Just the Facts, Learn the Truth

Actually the majority of the members under the TWU umbrella understands fully the delima at AA and has repeatedly decided to stay with the TWU by not signing representation cards, whether it be IBT,Amfa,IAM or any other Association/Union.

How many attempts has their been in the last 30 Years?

In Solidarity,

CIO

See ya on the floor!!! AMFA's coming.

Reactions: 5 people
Then why schedule an emergency anti-amfa anti-ibt school for this Friday?

This anti=AMFA training meeting is suppose to be a secret. Our local VP Matt Lorenzie is the one pushing this along with the another flunky by the name of Rusty Nelson. From what I am hearing the company is providing A-12 passes for anybody that wants to attend. So much for the company being neutral.

This anti=AMFA training meeting is suppose to be a secret. Our local VP Matt Lorenzie is the one pushing this along with the another flunky by the name of Rusty Nelson. From what I am hearing the company is providing A-12 passes for anybody that wants to attend. So much for the company being neutral.
Maybe they will get a secret unannounced visit.

Friday will be very interesting. Heard that Team videtich will be there also. This should make for a landslide vote for local 591 due to the fact that the majority of the line mechanics can't stand the twu and phat Don otherwise known as Jabba the gut.

Reactions: 2 people
Friday will be very interesting. Heard that Team videtich will be there also. This should make for a landslide vote for local 591 due to the fact that the majority of the line mechanics can't stand the twu and phat Don otherwise known as Jabba the gut.
Maybe he is here to Father another child with a Local 514 Staff Assistant?

Maybe he is here to Father another child with a Local 514 Staff Assistant?

Well there is at least one 514 staff assisant that has thrown her marriage out the window due having an itch to scratch. So he might have one willing participant. Either that or Soldevere is going to try and follow in his daddy footsteps. Afterall they did work closely together at local 565.

If this is true someone needs to document this and notify the NMB. Not positive that anything can be done, but at least it will show the NMB that AA will do anything to keep the company union TWU in place. I also think it is against regulations for AA to assist by giving A-12 passes and/or even paying anyone their wages while attending. I can hear the speech now: Anomaly, CIO, Overspeed, Realityck, " you guys are doing a great job on the internet forums for us" "keep up the good work" "Just remember to lie, lie, lie and confuse, confuse, confuse, and repeat, repeat, repeat untill someone believes what you are posting.

Reactions: 4 people
Actually, I think it's a good idea to educate Union members on a regularly basis, Where is Amfa's? I know the TWU trains at the locals all the time . IAM has one in Maryland. AFL-CIO has many courses to offer. Education is golden!!!

Secret? Give me a break,

In Solidarity,

CIO

Actually, I think it's a good idea to educate Union members on a regularly basis, Where is Amfa's? I know the TWU trains at the locals all the time . IAM has one in Maryland. AFL-CIO has many courses to offer. Education is golden!!!

Secret? Give me a break,

In Solidarity,

CIO

Education is great? Isn't that what Jimmy Little was saying before he was caught with a degree from a "diploma mill"? Gotta love it.

Reactions: 4 people
Actually the majority of the members under the TWU umbrella understands fully the delima at AA and has repeatedly decided to stay with the TWU by not signing representation cards, whether it be IBT,Amfa,IAM or any other Association/Union.

How many attempts has their been in the last 30 Years?

In Solidarity,

CIO

Hey Kevin,

"twu umbrella"? No thanks. With your umbrella the twu is pissing on my craft and profession's leg and trying to tell us it's raining.

I would much rather be under AMFA's roof.

By the way, I can see you with a twu umbrella... it is yellow and covers your face.

Union representation? Sure, I'll take AMFA because your union, the twu, has proven that it knows nothing about representing the membership but it can take care of those willing to sell their souls for a few pieces of silver.

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 1 person
SWA does not have ETOPS operations nor do they have any wide-bodies. Both of those factors drive up headcount. Maybe you should compare headcount to RPMs or ASMs produced for a fairer comparison.

Show us an arbitration award that said that new airplanes we never worked before do fall under the agreement . I recall when we had the two 747SP s we sent them to TWA for heavy Maint.

I believe the only restriction on new work under the old contract language is that they give the union the ability to try and make the case that they can do the work cheaper in house, (Baker Letter). Under the new agreement they can outsource 35% of the work, even work we traditionally did in house. You are trying to make it sound like the new language is more restrictive than the old language, but in reality System protection was the most restrictive part of our old contract even though attrition would constantly erode that protection between contracts.

Exceptions are not needed, restrictions are. Show us where it says that new type aircraft fall under "work covered under this agreement". The fact is, as told to me by Art Luby, (who is still alive) that system protection keeps the work in house because if they have to keep the workers they have to have something for them to do. As along as you only agree to short contracts and keep rolling the date up you have job protection and isn't that what scope is for?

This contract allows the company to outsource 35% of the spend that used to be done by us, eliminating system protection allows them to get rid of as many workers as they want. According to the International, by 2017 there will be fewer than 8000 mechanics left. That's not just Aircraft Mechanics, that includes Title II and possibly Stores. The international said in their response on 591 that the consolidation was needed because the membership was going from 12000 to less than 8000. So with the new language they expect to lose 4000 jobs. As new planes come in the jobs go away. Where do you think those jobs will come from? Line Maint will not see as much if any impact. They may even see an increase in headcount , pretty much all the 4000 will come from reductions in OH and those jobs will likely never come back. In 2017 when we are still at the bottom of the industry in total compensation how do you think the workers who remain will vote? Do you think they will vote to remain at the bottom of the industry so when the new aircraft start to come due for heavy checks AA can go out and hire people to do that work?

The fact is that with the huge old MD80 fleet, new aircraft years away and a shortage of capacity for NB OH we had the company, but instead of squeezing them we gave away the store and acted like they had us. They got everything they wanted. Who do you think came up with the 35% number? The company did and they picked that number, and the language, because it gave them everything they wanted. Ream said it, this deal will put an end to Tulsa and you pushed it.

By the way AA is still trying to hire people in NY. They admit there isn't much out there. They are holding at least 20 EO and SIS guys because they can't afford to let them go. UAL is building a new Hangar in EWR and expects to be adding over 200 mechanics here. Where do you think UAL will be getting those mechanics? AA is competing with not only other carriers but utilities and the MTA for an ever shrinking pool of mechanics.

You really need to ask yourself if you want this person to represent you in Arbitration? If AA should exceed the 35% and a 29D is filed, all AA has to do is present this into evidence along with the other postings he continues to write. I believe Owens is more on AA side.

Remember notes during negotiations and the intent at the time is what wins the cases in front of an arbitrator. It's obvious Owens must have been at Disneyworld at the time these meetings took place during negotiations.

Does Owens really have your best interest at heart?

InSolidarity,

CIO

You really need to ask yourself if you want this person to represent you in Arbitration? If AA should exceed the 35% and a 29D is filed, all AA has to do is present this into evidence along with the other postings he continues to write. I believe Owens is more on AA side.

Remember notes during negotiations and the intent at the time is what wins the cases in front of an arbitrator. It's obvious Owens must have been at Disneyworld at the time these meetings took place during negotiations.

Does Owens really have your best interest at heart?

InSolidarity,

CIO
I for one think everything said is true regarding the outsource limits and how new aircraft has a negative impact on work in-house. You are the only fool I know of living in some dream world. The same thing that happened at Northwest with the AMFA 38% limit and new aircraft is going to happen right here, but you are too damn stubborn, stupid, and ate up with ignorance to even get it. You honestly believe that new aircraft entering the fleet, old aircraft leaving the fleet, and a 35% outsource limit does not mean job decimation in Tulsa? Really? I bet you will see less than 2000 in headcount in Tulsa within the next 4 years. Then you will see the line majority get theirs and the tulsa minority will be lcuky to even survive.

In fact everything that you and the TWU has bashed AMFA with over the years has happened right here at AA and even worse.

Go hot fuel another word chipper! First time you demosntrated your mechanical knowledge and intelligence, maybe the second time it will burn some common sense into your brain.

Reactions: 3 people