Machinists Union Merger Update

Maybe a change is needed in some respects...but before I vote on any changes...the Scope on Heavy Maintenance will have to be in place beforehand.

per the current ibt contract awa can not close any station and contract out that work they tried it when the downsized cmh and the ibt forced the company to keep awa techs at the station. and as a current tech in PHX we would all love to have all mx brought back in house. and that will take all of us to fight to get it back, but at least with ibt we can work on that now instead of 2009. remember we all have to approve a new contract and the old us airways mechanics out number us so I think you would have a say on what happens. be smart at least make it a vote so everyone has a choice.

And what happens when the furloughed US mechanic and related don't vote and then both unions get decertified?

Remember all the furloughees at US are eligble voters.

700UW said:
And what happens when the furloughed US mechanic and related don't vote and then both unions get decertified?

Remember all the furloughees at US are eligble voters.
[post="311646"][/post]​

Why do you say your IAM brothers / sisters would not VOTE??? I think there would be a big turn out for the vote, theIBT has done a lot it got thoughs laid off in Dec 95 there jobs back and we don't have any furloughed tech. :up: Can't say that for the IAM. Look at TOPIC>>YOUR CHOSE I see the way this vote will go. Is that what your afraid of

700UW said:
The IAM has all ready done better.

We use to have industry leading contracts till the after effects of 9/11.

Just compare the scope language and you will get your answer.
[post="306559"][/post]​

:unsure: I would like to see a copy of your IAM CONTRACT because all I see from your post is that you have SCOPE LANGUAGE :unsure:

Does anyone think that the merger is anything other than that? There seems to be some confusion as to whether it is a merger or aquisition.

If the IBT had something in writing dealing with returning the outsourced aircraft to in-house I feel they would have a very good chance as many are sick of the IAM, but untill then most will have to stick with the IAM! As for voting, who knows what the count would be, most do not realize that this is not an IAM vote so you will not get the chance to vote till its right in their minds. :shock:

The way I understand it from U.S West management is that if we go
IAM (not that will have a choice) that our a/c will go under the IAM's
present scope meaning a possible heavy mx line in PHX. & more jobs created. and if it were to go IBT that our scope would prevent mx from
be outsourced meaning present mx must stay in house.(including present heavy check)

Realisticly I doudt that the Co. would fess up more than 10-15% pay
increse over the next 5 yrs. to the IBT. But hate to think I could take a
pay cut and loss of other benefiets such as 401k which is presently
50 cent's on the dollar up to 6%, sick time and vacation for some.

Is the IAM contract amendable in 2011 or 2009? (i've seen both)

Filling out a card is not going to bring the IBT in just might bring it to a
vote. and the 50 % not voting thing just isn't going to happend.

So I guess I'd be leaning towards the IBT,way I see it we can always strike if we don't like what they offer. I doudt Doug would be to happy
about taking LCC in to BK. Which I'm sure we could do if we really wanted.-Later

ODIN said:
Why do you say your IAM brothers / sisters would not VOTE??? I think there would be a big turn out for the vote,
[post="311691"][/post]​
Odin,

Most all of the IAM Mechs on layoff, are so sick and disqusted with the IAMs shenanigans, that they will never look back and "waste" the time to vote for anything involving US Airways ever again.

That said, I am one of the few that transferred my membership to layoff status, instead of letting it expire due to lack of dues like most of the furloughees I know. I intend to send in a card for the IBT.

The present IAM contract has got to go, even at the expense of representation.

:up: Glad to here that your signing a card :up:

Pass the Info on to your friend, becasue your IAM doesn't seam to know where there furloughed members are. Well that is what there telling the IBT that is wanting to send Info out to you all. That is why the are afraide there won't 50%+1.
With the numbers I've seen there are more of your IMA members furloughed than working. So with your help we can get the CARDS we need for a VOTE.

THANK YOU

repeet said:
That said, I am one of the few that transferred my membership to layoff status, instead of letting it expire due to lack of dues like most of the furloughees I know. I intend to send in a card for the IBT.

[post="311969"][/post]​

Do I under stand this right that a lot of the furloughed members have let there membership in the IAM expire and could not vote

700UW Posted Oct 12 2005, 07:35 PM
And what happens when the furloughed US mechanic and related don't vote and then both unions get decertified?Remember all the furloughees at US are eligble voters.

The IAM knows where the furloughees are, their address are on file.

ANSWER the questions

Do I under stand this right that a lot of the furloughed members have let there membership in the IAM expire and could not vote

IAM doesn't seam to know where there furloughed members are. Well that is what there telling the IBT that is wanting to send Info out to you all.

Maybe you (700UW) are not interested be I'm sure there are a lot that are. and the IAM is keeping them uninformed.

A IAM member has lifetime recall rights at US while on furloughee, they don't have to be an active member to vote in any NMB supervised election.

ANSWER the questions

IAM doesn't seam to know where there furloughed members are. Well that is what there telling the IBT that is wanting to send Info out to you all.

Maybe you (700UW) are not interested be I'm sure there are a lot that are. and the IAM is keeping them uninformed.

700U thinks IAM is god he would even considering anyelse a chance he will do anything to keep IBT out

Latest posts