA labor negotiations, Harry Lombardo, an international union representative and former local president, is in.

That's the bottom line from a ruling issued yesterday by U.S. District Judge Louis C. Bechtle in Philadelphia.

The judge said there was "more than an adequate basis to conclude. . .that political factionalism, subversion of democracy and financial malpractice were deeply entrenched, protected practices" of the Brookens' regime.

Well don't know if the vowel will do it but a few years back during our stalled negotiations I had written an E-mail to Little requesting that he remove Videtich, who was doing all he could to get us to settle for a crappy deal, or kick the can down the road till we were ready to accept one, instead of taking the process forward. I asked for Lombardo because he was the only person in the International that had ever actually lead a strike. I figured if the TWU put someone who has proven that he will pull the trigger it would send a much different message than they were getting from Videtich who would tell us not to Cherry pick but stay silent as the company did it. Lombardo lead his guys on strike against stuff we freely gave away such as part timers, work rule changes, paying for benefits etc. Little never responded to my suggestion. So now instead of Little replacing Videtich with Lombardo, Lombardo will hopefully replace Little and hopefully Videtich will follow Little.
Sounds like Lombardo doesn't go for your type Bob.

"The judge said there was "more than an adequate basis to conclude. . .that political factionalism, subversion of democracy and financial malpractice were deeply entrenched, protected practices" of the Brookens' regime."

Sounds like Lombardo doesn't go for your type Bob.

"The judge said there was "more than an adequate basis to conclude. . .that political factionalism, subversion of democracy and financial malpractice were deeply entrenched, protected practices" of the Brookens' regime."
Forget Brookens' regime, this describes the TWU as a whole.

The AMT's are done with the TWU,

With comments like,"you have options", "there's no fence between here and united" the comments you here from the old time TWU guard, the difference is we get paid by AA to work on airplanes, we PAY the TWU to represent us, we don't PAY the TWU for the privilege to work at AA!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Lombardo is better? Sounds like if he were in charge and you started being "scrappy" he would take you out.

http://articles.philly.com/2001-01-12/news/25309506_1_trusteeship-septa-executive-board

Steve Brookens, the scrappy union leader who led SEPTA workers on a 40-day strike that crippled the city transit system in 1998, is out as boss of Transport Workers Local 234.

On the eve of new SEPTA labor negotiations, Harry Lombardo, an international union representative and former local president, is in.

That's the bottom line from a ruling issued yesterday by U.S. District Judge Louis C. Bechtle in Philadelphia.

The judge said there was "more than an adequate basis to conclude. . .that political factionalism, subversion of democracy and financial malpractice were deeply entrenched, protected practices" of the Brookens' regime.

So now I'm "scrappy"? Thanks. Time will tell. Looking forward to a new regime thats no longer run by AMR.

Could it be a last ditch effort for the twu from being tossed out?
Not likely. TWU has 120, 000 members and within a few years AA mechanics will number under 7000. We simply arent big enough. Does the change at the top guarantee that mechanics will see the changes we want? NO.

Latest posts