Maa Recalls

Air conditioned

Advanced
Mar 18, 2004
Does anybody know how many people accepted invitations to return to MAA this past week? (The deadline was noon, August 15th.) What were the numbers? Did they get all the way through the invol. furlough list this time? :huh:

Thanks!

Air conditioned said:
Does anybody know how many people accepted invitations to return to MAA this past week? (The deadline was noon, August 15th.) What were the numbers? Did they get all the way through the invol. furlough list this time? :huh:

Thanks!
[post="170297"][/post]​

Yep, the company just completed its first pass through the invol list, but hasn't published the class lists yet. At the very least, September classes should be announced shortly (probably by week's end, I'd venture to say). The practice has been to announce several classes at once, so we may see classes through the year's end posted on the Hub very soon.

Will they start classes while the company is on the verge of bankruptcy? If the company has set a deadline of 30SEP for Ch. 11, why would they look at classes starting in the middle of September? For that matter, why would anyone sign up for the classes under those conditions? Not trying to be contentious, I'm just wondering.

Well I guess they should be announcing something pretty soon if there ARE going to be classes in September, as we rapidly approach the end of August. They should give people a few weeks to prepare.

I wonder if they will put the classes on hold, too, with this bankruptcy thing hanging over everyone's heads.

Sounds like there are a lot of mixed messages being sent out.
Who knows what to believe. :blink: :unsure:

I still couldn't find out how many people said "yes" to returning this go round.
Looked all over the Hub, but no info there.

I suspect we will here something in the next few days because, yes, the company needs to give notice. We don't know when in September the classes will begin... for all we know it could be the end of September. I would venture to say that the people who bid for September classes probably are ready to go to training on relatively short notice. Also, there was a box to check if you are available for training at the last minute (to accommodate cancellations).

I don't think a short-order C-11 filing would hinder MDA progress. The aircraft are still coming, at least for now, and the company seems more intent than ever on building up E170 flying.

I am monitoring the Hub a couple of times a day and will report any progress. If anyone receives notice of their class dates before the Hub postings, please, post it here immediately. There seems to be a couple of days lag time before something makes it to the Hub.

Good luck everyone on getting the classes you want.

-DCAflyer

one of the big reasons they are going to file is because the company floating the cash to buy the RJ'S isn't keen on anymore credit if mainline wages aren't to their liking.

Latest posts