LATEST USAirways political correctness

Does anyone really think that these apologies are because they chose to out of the goodness of their heart??? The shear ignorance with this whole issue along their blatant disregard for mutual respect and common courtesy has now made the national spotlight and they have no choice but to eat their words with the usual cheeseball lip service. Their Hitler ways that were common practice at AWA are now being met with resistance from all sides. There was a revolt due to their foot-in-mouth messages and the union had to make a stand, that is why the apologies.

Not to mention that; should anyone sue over this, they've established some coloration that might help somewhat in court. = "Gosh!...We didn't really mean what those messages clearly stated!"...and/or "I was really just brushing my teeth when my mouth went off accidentally"

And there is no respect for the American way of life that believes in the equality of all people. This group can hide behind their religious views all they want, but this group..like almost all other religions...are sexist, racist, and homophobic.

No LLC the America way of life believes in the equality of all people UNDER THE LAW … You see in our country , you are STILL free to believe in what you want , to have the views you see fit … You should not fall into the mistake of thinking we are all some generic culture , there are many different cultures within the united states , including the swamis , you see they TOO are Americans (if they have citizenship lol ).
Sorry if I run off on a rant here , but it just always hit’s a nerve when people tell me that we “respect women†in American society , that we treat them as “equals†you know if this were Europe I would believe that , but this isn’t’ and I don’t . I would say that In OUR country we treat our women with disrespect , we hold women to higher standards then the other half of our population and when they don’t measure up we deride them with social stigma . You want to talk about sexism , tell me what do you think is more damaging to women as a whole , a SUPER MINIORITY of men who have taken extreme vows of celibacy or our general media culture that is in an ever so constant way telling women that you must be young , you must be in super physical shape and you must above all else be beautiful ? Our society likes to point the finger at these small groups making them scape goats for much larger problems .Even within our own airlines there is more sexism than you can imagine , do you know what the most frequent topic among most men at us airways is when it comes to flight attendants , why it’s which airlines has the hottest flight attendants .
So don’t tell me that this super majority of men is going to destroy our way of life , and don’t tell me religion is going to be the downfall of all mankind ,If you haven’t noticed there isn’t much respect for women in general in our society , and if things keep accelerating there will be less respect for them as the generations pass and none of that is due to Jesus .

p.s you should cherish the right for people to have their own views and beliefs , cause as soon as that’s out of the way we won’t hesitate to take you over , (roman Catholics comprise 1/7th of the world population :up: ) What i really mean by that is a warning to you , while you don't suggest supressing the rights of this minority group out right you seem to imply that they should be ... you must always remeber that by supressing the rights of one group you supress them all .

p.s you should cherish the right for people to have their own views and beliefs , cause as soon as that’s out of the way we won’t hesitate to take you over , (roman Catholics comprise 1/7th of the world population :up: ) What i really mean by that is a warning to you , while you don't suggest supressing the rights of this minority group out right you seem to imply that they should be ... you must always remeber that by supressing the rights of one group you supress them all .

You had me with you until the majority religion threat. I simply have no respect for religion and to "warn" in anyway affirms my belief in the evils of organized religion. A person can practice whatever religion they want, but don't expect me to bow down to archaic rituals. And while I agree we as a world are far from treating woman with respect and as equals, turning a blind eye to woman's issues wrapped around religion only perpetuates the problem.

I mean the original offending message... did Ms. Shamblin write it?
I like Ms. Shambles better! :lol:
Time for her to go. How someone could approve letter to all fa's that was degrading to her own sex, obviously doesn't have any right being a Director of anything. :shock:

I like Ms. Shambles better! :lol:
Time for her to go. How someone could approve letter to all fa's that was degrading to her own sex, obviously doesn't have any right being a Director of anything. :shock:

WCT she is the VP of inflight, not the director. What's really sad is she's most likely earning close to six figures for her incompetence. I guess the company can't afford to pay someone with some real experience to do the job.

You had me with you until the majority religion threat. I simply have no respect for religion and to "warn" in anyway affirms my belief in the evils of organized religion. A person can practice whatever religion they want, but don't expect me to bow down to archaic rituals. And while I agree we as a world are far from treating woman with respect and as equals, turning a blind eye to woman's issues wrapped around religion only perpetuates the problem.

You hit the nail smack on the head!

I have not read all of the responses so I do not know if this has been addressed, but if the Swamis do not want to hear from women, then how will an emergency evacuation work if there are only female flight attendants onboard? Will they ignore the fas instructions and go to damaged/dangerous exits and possibly block other passengers' exiting who listen to females? :ph34r: Maybe I do not want to be on a plane with a group of people who may respond this way and jeopardize my life in an emergency. Would they push me out of the way thinking that their male life is worth more than my female life?