LUS/AA Below wing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
Remember line cleaning is still in the M&R CBA, so it's says may outsource, so if cleaning came back in house it would be a utility/cabin service not a ramp job.
I highly doubt this would ever happen.

bob@las-AA said:
I highly doubt this would ever happen.

Jobs lost are very difficult to recover. Not a position you should be in. It's time to focus on protecting existing work.

Spoke with a few of my former PHX droogs now ensconced within an AA station, and a memo recently announced that all bag scanning would be conducted plane side in place of the AA policy of having it handled at the carousel. This new rule has created some disconcertion as their Leads (crew chiefs) will now be required to met the plane upon arrival and provide assistance during the download.  

The larger concern is that Crew Chiefs will eventually become more like US Leads where they are treated more like members of the team instead of delegators spending most of their time in an office.  In PHX where we run 2-man teams, there is no possible way to have Leads absent from the gate during most of the turn.

DFWFSC said:
All cleaning at LAA is outsourced, but there is still some confusing language in our current contract about turn around cleaning. There may be a few stations that still do turn cleaning...not sure. All lav service in the hubs is preformed by LAA fleet service.
Reading Art. 1 (a) our contract states only this, If asked to preform these items we must do it. In DFW it clearly states that we will handle the mail, loading, unloading and handle mail at the docks, But we don't it is handled by WFS. It was a beautiful day when we no longer had to do day line cleaning. And I hope it never comes back.   

You do realize PMUS and PMAA have people on layoff who use to clean thru flights and RONS?

Such a good union member you are, wishing people not to get their jobs back.

700UW said:
You do realize PMUS and PMAA have people on layoff who use to clean thru flights and RONS?

Such a good union member you are, wishing people not to get their jobs back.
And you know this how? AA/US have been hiring off the streets for some time now. 

Are you for real?

PMUS Outsourced Line cleaning and all Utility except 50 for heavy maintenance in 2005 in the second chapter 11 case.

PMAA outsourced Cabin Service in bankruptcy.

PMUS has not hired any utility, they are on layoff with lifetime recall rights.

And AA has not brought back line cleaning to cabin service, its outsourced.

I believe the point Bob is making is that if both LAA and LUS have been hiring FSC's from the street for some time, and they have, then anyone from the other classifications still out is by their own choice.  Anyone on furlough would have had the opportunity to take any vacancy anywhere in the system before it went out to the street.  So no, there is no one on layoff status who is not there by their own choice.

Not true for PMUS and how many cabin service were laidoff at AA?

And AA also outsourced ramp jobs also, some PMAA are working at US.

bob@las-AA said:
Reading Art. 1 (a) our contract states only this, If asked to preform these items we must do it. In DFW it clearly states that we will handle the mail, loading, unloading and handle mail at the docks, But we don't it is handled by WFS. It was a beautiful day when we no longer had to do day line cleaning. And I hope it never comes back.   
It's okay not to like to clean, but to champion losing the work is terrible.

bob@las-AA said:
yeah nothing better than having people lose their jobs.......... :blink:

and airline employees can't seem to figure out why our careers are going to ****.  :rolleyes:

Kev3188 said:
It's okay not to like to clean, but to champion losing the work is terrible.

topDawg said:
yeah nothing better than having people lose their jobs.......... :blink:

and airline employees can't seem to figure out why our careers are going to ###

So you two support paying someone $23 an hour to pick up a few gum wrappers, and to fold a few blankets?

Hope you're not in Dallas, but if you are, I would be thrilled to work beside you some day!

Let me help you out. It's not "rapers", it's wrappers!

AANOTOK said:
Hope you're not in Dallas, but if you are, I would be thrilled to work beside you some day!

Let me help you out. It's not "rapers", it's wrappers!

Thanks for the correction on my typo, and yes I'm in DFW

do you guys at the AA hubs have both a crew chief an a D1 on each gate? if so what  does the D1 do compared  to the CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back