Machinists Union Merger Update

First of all I know my MECHANIC does not make $65 an hour and yes I believe AMTs should be highly compensated as they are more at risk when they work on a plane.

I have been truthful and forthcoming, please show me where I have not been?

Keep trying to deflect the that the IBT's record with mechanics at all the airlines they represent is not very good when it comes to scope language.

I always give my honest opinion, never hiding my true colors.
I never downplayed the work they do or their importance. Dont try yout typical tactice to make it appear that I am attacking a group.
FACT: AMT's being able to bump GSE mechanics simply because of seniority is a bad decision. You speak about spending 65 bucks an hour at the local shop?
seek and ye shall find....your car mech's pulling in around 12-15 a hour on flat rate...

The document I am using is dated 08/05/2005. Keep looking Mr. 700 you will find it eventually.
:)
hey gonzo....the document you use as a contract is only the sections of our agreement that were modified.the contract book all mech and related have is about 265 pages long.

seek and ye shall find....your car mech's pulling in around 12-15 a hour on flat rate...
I have no idea what you are talking about. 700 stated 65 bucks. Read the rest of my post, I broke it down to the shop getting the majority and the poor guy had to bust his butt to get three of four jobs in.
You constant attepts to back him up are getting in your way of facts. (OMG I sound like him now).
Anyway, get your backbone back from 700.

I have no idea what you are talking about. 700 stated 65 bucks. Read the rest of my post, I broke it down to the shop getting the majority and the poor guy had to bust his butt to get three of four jobs in.
You constant attepts to back him up are getting in your way of facts. (OMG I sound like him now).
i don't have to back anyone up.....
65 is your overhead cost per hour einstein.....poor mech gets 13 if hes lucky.
you know what happens when you mess with jellyfish don't you?

I guess you fail to understand the IAM contract is not subject to modifications until 2009, they are out of bankruptcy and they don't have the judge in their pocket anymore.

And I guess you fail to comprehend the scope language was tested in court and arbitration and the IAM prevailed.

And the contract was abrogated, but the company held off implementing it and just modified the previous CBA with the Term Sheet.

And I spoke to Lakefield in person about it, then the enhanced layoff letter came out.

Yes they wanted labor peace, but the scope language stands and just cant be wiped away.

Top scale at HP is only 68 cents more an hour. But go ask their GSE mechanics who earn less then the AMTs about wages.

I do understand that you are stuck with your contract until 2009. Sorry to here that. When DID your contract expire? How long ago?

The IAM prevailed? Prevailed to what? The SCOPE you have now? I do "fail to comprehend" how the IAM prevailed when the SCOPE they have today is not very good or atleast takes away many of the things you had.

If you look closely, you will see that AWA and USA have been planning this merger for a while. It was not a last minute choice. US Airways was and is now being trimmed and molded to be like America West. Yes, some of the things from US Airways will still remain but the majority of the systems and management will be America West. "No brag...just fact".

You can call me what you like as far as the GSE mechanics are concerned. The training and responsibilities of an AMT is greater than a GSE mechanic. Yes, they are a vital part of the airline, but they DO NOT do the job that the AMT does.

Gee talk about twisint words....
No where did I say a mechanic earns $65 an hour.

Amazing how your hatred makes you post things that are not there.
I guess when you wrote 65, I though you meant 65...My bad.
I really didn't try to twist anything, really.
No hatred bud, just fun.
Pop one for me will ya. ;)

The scope in the IAM contract is better then the scope of the IBT contract.

Gee where is your heavy maintenance performed?

The scope in the IAM contract is better then the scope of the IBT contract.

Gee where is your heavy maintenance performed?
If it is in the current contract it is because the company left it in there. Remember how the judge threw the contract out and the company gave the mechanics the final proposal to vote on? What part of that did the IAM secure?

First of all I am glad you are not practicing law.

The Judge held his ruling on abrogation in obeyance pending the vote on the Final Offer term sheet.

The offer was ratified so it modified the Collective Bargaining Agreement, so the Judge's ruling was never implemented.

The Final Offer Term sheet was not the first one presented to the Negotiating Committee, it was modified several times with discussion between the NC and the company. The NC did not leave CCY until after midnight on that day.

See if you were there you would know that, why did your buddies Tom and John not tell you all that?

Latest posts