Jumpset Hospitality

Thanks for the info. I knew that I had seen some non-AA pilots jumpseating on us just in the time I've been back, and when my friend said what he did it really surprised me. One more question...what does CASS stand for? Thanks in advance.

Barely Related :D

Can all you jumpseat folks just leave your bags in the jetway when checking in w/the Cockpit??? I'm always moving your bag(s) out of the way of boarding pax. What's up with that?? :blink:

Thankyouverymuch!!

emily said:
Can you give us a specific example?
[post="257472"][/post]​

I clearly stated that it was my GUESS. That means a supposition or assumption on my part based on the nature of the poster's response. He/she said, "Many, if not most of us know the great benefits of ALPA. That's why we are working for B6 now."

Sounds to me like the B6 pilot already had some experience with an ALPA-controlled airline. I don't know of any senior pilots at any of those airlines who has given up seniority and pay to go to work for B6; so, I GUESSED that he might be furloughed from an ALPA airline.

If someone states something as FACT, you have every right to ask for specific examples, but when the person GUESSES that something MIGHT be true...

"I don't know of any senior pilots at any of those airlines who has given up seniority and pay to go to work for B6"

There are some of those from UAL, U etc.

Dizel8 said:
"I don't know of any senior pilots at any of those airlines who has given up seniority and pay to go to work for B6"

[post="257487"][/post]​

You know of senior pilots who left UAL and U or are you talking about junior pilots who were furloughed?

Dizel8 said:

[post="257487"][/post]​

I know of two DAL pilots that took their lump sums early and are now working for Jetblue. I know of few guys at U that resigned early because they could make more money working freight contract for JAL. Whatever the scenerio most pilots working for 'distressed' carriers are looking at ALL options. Who can blame them?

EyeInTheSky said:
I know of two DAL pilots that took their lump sums early and are now working for Jetblue.  I know of few guys at U that resigned early because they could make more money working freight contract for JAL.    Whatever the scenerio most pilots working for 'distressed' carriers are looking at ALL options.  Who can blame them?
[post="257502"][/post]​

There's a difference between taking early retirement and going to work for someone else, and resigning from a position with union seniority to start over somewhere else.

Sorry, but I doubt seriously that any senior pilots at UAL, U, DAL, or AA just quit before at least early retirement age to go to work for JetBlue. That would have been a substantial cut in pay, benefits and work rules. Other airlines, such as JAL, that pay more are outside the scope of the conversation.

Now, if I were eligible to take early retirement--annuity or lump sum--and I was fed up with the current situation, that's a different kettle of fish.

There are some pilots at jetblue from UAL and U , plus a few other majors, that came on their own volition. They were not furloughed nor did they take early retirement, they simply chose to join the "dark side".

Dizel8 said:
There are some pilots at jetblue from UAL and U , plus a few other majors, that came on their own volition. They were not furloughed nor did they take early retirement, they simply chose to join the "dark side".
[post="257513"][/post]​

I would still want to know where they stood on the seniority list at UAL or other major. Someone who had less than 10 years and could see that sooner or later they would be furloughed might jump before it happened. But, again I was guessing what B6Busdriver meant. You stated as fact that pilots had left UAL and U to join B6. I'm not disputing that as fact. What I am asking and you are not answering is whether these were senior pilots or not. I'm GUESSING not.

Well, considering that 16 years at U is not enough, then certainly ten years is nothing.............

As for their relative seniority, I do not know. All I can tell you, is that some of the one I have met were not in "danger" of being furloughed, unless the company they were working for went under. Sorry, I do not have their hire dates nor relative seniority at their old carrier.

As for senior UAL 777 Captains jumping ship to jetblue, I know of none!

Does that answer your question?

jimntx said:
My guess is that a lot of the JetBlue pilots are furloughees from other airlines that the union threw overboard to save senior jobs and pay.
[post="257421"][/post]​

Precisely! Thank you for answering the question.

I personally know of at least one relatively senior Captain at UAL who left to go to JetBlue. This person had about (taking an educated guess) 14 or 15 years with the company when the Captain left.

Latest posts