July - IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you that obtuse?

How many times does it have to be explained to you?

I guess 9/11, SARS, fuel prices and bankruptcy have had no effect on the airline industry?

Many non-union carriers went of business because of this.

And corporate America has used chapter 11 bankruptcy to lower wages and benefits.

Stop being a wind up artist and use your brain to comprehend what has happened.

And they lost the at DL and CO, won at UA.

Every union and non-union employees have taken concessions at financially distressed carriers.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Reactions: 2 people
Every union and non-union employees have taken concessions at financially distressed carriers.

Interesting, so you now agree management partook in concessions. Many on the AA forum don't believe management did but I'm glad you do.

Josh

DId I say management?

Nope, non-union meaning rank and file workers who werent in a union.

All of DL's employees who are non-union except for the pilots and dispatchers took concessions, and had no choice, gate agents, ramp, flight attendants, mechanics, rank and file.

Dont put words in my posts.

Reactions: 1 person
DId I say management?

Nope, non-union meaning rank and file workers who werent in a union.

All of DL's employees who are non-union except for the pilots and dispatchers took concessions, and had no choice, gate agents, ramp, flight attendants, mechanics, rank and file.

Dont put words in my posts.

Technically speaking management are employees too and did share in the pain of concessions, paycuts, and layoffs. Don't let the facts get in the way!

Josj

Once again, where did I mention management?

Never did, so once again your deflecting and changing the issue at hand.

Jester,

Why are you making things up again? When you pointed out about the lack of education I proved you wrong, so here we go again!

R. Thomas Buffenbarger has a degree from the National Labor College.

Robert Roach earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Labor and Management Relations at the Empire State Labor College and is a graduate of the Labor Studies program at the Cornell School of Labor. Was the GVP of Transportation and now is GST

And the men who are on the EC have years of labor experience.

I will take people who have the job and street smarts over someone who has no idea about what they are negotiating about. And the IAM uses professional actuaries, financial people and lawyers during negotiations.

Read their bios and they have more labor experience than any professional negotiator who has no idea of the history and the intent of the contract language.

http://www.goiam.org...ecutive-council
Now this is a real fact.............. I pay around 720.00 per year in UNION dues and receive a .40 cent an hour raise, I'm really gone forward. The raise we received Monday was 18 months in the making. The only real protection is that, I am not an employee at will. The only US employees that are making it are the one's in Delaney's fold. US has made profits in the past years and claim they are on track for future profits. Maybe the boys at DL have it going on, being non union. The IAM is lcking any kind of leverage against US, our pay scale barely moves but the due keep increasing.

Now this is a real fact.............. I pay around 720.00 per year in UNION dues and receive a .40 cent an hour raise, I'm really gone forward. The raise we received Monday was 18 months in the making. The only real protection is that, I am not an employee at will. The only US employees that are making it are the one's in Delaney's fold. US has made profits in the past years and claim they are on track for future profits. Maybe the boys at DL have it going on, being non union. The IAM is lcking any kind of leverage against US, our pay scale barely moves but the due keep increasing.
I could not have said it any better. Unfortunately, the IAM agreed with management on the initiative to restrict participation in the profit sharing plan for fleet service workers. Every work group on the property has profit sharing except YOU.

The reason is that the IAM pension was wobbling and the qui pro quo was that the IAM would 'look the other way' and eliminate the profit sharing plan and the lucrative 401k plan in return.

Many of our members didn't read the plans and made me the devil when I informed the members back in 2003 that the IAM pension was a fraud that could and most likely would be looted by the IAM pension trustees. It was a 41 million concession but the IAM sold it to ignorant members as a benefit. Disturbing indeed.

Although the TWU is a very soft union, perhaps one of the only benefits of going TWU is that our members will finally get rid of the IAM pension. Unfortunately, the fleet group was the only group that was stuck with a 'not so defined' Defined benefit plan.

regards,

Please show us at the time you went into the IAM Pension that it money problems?

You cant because it doesnt, it has over $8.4 billion in assets and is the 6th largest multi-employer plan in the US.

Please show us at the time you went into the IAM Pension that it money problems?

You cant because it doesnt, it has over $8.4 billion in assets and is the 6th largest multi-employer plan in the US.
OK, if they are so solvent, then why at the end of 2013 or before if there is a contract ratification the per monthly multiplyer is being reduced from 84.00 to 47.00.
I may be of a buck or two on these numbers and the amount US contributes is not being reduced. ANSWER ME THAT YOU KNOW IT ALL QUACK.

Reactions: 3 people
OK, if they are so solvent, then why at the end of 2013 or before if there is a contract ratification the per monthly multiplyer is being reduced from 84.00 to 47.00.
I may be of a buck or two on these numbers and the amount US contributes is not being reduced. ANSWER ME THAT YOU KNOW IT ALL QUACK.
When you are affected it's not funny......................

The IAM National Pension Fund has requested a waiver for funding the Plan to 100%. This waiver is a result of the negative effect the stock market has had on the overall value of the Pension Plan; it is not caused by any failure to make the contractually required monthly contributions. The value of all IAM Plans has rebounded faster than the stock
market in general, but the waiver was necessary and required by ERISA.

We are very sensitive to any shortfall in pension plans and have followed up with our International Union to make sure the pension plans of Members are safe. We have been assured that our plans are not the subject of concern for pension regulators. We will continue to monitor this situation and report to our members as more information becomes available.

700, it has had problems but addresses its problems by slashing 'defined benefits'. It is a ponzie scheme as the IAM continues to lose members and retirees continue to expect their full pension benefits. In fact, the IAM lost another 20 thousand members in 2011 and is now down to under 350,000. Problem is that it has 147,000 retirees so something has gotta give.

In 2003, it froze any future members from being placed on the "A' scale and created a new "B" scale. Sorta how management did in the airlines with the B scale.

Then in 2011, after the terrible loss at Delta on December 10, it sent a letter out on December 13 immediately eliminating all "A" participants effective Janaury 1, 2014. The reason given by letter was that the pension fund had no other choice if it wanted to continue provding benefits to those who are now collecting.

It's a ponzie scheme. Either it has to have more participants paying into the plan to fund the retirees or it has to slash the retiree benefits. The problem is further complicated in that the continual loss of membership means another cut may be on the way as the retirees also continue to build. That would be the third cut in 15 years if it is announced.

However, even if the IAM pension trustees choose not to steal more from its members, the benefit in place in 2014 is a true farce with only a $48 per month level. RU F Kiddn me???? Sorry, but one thing history has taught us is that unions steal money from its members pension accounts. Some do so illegally like the IBT did, and some like the IAM just pull a 'Robin Hood Reversed" and send you a letter telling you 'sorry'. Never mind if a member wants to take care of his wife. The spusal offset whacks the plan even more. Crumbs for me!

IAM pension Plan GO HOME!

regards!

I could not have said it any better. Unfortunately, the IAM agreed with management on the initiative to restrict participation in the profit sharing plan for fleet service workers. Every work group on the property has profit sharing except YOU.

The reason is that the IAM pension was wobbling and the qui pro quo was that the IAM would 'look the other way' and eliminate the profit sharing plan and the lucrative 401k plan in return.

Many of our members didn't read the plans and made me the devil when I informed the members back in 2003 that the IAM pension was a fraud that could and most likely would be looted by the IAM pension trustees. It was a 41 million concession but the IAM sold it to ignorant members as a benefit. Disturbing indeed.

Although the TWU is a very soft union, perhaps one of the only benefits of going TWU is that our members will finally get rid of the IAM pension. Unfortunately, the fleet group was the only group that was stuck with a 'not so defined' Defined benefit plan.

regards,
A fraud? and would be "looted"? No wonder they didn't listen to you. How much listening did you do to them?

The IAM National Pension Fund has requested a waiver for funding the Plan to 100%. This waiver is a result of the negative effect the stock market has had on the overall value of the Pension Plan; it is not caused by any failure to make the contractually required monthly contributions. The value of all IAM Plans has rebounded faster than the stock
market in general, but the waiver was necessary and required by ERISA.

We are very sensitive to any shortfall in pension plans and have followed up with our International Union to make sure the pension plans of Members are safe. We have been assured that our plans are not the subject of concern for pension regulators. We will continue to monitor this situation and report to our members as more information becomes available.
We are loosing nearly 50 percent of our monthly multiplier and this is all you got. They've screwed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.