USAirways flight attendants lose boarding by seniority greviance

FWAAA said:

True, sometimes you're in the air and other employees are on the ground, and they may have an advantage.   But when you aren't in the air, those other employees might be in the air, and thus you have the advantage.   You're not always going to be in the air exactly 24 hours in advance.   

You are joking about that, right?  Pilots and flight attendants spend most of their workday in the air and unable to "take a break" to their smart phone.  Have I missed the part where "those other employees" are in the air?  How much of the typical work day are the mechanics, fleet service, caterers, CSAs, etc. "in the air" where they have no chance of checking in 24 hours in advance?  Your argument is ludicrous.

BusWhisperer said:
US's web checkin does not allow you to print a boarding pass or priority verification like AA's system. It just checks you in and puts you on the list. You have to go to a kiosk or ticket counter to get the actual pass.

I'm LUS and printed a "verification pass" from the TravelUS site yesterday.  After you check in, there is a "button" to print that verification.  Press it.   It doesn't show your place on the list....that's a separate website which is linkedto the window where you check loads and non-revs listed.

WeAAsles said:
If you don't like the seat you were assigned in most cases you can usually ask the agent if they can assign you a different seat if one is available.
True, but wouldn't it be simpler to just let the agent assign the seat to begin with?  I may be wrong, but I think it would take fewer keystrokes on their part than changing an assigned seat.  Most of the agents I've dealt with in non-revving seem to have put forth every effort to see that the seat I got from them was the best available.

nycbusdriver said:

You are joking about that, right?  Pilots and flight attendants spend most of their workday in the air and unable to "take a break" to their smart phone.  Have I missed the part where "those other employees" are in the air?  How much of the typical work day are the mechanics, fleet service, caterers, CSAs, etc. "in the air" where they have no chance of checking in 24 hours in advance?  Your argument is ludicrous.

Spouses and trusted relatives and/or friends work great. Seems the AA pilots and F/A's do just fine. ..

jimntx said:
True, but wouldn't it be simpler to just let the agent assign the seat to begin with?  I may be wrong, but I think it would take fewer keystrokes on their part than changing an assigned seat.  Most of the agents I've dealt with in non-revving seem to have put forth every effort to see that the seat I got from them was the best available.
I haven't flown in awhile so I might not be the best person to comment but I think that the kiosk shows you a list of available seats and you press on the seat you want? It might be that many times if the flight is pretty full that will be the only one you can chose from. No paying passenger wants a middle seat either.

I was referring to when the jetnet check-in app assigns you a seat.  It's almost always in the back of the plane, and often in a middle seat.  Of course, selection at the kiosk (though I haven't been that privileged more than a couple of times) would also take some load off the agents, and I would certainly use that option if offered.

Hope777 said:
Question, I check in 24 hours in advance but can not print a boarding pass.  I go to the airport and use a kiosk to print boarding passes.  Which check in time do I get??  The time I checked in on the computer OR the time I printed boarding passes at the airport??   Thanks 
time of check in.does not matter when you print the boarding pass

AANOTOK said:
Spouses and trusted relatives and/or friends work great. Seems the AA pilots and F/A's do just fine. ..

All the LAAs seem to indicate that giving your login info to anyone is a violation of company policy at AA.  (They seem to have a lot more policies....I guess because they've had so much longer to formulate them.)

Probably okay giving it to a spouse, but others????  "Don't get caught, or else..." says the Legacy AA.

Actually, giving your login info to a spouse is also against the rules.  I know quite a few people who do it, but remember there is Safety/security information on the website that is not supposed to be viewed by anyone other than crewmembers, management, etc by Federal mandate..  Giving someone  your login info is giving them access to that information.  You do whatever you want, but "I didn't think it would hurt anything to let my wife know my login codes" doesn't float with the Feds if it came to that.

I spent over 20 years in the Information Technology field and every major company I worked for and did consulting with had similar computer security policies.  You were not supposed to give your login information to anyone--including a co-worker or manager.  It's for your protection as well.  Remember anyone who has your computer entry codes can also access your email and send out flaming messages to Doug and others, and unfortunately your name would be signed at the bottom.  Not judgin'.  Just sayin'.

Thanks!

But, as far as I know, I have never violated company policy...Corporate!  B)

pjirish317 said:
Yes it does.

Article 7A, provides for D.O.H. boarding for NRSA travel, and Article 28D ensure's that we get the same travel privelages as everybody else.
One down two more grievances to go

Sad thing...no one on here seems to be a lawyer and that's what it comes down to... All grievances will more than likely be lost...as I stated months ago....and life will move on! I actually have heard very little complaints about the new system other than the first day or so...