Management Presents "plan" To Afa

usfliboi said:
Ahhhhhh Finally !The point is just that ! Its productivity not pay !
USfliboi,

Everything is PAY.

We are both at FAA minimum requirements in staffing, we serve f/c and meal service, THEY DO NOT! We have Transcon/transatlantic full service, they do not.

Productivity?????? Try again, genius. :angry:

PITbull said:
USfliboi,

Everything is PAY.

We are both at FAA minimum requirements in staffing, we serve f/c and meal service, THEY DO NOT! We have Transcon/transatlantic full service, they do not.

No Meal Service, No First Class and No Trans Atlantic, but we do operate Transcon. I wasn't sure if the point was that WN does not operate transcon or that the transcon flights are not full service. I'm sorry if I'm passing on unnecessary info. Just in case...we do operate BWI-LAX, BWI-SAN, BWI-SJC, which is blocked at about 6 and a half hours but depending on the winds it has been known to cross the 7 hour mark. Most of the east coast and mid west have a non-stop to either PHX, LAS or both so there are a lot of sub-transcon long hauls in the system now that block between 4 and 5 hours. It's not all short hops anymore. For instance, as I type this I have the bids for March on my lap...there is a 2 day pairing in here that pays 16 trips, yet it only has 4 landings. The first day of the trip is BWI-PVD-MCI-SAN, 18 hours in San Diego then all you work on the second day of the trip is SAN-BWI. Again, I apologize if I am passing on info that is neither needed or wanted. I respect that this a US forum and try to only post when you guys are looking for specifics on how we operate over here.

SWAFA30,

Thanks for the info. Do you have a handle on how your "trips" compare to "hours", ie, the 2 day pairing that pays "16 trips" is how many block hours?

Thanks,

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
SWAFA30,

Thanks for the info. Do you have a handle on how your "trips" compare to "hours", ie, the 2 day pairing that pays "16 trips" is how many block hours?

Thanks,

Jim
The trip in question is blocked at 13hrs 15min and , 16hrs 5min duty time, trip credit is 15.8 I need to correct myself since I originally said it paid 16. I know that our "trip pay" can be confusing. Flight Ops multiplies their trip rate by 1.139 to convert it to hourly pay. I assume that you could apply the same multiplier to Inflight Service.

SWAFA30,

Thanks for the info. I know you travel Transcon, but no service of meals.

You're 2 day trip is worth more than ours. Our 2-day trip is worth 10 hours. Sometimes we have 9 or 10 legs or 10 landings. I'm not sure what you meant by your duty day. What is your total "on duty" hour for the first day of that trip you cited?

PITbull said:
SWAFA30,

Thanks for the info. I know you travel Transcon, but no service of meals.

You're 2 day trip is worth more than ours. Our 2-day trip is worth 10 hours. Sometimes we have 9 or 10 legs or 10 landings. I'm not sure what you met by your duty day. What is your total "on duty" hour for the first day of that trip you cited?
The trip in question had a duty time of 10 hours, 10 minutes on the first day and. 8 hours and 20 minutes block time.

On the first day of a trip, duty day begins at check-in 1 hour prior to scheduled to departure from our respective crew bases. Duty begins at outstations 30 minutes prior to scheduled depature. We have a 30 minute debrief period at the end of each trip that adds an additional 30 minutes to our duty day on the last day of a trip. So on the first day of a trip if I were to work the BWI-SJC nonstop blocked at 6:30 my actual duty day would be 7:30 hours since I have to report 1 hour prior .

A 2 day that pays 15.8 is a typical, productive BWI 2-day trip. We get the bulk of the long haul flying so our trips are more productive. The DAL and HOU crews that work the 7 leg, Texas Two-Step days really get screwed and have to work much harder than we do in BWI, MCO, or even MDW to earn the same amount of money. The same goes for some of the intra-California trips out of PHX and OAK.

SW,

If this is a typical trip, than it isn't too bad at all. ARe your duty days (periods) approx. 10 hour days, including the 1:00 pre?

Our trip duty period also starts 1:00 before scheduled departure, and our "debrief" is done on the a/c :30 prior to departure.

PITbull said:
SW,

If this is a typical trip, than it isn't too bad at all. ARe your duty days (periods) approx. 10 hour days, including the 1:00 pre?

Our trip duty period also starts 1:00 before scheduled departure, and our "debrief" is done on the a/c :30 prior to departure.
Contractually, we can be scheduled 10.5 hours duty as a lineholder and 12.5 hours as reserve. The average duty day is around 8 hours. In my base, the average turn pays around 6 or 7, 2 day 12 to 15, a low paying 3 days pays around 17, average is 21, high paying 23 to 25. The average 4 day pays about 26 or 27, with the upper end being around 33 trips for a 4 day trip. These are pairings as built my crew planning, we can split our trips whenever they come through our base so you will find trip fragments that pay less. Typically, I fly broken trips because I commute and it allows me to commute both ways without a stayover in base at either end of the trip. Again, pairing construction and trip productivity varies from base to base and is one of the many things we are addressing in our contract negotiations.

PITbull said:
USfliboi,

Everything is PAY.

As we continue to look closer Swa advantage becomes clear. I think the key here is to look deeper and not just on the surface. To me it is apparent what they will go after or at least the type of things. The 55 hr option would be one if the benefits continue to decrease for that .

News just stated that according to the Local 40 Pres. there will be more F/A lay offs with this "new plan". Is this true Pitbull? Can you say early retirement? If this is true, get these older (not in age) F/A out!!!!!!!