LGA airport

If you look at the photos of the new design, however, there is no space for parking garages. Where are employees and passengers supposed to park? Also the PA just built a brand new garage in front of Terminal C, which will now likely be demolished for this new design--more government waste. 

I avoid LGA whenever possible--I find I am able to get just about anywhere I need to from JFK, I just wish they'd build ISP back up, but since WN is pulling ISP down now that they got LGA, I don't see it happening. 

My BEST to you all....

This pic shows the current garages in front of the CTB are gone, MAT will be no longer for flights, redesigned for a ferry terminal.

d82a0bfe7.jpg

There is unused real estate between the current employee parking and the entrance to rikers island. word has it that will be the new parking lot.

Art at ISP said:
If you look at the photos of the new design, however, there is no space for parking garages. Where are employees and passengers supposed to park? Also the PA just built a brand new garage in front of Terminal C, which will now likely be demolished for this new design--more government waste. 

I avoid LGA whenever possible--I find I am able to get just about anywhere I need to from JFK, I just wish they'd build ISP back up, but since WN is pulling ISP down now that they got LGA, I don't see it happening. 

My BEST to you all....

Yeah, Art.  I noticed that lack of parking spaces, too, and wondered about the brand new parking garage in front of Terminal C which I am not even sure has opened yet to customers.  Along with that project and right next to it, they are building a brand new, state-of-the-art electric power substation which is huge.  

Looking at the artist concept of the future terminal, it appears they do indeed have lots of taxiway space, but it certainly doesn't look like it has nearly as many gates.  I suppose the taxiways can be used to line up inbound and outbound traffic for the few gates provided so that not only can your flight be number 82 in line for takeoff, it can be 82 in line for an inbound gate!  That's progress in NYC!

700UW said:
This pic shows the current garages in front of the CTB are gone, MAT will be no longer for flights, redesigned for a ferry terminal.

d82a0bfe7.jpg

Ah....a ferry terminal!   That must be the solution to the LGA parking!  Park in Manhattan and ferry to the airport.  Great idea.  Typical politician-think.

That's what AA does in Boston. Use city buses to get to and from the parking lots. So now you have to leave your house an extra 45 minutes sooner. I would wait until the plans are finalized before we get our knickers in a knot.

Actually, I doubt the latest proposed design for a new LGA terminal has any chance for ever getting built.  The plans are already in place and underway for a replacement of the old terminal within the existing footprint of that terminal and the old hangars.  The old hangars between B and C terminals are already demolished to make way for the next phase which will be a new terminal in that space.  Once that new facility is in place, terminal B will be demolished and rebuilt in stages starting at the east end and working its way in stages around the bend and through a few of the old hangars south of terminal B.  The poor air traffic controllers will simply continue to endure the limited taxiway options they have lived with for decades.

The new proposal for a radically rethought LGA is more a political publicity stunt than anything else.

Reactions: 2 people