LAS vs PHL

NevadaHP

Senior
Aug 15, 2005
Well, Well,

It looks like vegas is going to be the Hicup this year. Good Ole AWA cant hire at 7.50 an hour and the bags are missing like carzy. Last weekend it5 was about a thousand and the last few days alone have been horendous. On the night of the 21st there was about 9 carts of bags left over and the 22nd was not even close I heard about 18 carts of bags. Staffing is the main issue. You cant give a new hire 120 cnx to run and expet them to make it in 30 minutes, local bags are taking 45 minutes to carousel. Our PAX are even saying ever since the merger weve gone down hill. Something needs to be done and done soon!!!!

Phl missed over 300 bags before 9 A.M.Today 12/23.They blame it on TSa,but its really alot more.
That is true, leaving ops today going under the B concorse you could'nt even walk around, down there bags were all backed up going through TSA's machine. Over a150 bags going through 2 machines at a slow rate. Looks all TSA to me this time

Makes me angry when the government screws things up, and the airlines are held responsible for it.

Example...ATC....3 hour delays at PHL and LGA, and it shows up on the "report card" against the airline.

Cause pax bags to miss, and who has to pay the delivery??
Certainly not TSA, the airlines do!

Grrrrrrr :ph34r:

Well, there goes our fifty bucks this month...

Too bad it's happening, but maybe it will be less this year. We're ready in PIT with the baggage carts. :(
Yea, you would think Uncle Al and his cronnies would learn but like the Scarecrow sang "......If I only had a brain!" Well guess what....HE doesn't. Something needs to be done about PHL........this crap never happened in PIT or CLT.

Yea, you would think Uncle Al and his cronnies would learn but like the Scarecrow sang "......If I only had a brain!" Well guess what....HE doesn't. Something needs to be done about PHL........this crap never happened in PIT or CLT.

Absolutely correct. It never happened when PIT was hopping with planes and it doesn't happen with the flights we have now. We have far fewer employees than ever, and we still end up cleaning the mess left behind by PHL. And CLT gets it ten times worse, because the get to unload them from PLANES, too.

While we're at it, doesn't it seem strange that PHL wouldn't have enough TSA agents working to get the bags scanned quickly? Is it not enough agents, not enough machines or has someone got their finger on the button to the fog machine?

Rather difficult putting your finger on the super sophisticated, high tech terror blasting FOG button when most of them have their finger you know where :lol: ........just another way of W-A-S-T-I-N-G Tax dollars! They should have even more idle time now that scissors, corkscrews,boxcutters,machettis and axes will be passed thru the scanner!

Rather difficult putting your finger on the super sophisticated, high tech terror blasting FOG button when most of them have their finger you know where :lol: ........just another way of W-A-S-T-I-N-G Tax dollars! They should have even more idle time now that scissors, corkscrews,boxcutters,machettis and axes will be passed thru the scanner!
TRUE...start a 25.00 fee to check a bag...this will stop the bag issue...pax bring to much crap with them that they will not need in the first place...ship the crap fedx or ups if you want it there...airlines should not be in the moving bussiness...the GIANT bags I have seen the past few days is crazy...I look at them and want to ask if they are moving out of the country

The way I see it, the problem is all the crap people want to haul onboard during the boarding process. Agents are severely overworked w/checking in pax, dealing w/other issues and watching a carry-on avalanche on every flight. F/A's are understaffed at EVERY airline nowadays and there is still LIMITED space onboard the a/c to accomodate ALL pax and ALL carry-ons......something has to change. I FAULT the FAA for allowing all the stuff being brought onboard.....Sizer boxes need to be enforced- NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE, O-N-E Bag ONLY. The current mentality in the executive suites is to nickel and dime the pax for paper tickets/ meals/ headsets & drinks (Int'l) and now AA Eagle will be charging for soft drinks........make Everyones life easier and charge to CARRY-IT-ON!