Management Presents "plan" To Afa

Twice,

Why do I sense hostility in your voice regarding older, (not in age?), f/as who have contributed a great deal to our airline? Many of the f/as are not in a position to retire because our retirment penalties are high. In addtiion, The retirment income is more of a "supplemental" income. You need to have another source to sustain yourself. You should know what the retirement is about, c'mon on.
"Early out" has already been posed to this management. They are NOT interested in the slightest increase in cost for an "out" even for the first year. You should know that better than anyone. Instead, management instituted policies that get rid of many of our f/as that have chronic illnesses. Our attrition runs approx. 29 per month. Take real close note, Managment has not once started a "recall" of f/as. Give me a break.

The question was posed regarding certain work rules that may have the potential of more layoffs. The main issue is not necessairly f/a layyoffs, but the possibility of ground personnel.

Twicebaked said:
News just stated that according to the Local 40 Pres. there will be more F/A lay offs with this "new plan". Is this true Pitbull? Can you say early retirement? If this is true, get these older (not in age) F/A out!!!!!!!
If pit is successful at getting the old f/a's out, then turn the pit lose on the iam too, because there are too many oldies left there as well using canes to get to work.

But, it's called seniority and just because the junior ranks are hitting the streets doesn't mean the old farts need to go or ever care.....tis life of the people living the seniority ranks, love it or leave it.

NOTE: I feel seniority RULES! That's what we all signed up for when hired, so there is no whinning mid stream. The old timers were once in our shoes wondering if they would be in the streets themselves, different time same deal. I am saying in my above statement that it would be nice to see older seniority people leave, but if they don't, that is their right, I have NO say.

Cav and Twice,

That's not fair. I don't like to hear that kind of mentality. You have one group in the seniority list crying that no one protects their interest, meanwhile these same folks BASH the senior folks for even still existing. You guys just kill me, you know that. Knock it off. :angry:

I don't think that folks that don't have enough seniority to be considered senior should be bashing senior folks. Many of you may not be senior in seniority, but are NOT young either.

PITbull said:
Cav and Twice,

That's not fair. I don't like to hear that kind of mentality. You have one group in the seniority list crying that no one protects their interest, meanwhile these same folks BASH the senior folks for even still existing. You guys just kill me, you know that. Knock it off. :angry:

I don't think that folks that don't have enough seniority to be considered senior should be bashing senior folks. Many of you may not be senior in seniority, but are NOT young either.
E_X_C_U_S_E me Pitbull...I was saying exactly that! I agree with you on that issue for crying out loud. You better go back and get some more shut eye before reading these boards. <_<