Line Maintenance Layoff Numbers

One thing you all need to remember, this is not something that happened to AA it was a deliberate calculated act with the goal of getting what they could not get us to give them even after exhausting the section 6 process for a record 4 years ( 6 years for some).
You've got that right. They've been handing out ot in Tulsa like candy for quite a while, many times when not needed. It was called an "open checkbook".

Remember people the company is going to do whatever they can to cause panic and fighting between us.

History has proven time and time again that the company doesn't need to do a damn thing for that to happen.

History has proven time and time again that the company doesn't need to do a damn thing for that to happen.
I am not sure whether I wonder about the company or the union when it comes to someone trying keeping something from the employees.

It's no coincidence this company has proven time and time again they cannot manage. Case and point,since 911 and even before, DFW has never had a crew meeting or meet the management team. (AT LEAST THREE MAJOR CHANGES) Answer this,how on gods green earth are you gonna know what's expected of you if you don't even know your manger? I would say at least 50% of management the workers can't tell you their name or their function.

Want to make sure they can't cut heads? Get everyone to refuse to OT .

If a large group of employees that has consistently worked overtime over the past years suddenly decides to refuse it, it can be considered a job action.

That is especially true if it is encouraged by union leadership. In my opinion, (which is worth nothing) all that would do was cause you all to lose the PR battle.

I think it would also give AA ammunition to present to the judge.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
If a large group of employees that has consistently worked overtime over the past years suddenly decides to refuse it, it can be considered a job action.

That is especially true if it is encouraged by union leadership. In my opinion, (which is worth nothing) all that would do was cause you all to lose the PR battle.

I think it would also give AA ammunition to present to the judge.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Of course working "safe" while still pocketing the OT is an option too. Then you run the risk of being even more replaceable as your cost goes up.
I think maybe the company has us by the short hairs.

Reactions: 1 person
You've got that right. They've been handing out ot in Tulsa like candy for quite a while, many times when not needed. It was called an "open checkbook".
Unlimited OT for the past 2 years. Yes they called it an open checkbook. They were laying off and asking the remaining crew for OT all in the same day in 03.

Of course working "safe" while still poScketing the OT is an option too. Then you run the risk of being even more replaceable as your cost goes up.
I think maybe the company has us by the short hairs.
I know at NWA, when they had the mass layoff, bumping, etc., all of us at the line stations refused to work OT. The problem was that the company then could force us to work OT in reverse seniority order. So the guys with the kids in school and working the lousy shifts, who also had wives who worked, would get forced. It ended up hurting the employees a hell of a lot more than the company.

guess you dont work for AA OT hours dont get zeroed but every 2 yrs and that is for all hours asked not worked. Next time you wanna call someone out get the facts
Jan 1st our OT hours get zeroed out and that is the facts...........You must be in OH............

Latest posts