Merger Related Changes Coming Soon

drifterreno said:
Sorry to tell you but we do fly pets in the cabin. Just not in cargo. And you're right about no conx for UM's also they must be 15 to fly as a non UM. And we check birth certificates too.
[post="286823"][/post]​
Management (unless they were wrong and/or misinformed,//nahhh that could never happen!!!//) said SPECIFICALLY no pets of any kind, so perhaps this will be a NEW policy.

Severed-N-Happy said:
Management (unless they were wrong and/or misinformed,//nahhh that could never happen!!!//) said SPECIFICALLY no pets of any kind, so perhaps this will be a NEW policy.
[post="287325"][/post]​

While I'm sure many that many front line staff would not mind seeing the back of the last connecting UM, refusal to carry pets -cargo or cabin - might be going a bit too far. It brings in decent revenue - not just from the USD 100.00 fee (sometime more than the ticket price)but also ticket revenue from people who might not fly on US otherwise. A number of carries have gone critterless and the people fly on US in order to bring Fido or Fluffy along. With the cabin pets, the customer does all the work, and how much extra work does a cargo bin pet really make for?

Dont call me Shirley said:
While I'm sure many that many front line staff would not mind seeing the back of the last connecting UM, refusal to carry pets -cargo or cabin - might be going a bit too far. It brings in decent revenue - not just from the USD 100.00 fee (sometime more than the ticket price)but also ticket revenue from people who might not fly on US otherwise. A number of carries have gone critterless and the people fly on US in order to bring Fido or Fluffy along. With the cabin pets, the customer does all the work, and how much extra work does a cargo bin pet really make for?
[post="287398"][/post]​
we have a new plan and it will make us prosper.......
oh did i tell you of the new plan for employees to kick in to offset the higher fuel prices???
called the BOHICA fuel program......
tee shirts are available through you local union office....

Dont call me Shirley said:
[post="287398"][/post]​

One thing you have to remember is that it is very dangerous to carry pets in cargo in PHX and LAS when the temps reach over 110 degrees. My guess would be that is why AWA doesn't carry pets in cargo. Post merger - it would be difficult to take pets on flights that connect via PHL and CLT, but not PHX and LAS - so to standardize the policy, it makes sense to have an across the board no pets policy.

Regarding oxygen, I wonder what kind of problems AWA has with people that require oxygen and since they can't get it, they board and then inflight use the canisters on the airplane. I know that we have issues with that because people feel that the current fee of 100.00 per canister is to high, so they refuse to purchase it and then get on the airplane and have difficulties breathing and suck up the on board oxygen for free.

nostradamus said:
The folks running the company for a long time now are based in Alabama.
[post="287410"][/post]​

Uhhh, they didn't run it into the first BK, and they've only been on the scene since 2002.

If this airline had been operated properly, the 'Bama boys could not have gotten their hands on it.

Dog Wonder said:
Full oxygen tanks are Dangerous Goods, which America West does not carry.
[post="287049"][/post]​

I would assume that since AWA is taking on the US name and we DO allow pets in the cabin/cargo, allow oxygen on board, and allow UMs to make conx (can't be last leg of day)....things would change to the US way. These are all very popular aspects that set us apart. Yea, yea...I know AWA management is going to run it, but......it is what our customers are used to and we do transport more pax with a bigger route network and a bigger revenue base.

MarkMyWords said:
Regarding oxygen, I wonder what kind of problems AWA has with people that require oxygen and since they can't get it, they board and then inflight use the canisters on the airplane. I know that we have issues with that because people feel that the current fee of 100.00 per canister is to high, so they refuse to purchase it and then get on the airplane and have difficulties breathing and suck up the on board oxygen for free.
[post="287462"][/post]​

In all the years that I have been flying with AWA, this scenario has only happened once on one of my flights. The passenger wanted us to supply her with O2 from our emergency POB supply because "she was not feeling well." She did not exhibit any symptoms of a passenger in medical distress.

We never denied her oxygen. But when we advised her that we are required to contact Medlink, page the cabin for medical personnel, possibly divert to another station upon Medlink request, and have paramedics meet her upon arrival at the diversion or destination airport.....well, lets just say that the cabin air supply was sufficient for her the remainder of the flight. :rolleyes:

"I would assume that since AWA is taking on the US name and we DO allow pets in the cabin/cargo, allow oxygen on board, and allow UMs to make conx (can't be last leg of day)....things would change to the US way. These are all very popular aspects that set us apart. Yea, yea...I know AWA management is going to run it, but......it is what our customers are used to and we do transport more pax with a bigger route network and a bigger revenue base"

Naivete raises it's sweet innocent head.

Finish or Ignore said:
I understand that anyone that utters the phrase "mirror image" will be tied to a post and whipped.
[post="286761"][/post]​
Plaese don't tease me like that!! :p I can't handle it!!

Opps did I say that out loud!!

Yeah we are suppose to start some Merger Movie thing starting on Monday, got a message on that today. So I'm sure it will be a must read for my trip that starts tomorrow night..

America West is supposed to start the merger announcements tomorrow or the 15th (cant remember which day) and US is supposed to start using them Sept 1st according to USDaily today.

Beginning this month and in September, customers traveling aboard US Airways and America West Airlines will hear something new on the ground and in the skies.

Starting with the boarding process on Aug. 15, America West gate agents will announce the proposed merger with US Airways, familiarizing customers with the new airline’s name and introducing travelers to what will be the world’s largest low-fare, full-service airline.

Flight attendants, also, will encourage customers to sign up for FlightFund, America West’s frequent flyer program, noting that miles earned will carry over to the new frequent flyer program that will be created as part of the US Airways merger this fall.

America West also will air a special onboard video starting Aug. 15 that will announce the merger and communicate to customers that they will soon be able to fly throughout the East Coast and to the Caribbean and Europe, as well as nearly 800 Star Alliance destinations in 139 countries on the merged carrier.

On Sept. 1, US Airways will join the merger announcement campaign. US Airways customers will hear messages similar to those delivered by America West gate agents and flight attendants, but geared to our services including the Dividend Miles program.

Customers also will receive merger-related news from a special onboard video that will communicate to customers that they will soon be able to fly to destinations throughout the West Coast as well as to Mexico, Hawaii and Alaska on the merged carrier.

The videos also acknowledge that “merging two major airlines is a complicated taskâ€￾ and should help to ease customer concerns about merger-related changes such as booking flights and finding the correct location for their flight at the airport.

The videos highlight our quality service and low fares, and also the full-service amenities like affordable First Class, assigned seats, an expanded airport club network, and the world-class frequent flyer program that will be available when the two carriers join forces in the fall. The individual videos incorporate, too, the respective carrier’s history and guide customers to either americawest.com or usairways.com for merger-related news and updates.

Both carriers are committed to making this transition as seamless as possible for our collective customers. As said in the closing remarks of the onboard video, in a new twist on a traditional phrase for our employees:

“We look forward to serving you in the future as the new US Airways.â€￾

a320av8r said:
Beginning this month and in September, customers traveling aboard US Airways and America West Airlines will hear something new on the ground and in the skies.

Starting with the boarding process on Aug. 15, America West gate agents will announce the proposed merger with US Airways, familiarizing customers with the new airline’s name and introducing travelers to what will be the world’s largest low-fare, full-service airline.

Flight attendants, also, will encourage customers to sign up for FlightFund, America West’s frequent flyer program, noting that miles earned will carry over to the new frequent flyer program that will be created as part of the US Airways merger this fall.

America West also will air a special onboard video starting Aug. 15 that will announce the merger and communicate to customers that they will soon be able to fly throughout the East Coast and to the Caribbean and Europe, as well as nearly 800 Star Alliance destinations in 139 countries on the merged carrier.

On Sept. 1, US Airways will join the merger announcement campaign. US Airways customers will hear messages similar to those delivered by America West gate agents and flight attendants, but geared to our services including the Dividend Miles program.

Customers also will receive merger-related news from a special onboard video that will communicate to customers that they will soon be able to fly to destinations throughout the West Coast as well as to Mexico, Hawaii and Alaska on the merged carrier.

The videos also acknowledge that “merging two major airlines is a complicated taskâ€￾ and should help to ease customer concerns about merger-related changes such as booking flights and finding the correct location for their flight at the airport.

The videos highlight our quality service and low fares, and also the full-service amenities like affordable First Class, assigned seats, an expanded airport club network, and the world-class frequent flyer program that will be available when the two carriers join forces in the fall. The individual videos incorporate, too, the respective carrier’s history and guide customers to either americawest.com or usairways.com for merger-related news and updates.

Both carriers are committed to making this transition as seamless as possible for our collective customers. As said in the closing remarks of the onboard video, in a new twist on a traditional phrase for our employees:

“We look forward to serving you in the future as the new US Airways.â€￾
[post="287963"][/post]​

Here's a link to the video that will be broadcast on HP flights:

http://www.kpho.com/ (select it from "featured videos")

...OMG, some of those 80s hairstyles! ....and I thought our unifroms were/are bad! :ph34r:

:lol:

Latest posts