Machinists Union Merger Update

OK then just keep paying the dues genius. Oh that's right you don't have a choice. It comes right out of your check before you get it.
Ah once again you don't know what you are talking about.

You can request to come off of Dues Check Off and be personally responsible to pay your own dues to your local.

And you can also become a dues objector and only pay for what is germane to the CBA.

seek and ye shall find....your car mech's pulling in around 12-15 a hour on flat rate...
hey gonzo....the document you use as a contract is only the sections of our agreement that were modified.the contract book all mech and related have is about 265 pages long.

Hey delldude,
Yup...the car mech's do make 12-15 or so. I realize that what I am quoting here is just a small part of the contract, but it is basically the "heart" of the section of the contract. The modifications I am quoting are "stand alone" statements. They will dominate the entire section when challenged. Thanks.
:)

No they are not stand alone statements, the articles were modified and that language added and some language deleted.

Keep Trying.

Hey delldude,
Yup...the car mech's do make 12-15 or so. I realize that what I am quoting here is just a small part of the contract, but it is basically the "heart" of the section of the contract. The modifications I am quoting are "stand alone" statements. They will dominate the entire section when challenged. Thanks.

The statements speak for themselves.

Do you live in a dream world? Are you telling us that because of you the layoff language was
changed? Give me a break..

The company and the judge broke the back of the IAM.. He rubber stamped the order.

The IAM crawled on its knees to beg for something, anything and the company thru them
the bone.. You and the IAM took the bait.. Why was that? Simple..

The alternative was No Contract, 500 mechanics system wide and thats it. That was the
alternative. You think thats a win?

The scope language as written will not last the integration agreement.

And yes the AWA techs make more.. Top out for US, 23.77 hangar, 24.77 line. Care to dispute
that? What is top out for AWA tech? Go to the COB's if you want to find out.

And lets not talk about the GSE techs.. Most of the GSE techs at US are gone.. The IAM flushed
that with the last agreement..

Stand on your pedestal all you want and sing the praise of the IAM.. The scope will not last
the integration talks.. Simple as that.. And you your self said that there is no clear winner here,
the IAM might win, they might not. And take this to the bank. Dougie and pals are looking at the
AWA contract right now.. They are going to work out a deal that complies with all the laws that
says the AWA contract is the surviving document just like what happened at Piedmont. We bought
you so here is the paper you are going to live buy.

Its fancy talk to say merger.. The truth of the matter from a legal standpoint, AWA bought US and
assumed the name.. Get ready to have the AWA contract shoved down your throat. The IAM may
be the surviving union however they are going to live with the AWA contract..

Bet on it.

I guess you fail to understand the IAM contract is not subject to modifications until 2009, they are out of bankruptcy and they don't have the judge in their pocket anymore.

And I guess you fail to comprehend the scope language was tested in court and arbitration and the IAM prevailed.

And the contract was abrogated, but the company held off implementing it and just modified the previous CBA with the Term Sheet.

And I spoke to Lakefield in person about it, then the enhanced layoff letter came out.

Yes they wanted labor peace, but the scope language stands and just cant be wiped away.

Top scale at HP is only 68 cents more an hour. But go ask their GSE mechanics who earn less then the AMTs about wages.

Go ask Lakefield if you dont believe me. The enhanced furlough package was a result of my converastion.

There was no bait and just remember the IAM is the members and the members ratified the offer.

And the language will last and I hope you are prepared to eat your words.

Go ask Lakefield if you dont believe me. The enhanced furlough package was a result of my converastion.

There was no bait and just remember the IAM is the members and the members ratified the offer.

And the language will last and I hope you are prepared to eat your words.

Only time will tell.........for we don't know. You would like the members to believe that you are in the know....do you know about the IAM taking unsolicited money form the company. That's a story for another day.........

rofl2.gif

All the unions, ALPA, AFA, CWA, IAM and TWU all were reimbursed for legal advisors, financial advisors and negotiation expenses as part of the concessions.

Keep trying.

justaumechanic:
The alternative was No Contract, 500 mechanics system wide and thats it. That was the
alternative. You think thats a win?
hows about russian roulette??
don't you think cocka roach's "concession stand is closed" bit you and me and 700 in the butt??
i didn't like it any better than anyone else,even did the NO thing...
look where AMFA"s at with NWA.....it was our destiny if we refused..
so what better idea or suggestion do you have?what direction were we or IAM left for that matter?
i agree with you that AWA will do its damnedest to rid themselves of those unsightly heavy checks as soon as possible.they may just have to bite the bullet until 2009 but i guarantee you it'll be walk time for whatever union is on the property if heavy checks are still around.

Spoken like a true elitst, your true colors are showing now.

Been to your local mechanic lately? $65 an hour for labor.

And they should be as they provide a vital role in keeping the airline running just as much as a AMT.

Gee talk about twisint words....
No where did I say a mechanic earns $65 an hour.

Amazing how your hatred makes you post things that are not there.

Your quotes and who is tring to twist thing around you can't remember what you post :p time to back peddel again

Only time will tell.........for we don't know. You would like the members to believe that you are in the know....do you know about the IAM taking unsolicited money form the company. That's a story for another day.........

rofl2.gif
its in the contract and all the labor groups did it during neg's......your point?
oh no he had to bring that up.....