Merger Related Changes Coming Soon

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Getting the word out....from AWA's "Plane Deal" newsletter:

Inflight Videos
Two videos are in the works, one for AWA and one for US Airways. On August 15, AWA will begin broadcasting the seven-minute video on descent; Airways’ three-minute video will play at 10,000 feet.

AWA’s video talks through the name change, how to book going forward, frequent flyer information, the merger’s benefits, and it ends with a look back at some AWA ads. Airways is shorter, since theirs doesn’t need a name change explanation, nor the AWA retrospective.

Inflight and Gate Announcements
In conjunction with the video release will be new scripts for customer service and inflight employees. Again, each will be a quick reminder about the merger.

Look for far more to come, as the marketing team introduces temporary and permanent signage, web site details, and more – all to help our customers navigate the transition and to give employees the tools they need to help in that process.

Jim

Severed-N-Happy said:
I assume everyone has heard NO UM's on connx and no more pets in cargo or cabin???????
[post="286811"][/post]​
Sorry to tell you but we do fly pets in the cabin. Just not in cargo. And you're right about no conx for UM's also they must be 15 to fly as a non UM. And we check birth certificates too.

HP does not allow UM connections. It cost the company too much $$$ since HP has to hire extra staff and has to pay for accommodations if they misconnect or cancels.
During the summer months when we used to accept them, I remember having 15 UMs on my red eye flight and they all missed their connections because of weather and mechanical. So HP had to pay for their accommodations since they cannot stay at the airport! It was a stupid program!
I'm glad we no longer have them. Good move for HP.

Severed-N-Happy said:
I assume everyone has heard NO UM's on connx and no more pets in cargo or cabin???????
[post="286811"][/post]​

Pets in cabin are allowed on HP

airlinedivalish said:
HP does not allow UM connections. It was a stupid program!
I'm glad we no longer have them. Good move for HP.
[post="286861"][/post]​

YEAH!!!!!! I am tired of babysitting for an hour after they arrive while trying to work my outbound flight cause mommy was too busy to get to the airport on time. With nonstop/direct we'll still have kids, just not as many. Camp week to AVL was a killer coming and going!
So, maybe the MANILA people are getting the info confused and have an advanced version of the text when they tell people USAirways doesnt take pets! :shock: :rolleyes:

tadjr said:
YEAH!!!!!! I am tired of babysitting for an hour after they arrive while trying to work my outbound flight cause mommy was too busy to get to the airport on time. With nonstop/direct we'll still have kids, just not as many. Camp week to AVL was a killer coming and going!
So, maybe the MANILA people are getting the info confused and have an advanced version of the text when they tell people USAirways doesnt take pets! :shock: :rolleyes:
[post="286903"][/post]​

Well last week we tested Manila and they failed miserably !
We called up like a paying passenger with a fake reservation we made at the field.
We told them we had 2 Rottweilers we wanted to bring as cabin pets.
They said sure no problem. Bring them.

So don't be surprised if you hear a repeat of the PHL pig fiasco.
Maybe this time with a giraffe.

HP is getting it's certification--or whatever you call it--for having oxygen onboard. Just not sure when it will happen. Maybe with the merge???

From an airport perspective Oxygen isnt that big a deal for the amount of money collected. The tanks are shipped in advance behind the scenes so all we have to do is get it to the gate and hook it up and make sure its been paid for. I'd rather have oxygen tanks all day vs the rugrats. (Any parents out there dont take offense to this, I'm sure your kids are angels! ;)
The problem kids for the most part are the 12-14 year olds who dont really want to listen and think they are old enough to be on their own. They dont understand that its OUR problem (and they really dont care) if we dont get them delivered as promised so they try to walk off a lot.

Latest posts