Management In Clt

Finish or Ignore said:
Not trying to be smart, but, what in the hell does common sense have to do with USAirways?
[post="251180"][/post]​

I guess when it's applied, to serve as counterpoint to the Palace! ;)

RedOne said:
If you have everyone wearing a vest, how does the capt know who is parking the aircraft? Vest not only for safety, but is an indicator to the crew, "look at me for directions. I'll keep you safe."
mweiss. Right now, I am one of the least negative people you can talk to. I retired a few weeks ago, and I find my attitude getting better daily! :up: I'm still interested in what is going on at U, so about every 4 days I come and read. Yes my post was a 100% guess. I have no idea what really went on. My post was based on my personal past experiences. From what this person posted.....I was pretty close to correct.

coachrowsey Posted Yesterday, 05:39 PM
The person was running abr saw the plane waiting & made the WRONG decision & parked it,
[post="251086"][/post]​

As someone pointed out, in Europe EVERYONE on the ramp has a fluorescent colored vest on. Even in this case, the captain of the flight manages to pick out EXACTLY the right ramper to park him. (Hint---it's the ramper standing on the big yellow line waving the wands at you. Seemed pretty evident, to me anyway.)

Another plus to having everyone wear a vest is that flights won't be delayed while the wing walker runs aimlessly about for 3 or 4 minutes trying to find a vest that they should have had on before the cabin doors closed.

True to a point, 'bus.

On the smooth days, and there haven't been many of late, there is time to put up the webbing (FAA checks this out), dog down the hatch (something you'd appreciate ;) ), shrug into a handy vest, and wing walk.

It should work that way, every time.

Here's another reality.

A lot of stations handle express and mainline. A lot of stations park mainline and express in close proximity. As most of express calls in their times, their ETA is notoriously unreliable. So now you're at the foot of the belt, feeding up the bags. Here comes the express flight, 20 minutes early.

Do you:

A. Keep feeding bags up the belt?

B. Abandon the mainline flight, and park the express? What if that causes mainline to be late?

And you don't get to answer, send another agent. There aren't any.

You can see where a vest can get lost in the shuffle, and I agree with you - the crew will spot the guy at the end of the lead-in line, gesturing like a madman!

diogenes said:
True to a point, 'bus.

You can see where a vest can get lost in the shuffle, and I agree with you - the crew will spot the guy at the end of the lead-in line, gesturing like a madman!
[post="251548"][/post]​
should have added....... probably without a vest on and no daywands cause he just ran over from what he was doing to park the aircraft. This is what the guy did in CLT...and it cost him.
Need to also realize that some of the bright yellow lead in lines are no longer bright yellow. Some are not even visable to the naked eye. (Ain't got the money to repaint them and in some stations they are no longer visable due to oil, dirt, worn paint, etc) Safety issue? Do the best you can with what you have.
Most of U don't work in Europe. Are you suggesting that U work the way they do? say as in France?...Glad I'm retired.