Launch: Unveiled first US Airways new Embraer 190

I highly doubt they would go for the 195. It would constitute placing a third f/a on it. They carefully planned the configuration for the 190 to 99 passengers. The 101st passenger means a third since it's one f/a for every 50 passengers. It would be nice though.

I would bet to replace the 100 737s it would be 30 or so 195s and the rest A319/20.

Yes the plane makes money on mainline because for one, the pilots are being paid nothing (less than the outsourcing company Republic I believe), and most F/As make sh*t anyway... and all of the revenue stays in-house. On the other hand with the 170 and 175 being outsourced means we pay all of the outsourcing companys costs plus provide them with a profit. It costs more for the company to have someone else operate them, but the company sees this as saving money indirectly because it keeps the mainline and its unions smaller, plus it can pit the contract companies against each other for the business to see who'll do it for next to nothing (Republic wins every time- they are the India or Mexico of the regional airline industry and will underbid anyone and fly any size aircraft for cheap).

Operationally of course it makes more sense to keep the single E fleet type at the airline instead of having a quarter of it at the airline and the rest outsourced. The E170/175/190/195 is the same aircraft the way the A319, A320 and A321 are... but the efficiencies you gain by having the same cockpit and cabin crews is now gone because this is the equivalent of having Mesa operate the A319 and mainline the A320.

Product wise you can try and try to get your contractor to mirror your brand, but without control over training, recruitment, discipline etc US gives away control of the product. If you've flown Republic especially you'll know that they are much more interested in being "Republic Airlines" than "US Airways Express".

GETPICDOCNUM0573029SHOWDATENOTHUMBN.jpg

I don't know what she has to do with it , but she look CRAA-ZY!

Maybe she murdered someone after seeing the E190 pilot rates, or after realizing that the new scope clause means the mainline will never ever grow again.

Hey, astronauts are crazy, maybe shes a crazy pilot? Who is she WSurf?

GETPICDOCNUM0573029SHOWDATENOTHUMBN.jpg

I don't know what she has to do with it , but she look CRAA-ZY!

Maybe she murdered someone after seeing the E190 pilot rates, or after realizing that the new scope clause means the mainline will never ever grow again.

Hey, astronauts are crazy, maybe shes a crazy pilot? Who is she WSurf?
Maybe she's a former "MAA" flight attendant that couldnt get hired at Republic, so she went on a killing spree?! :shock:

No, shes pretty ugly... she seems like she would fit right in, barking at our customers for putting a tissue in the seatback pocket, dont you think?

Really who is she lol

Well it appears that the aircraft are having some W & B issues with light loads. So, that said, the aircraft are flying around with 2000lbs of ballast on board. They have 1500lbs Fwd and 500lbs Aft which is NOT to be removed unless required by CLP.