LUS/AA Below wing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
cltrat said:
 do you guys at the AA hubs have both a crew chief an a D1 on each gate? if so what  does the D1 do compared  to the CC?
Just a crew chief at the gate. D1 are used as needed when a CC is not available. 

bob@las-AA said:
Just a crew chief at the gate. D1 are used as needed when a CC is not available. 
Although any crew member can be D1 qualified if he so chooses and be working on
the gate at the same time, just not in that capacity.

thks guys one more question whats to common crew numbers for both widebody and narrow?

bob@las-AA said:

So you two support paying someone $23 an hour to pick up a few gum wrappers, and to fold a few blankets?
I support good paying careers. Period. Not for nothing, your cleaners should be doing far more than what you've listed...

And at PMUS we did.

He will make $24.12 an hour he could be a $12 an hour ready reserve or working for a vendor

He should apply for management.

cltrat said:
thks guys one more question whats to common crew numbers for both widebody and narrow?
At JFK a crew is 3 plus a Crew Chief no matter the aircraft.Heavier flights will get an assist crew if the guy on the desk feels like it.If they don't like your CC, you're borked.

Done LHR and GRU 773's loaded to the gills with no help, and have gotten an assist crew on a narrowbody flight with 100 bags and no freight.

JFK Fleet Service said:
At JFK a crew is 3 plus a Crew Chief no matter the aircraft.Heavier flights will get an assist crew if the guy on the desk feels like it.If they don't like your CC, you're borked.

Done LHR and GRU 773's loaded to the gills with no help, and have gotten an assist crew on a narrowbody flight with 100 bags and no freight.

A wonderful system the company allows us to work under. The "guy on the desk" policy allows monkeys to run the zoo. I smell another bankruptcy coming. In the meantime...the shareholders realize huge gains. The "New AA" is reaping record profits while the workers are trying to recover the losses under previous bankruptcy filings by both LUS and AA. It's time to get our share of the pie, in JCBA talks, while the pie exists. Big picture... they got us working more for less. Enough! 

ograc said:

A wonderful system the company allows us to work under. The "guy on the desk" policy allows monkeys to run the zoo. I smell another bankruptcy coming. In the meantime...the shareholders realize huge gains. The "New AA" is reaping record profits while the workers are trying to recover the losses under previous bankruptcy filings by both LUS and AA. It's time to get our share of the pie, in JCBA talks, while the pie exists. Big picture... they got us working more for less. Enough! 
It's in the "Associations" hands. All we can do is vote up or down!

thks JFK it's similar here except that an assist  crew isn't available due to staffing shortages more times than not

Kev3188 said:
What's a D1?
Kev, basically a D1 is a fleet service clerk who has taken a particular test to be an acting crew chief if one is needed.
On the day  a crew chief is missing, he is now qualified to do the job. He is compensated on that day with an extra 1.50 an hour pay raise. If no D1 is needed (would be highly unusual) then the clerk would do his normal job whatever that might be at his regular rate of pay.

As for "D1", I have no idea what that stands for.

AANOTOK is D1 a bid position there? and on your current contract how much is pay differential for a CC?

cltrat said:
AANOTOK is D1 a bid position there? and on your current contract how much is pay differential for a CC?
No, a D1 is a regular clerk who bids his normal job by seniority. When they need a D1 to replace a missing CC for that particular day, they start with the most senior one in that work area. He accepts or declines and they move on. A CC right now makes $25.09 + .30 for longevity. This is a topped out CC.

AANOTOK said:
Kev, basically a D1 is a fleet service clerk who has taken a particular test to be an acting crew chief if one is needed.
On the day  a crew chief is missing, he is now qualified to do the job. He is compensated on that day with an extra 1.50 an hour pay raise. If no D1 is needed (would be highly unusual) then the clerk would do his normal job whatever that might be at his regular rate of pay.

As for "D1", I have no idea what that stands for.
Thanks!

Not for nothing, we have something similar, but the person gets no override...

Kev3188 said:
Thanks!

Not for nothing, we have something similar, but the person gets no override...

I'm surprised....... I thought that person would get the override for the day.

Before our merger, with old Continental, in my hub we had people that are Lead Qualified, and put into an acting lead pool. These people for whatever reason didn't want to upgrade, but are capable of running a gate and doing all of the Lead functions. They got a 1.75 override. The Zone Supervisor checks the daily manpower and usually asks these people to run a gate for the day. They know who these people are in a particular zone.

Now with the merger,  I don't know if this is in every hub. Especially with UROC running the show. That takes the knowledge from the local Zone Supervisor to find these people to run gates. UROC doesn't know jack ****!!!  And there has been a shortage of Leads in some places because of the rules where you lose your Bid Seniority if you upgraded. At old CO, we kept our Bid Seniority of you upgraded if positions are available. Now, if you are senior, you would be an idiot to upgrade. In my hub, we have a fairly mix of junior and senior leads, and the junior ones are pretty damn good. They have to cover all areas, and gain valuable experience by it. Mostly in Outage Relief. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back