Jumpset Hospitality

ualdriver said:
I personally know of at least one relatively senior Captain at UAL who left to go to JetBlue. This person had about (taking an educated guess) 14 or 15 years with the company when the Captain left.
[post="257602"][/post]​

If you are talking about the sled driver, from what I have heard most of that pilots abilities were non-aviation related.

Jumped ship to take a management position at Jetblue, and were better off.

"Jumped ship to take a management position at Jetblue, and were better off."

Anything else you can tell us??

ualdriver said:
I personally know of at least one relatively senior Captain at UAL who left to go to JetBlue. This person had about (taking an educated guess) 14 or 15 years with the company when the Captain left.
[post="257602"][/post]​

Well, but as Dizel8 pointed out, in this day and age almost anything less than 20 years could be considered junior for a pilot.

I can now say that certain F/A's at Spirit need to get the chip off of thier shoulder as well. I was just thrown off of their flight because I was with AA and told in a very nasty tone " We dont have any agreements with you so you are not welcome on our flight ". This was done at the end of the jet bridge and the agents who gave me the ticket were in shock. Things are really getting nasty out there!

Flyboy4u said:
I can now say that certain F/A's at Spirit need to get the chip off of thier shoulder as well.  I was just thrown off of their flight because I was with AA and told in a very nasty tone " We dont have any agreements with you so you are not welcome on our flight ".  This was done at the end of the jet bridge and the agents who gave me the ticket were in shock.  Things are really getting nasty out there!
[post="257887"][/post]​

Hmmmmm....

Flyboy4u said:
I can now say that certain F/A's at Spirit need to get the chip off of thier shoulder as well. I was just thrown off of their flight because I was with AA and told in a very nasty tone " We dont have any agreements with you so you are not welcome on our flight ". This was done at the end of the jet bridge and the agents who gave me the ticket were in shock. Things are really getting nasty out there!
[post="257887"][/post]​

This may also be because an AA commute might be easier for them, and AA is noted for not allowing f/as from other airlines to jumpseat on us. Hell, they just recently allowed AE flight attendants to jumpseat on AA; and, that's only if no AA f/a wants the jumpseat.

darkclouds said:
If you are talking about the sled driver, from what I have heard most of that pilots abilities were non-aviation related.

Jumped ship to take a management position at Jetblue, and were better off.
[post="257622"][/post]​

Darkclouds,

What a childish silly worthless maligning posting you've made. She is a world class athlete, a fantastic public spokesperson, a good sports commentator, a USC grad, and a mentor to young women like my daughter.

As far as pilots abilities, if you pass a PC in a Part 121 operation, that says it all. And we are not better off. This pilot group has lost a class individual who stood on principle. We can all, including YOU learn from her. Shame on you.

DENVER, CO

I feel as a company, during these dire times, we all need to work together. I witnessed a jump seat incident first hand. On our daily 2 hour commute to SFO, one of the passengers invited a United management person to ride along, due to we had a empty seat for a week. The driver was unaware of this change. We are at the pick up point, and here comes this management person, he jumps into the back seat giving everyone a greeting. The driver looks back, and said, "you are management, you cannot ride in here", the management person explained it is only for a week......, he drove himself to work that week.

ua767fo said:
Darkclouds,

What a childish silly worthless maligning posting you've made. She is a world class athlete, a fantastic public spokesperson, a good sports commentator, a USC grad, and a mentor to young women like my daughter.

As far as pilots abilities, if you pass a PC in a Part 121 operation, that says it all. And we are not better off. This pilot group has lost a class individual who stood on principle. We can all, including YOU learn from her. Shame on you.

DENVER, CO
[post="258429"][/post]​

UA767fo,

I agree....and she was (and still is) a mentor to the male species as well. She was a very good public image of whats right with a United pilot.

DC

ua767fo said:
Darkclouds,

DENVER, CO
[post="258429"][/post]​

Sorry if you don't agree with me, sounds like the pilot is a personal friend and good on you for defending a friend.

I tried to be vague in my description so it would be difficult to identify the person, as I never provided much detail including the sex. So I don't think I have maligned anyone. You on the other hand have provided a bibliography of who you believe it is.

Like I said she has great abilities, but from what I have heard it doesn't include all area's of aviation. Just because you think passing a PC means you have great piloting skills is incorrect. If my post implied she was a bad pilot I apologize. She is obviously a gifted person in many ways. But what great things did she do for the pilot group here?

And speaking of principle, she got hired over there because of her PR factor.
I don't believe, based on hearsay, she was treated as a normal pilot applicant. When she left I heard she said she was just going to be an F.O, no ambitions, no special deals. Of course she wasn't even off probation before she was given a high management job.

She did what was best for her. She jumped ship for a competitor and a sweetheart deal.

So please tell me about the principles I need to learn. I just happen to think most pilots who end up in management positions are better at politics than flying.

Care to take a poll?

ua767fo said:
As far as pilots abilities, if you pass a PC in a Part 121 operation, that says it all.  And we are not better off.  This pilot group has lost a class individual who stood on principle.  We can all, including YOU learn from her.  Shame on you.

DENVER, CO
[post="258429"][/post]​

Not commenting on the individual in question, BUT, Meryl Getline and Vaughn Cordel passed PC's also. PC's are a joke. :rolleyes:
Maybe that's the reason we now see our pay going through the floor, some monkey that can simply pass a PC is considered a "good pilot"

I don't believe, based on hearsay, she was treated as a normal pilot applicant. When she left I heard she said she was just going to be an F.O, no ambitions, no special deals. Of course she wasn't even off probation before she was given a high management job.

Care to elaborate? There were many defenders when a certain former employee was"kicked off" the union website, if your info is correct, then it was apparently the appropriate call.

Busdrvr said:

Care to elaborate? There were many defenders when a certain former employee was"kicked off" the union website, if your info is correct, then it was apparently the appropriate call.
[post="259450"][/post]​

Busdrvr,

I don't want to elaborate to much because I don't have first hand info. I will say from the grapevine she basically interviewed them. Higher than normal levels of discussions for a pilot applicant. She was hired away I think, because she wasn't happy here, and they made certain promises.

I was also against her remaining on the UAL forum. The idea that a pilot working for a competitor could still use our website because they are "retired" was bs.

We don't have UAL management posting on our forum, why should a JetBlue management pilot be posting!

She would have stayed on the forum if we had let her and she didn't have enough sense to realize what a conflict of interest it was.

Latest posts