Los Angeles Terminal Move

SPG Trvlr said:
Any word on SFO?? With US make a move to the North Terminal?? You might assume that right? They need to demo the very old Terminal US is now. It is a real eye sore.
The SFO move is indefinate. I was there this weekend and the agents said that the earliest it could happen is October 1st, but no date has been set. There are a few hangups:

-Club possibilities. There is a large space in terminal 3(old rcc) where us could build a club. However, they would need to spend serous $$ for asbestos abatement. No decision about RCC usage has been made.
-Security. US management in SFO is negotiating with the airport and tsa to get our own security checkpoint.
-A plan may be reached to renovate the current facility and make it part of int'l.

Personally, I hope we never move. It's a gross disgusting little facility, but I love it. Easy in, easy out, and the us club is GORGEOUS. By far, the best domestic club in the system.

phllax said:
T6 has that awful smokers patio (at least it used to) on the even side just before the down ramp starts.

I checked the DL website, and could find only 2 flights that use T6 on 3/24: 150 to JFK and 178 to ATL.

I also checked CO and they seem to have somewhere in the neighborhod of 22 daily flights (CLE-5, HNL-1, EWR-6, IAH-@10)

I don't know about U, but I am sure there is plenty of space for US and our 13 maximum daily flights in T6, and UA can always take some gates back for mainline use in T8 if things get tight.
T8 can't handle any large A/C. UA only uses these gates for CRJ, B737 and A319.
T6 handles mostly A320, B747, B767 and B777. UA utelizes all the other gates constantly. So I don't see that CO is going to stay very long in T6. They would be a good candidate for T1.

Nobody is going to T1. As of now, gate 12 is the only widebody capable gate without another one adjacent being closed. US is down to 2 full time gates (8, 12) and 4B is used part time by all 3 tenants of T1. If anyone is to leave T6, which is highly unlikely, it would probably be DL

Latest posts