Merger Related Changes Coming Soon

tadjr said:
Looks like they have (and still have) a marketing dept! I love the cattle call boarding ad. Cant wait to see what they have in store for the new carrier.
[post="287993"][/post]​

What is a marketing department? :eek: Why spend money on advertising when you can pay out retention bonuses?

:lol:

Thanks for the video link. I'm glad I saw it here first, and not on the plane for the first time, as I got a little sentinmental and misty-eyed watching the old footage!
Everytime I make an announcement onboard these next few weeks, I'll be conscious of saying "America West". Soon I won't be saying it anymore :(

hharotz said:
Here's a link to the video that will be broadcast on HP flights:

http://www.kpho.com/ (select it from "featured videos")

...OMG, some of those 80s hairstyles! ....and I thought our unifroms were/are bad! :ph34r:

:lol:
[post="287972"][/post]​

I love it. Great job. You would have never seen this if CCY was in charge. Has anyone seen the US video. I'm flying this week so I guess I'll see it then, but was just curious if anyone has it.

desertgal said:
Thanks for the video link. I'm glad I saw it here first, and not on the plane for the first time, as I got a little sentinmental and misty-eyed watching the old footage!
Everytime I make an announcement onboard these next few weeks, I'll be conscious of saying "America West". Soon I won't be saying it anymore :(
[post="288013"][/post]​

We all know how you feel- been there.
I think that's what going to make this merger work.
The August 23 party honoring Allegheny, America West, Piedmont, PSA, etc is a great idea. Nobody is taking over anybody and we're all together on this one.
I feel a kinship with the AWA employees already and am excited about flying together.

Hang in there and be proud of your "Cactus" heritage, you are the ones who made America West a great place to be and we will make the new US Airways a greater place to be!

:up:

tadjr said:
Looks like they have (and still have) a marketing dept! I love the cattle call boarding ad. Cant wait to see what they have in store for the new carrier.
[post="287993"][/post]​

That was funny! I think they should pull that one out of the vault and play it here in PIT and PHL. LOL

Personally, I like Frontier's ads...check these out...they're funny

http://www.myfrontier.org/advertising/commercials.asp

Those Frontier commercials are a scream. I have never seen them before. Gotta watch them again. LOL :D

Travelpro72 said:
Those Frontier commercials are a scream. I have never seen them before. Gotta watch them again. LOL :D
[post="288071"][/post]​

You don't see them outside DEN too much. "Jack" rabbit is a hoot. Really good marketing of their unique product in DEN.

Just goes to show you what a good marketing department can do. That's something that's been missing in US for far to long. Maybe the stodgy business man attitude will disappear with the "new USAirways" and we'll see some good marketing bring some life blood and customers to the airline.

Would love to see an ad from the "new US" that blasts WN encroachment in the northeast. Sorta like the cattle call ad that HP has in that video. Now that was pure WN bashing.

In the HP video, I loved the slam of the "mob scene", aka the "Cattle Call" at another "southwest" based airline. ;) Doing a cattle roundup would have been good, but the riot/mob scene works too.

I wonder how much their current "Get on board" slogan is going to be used in the merger? It's catchy... well, it's definitely better than anything CCY has had in many years.

jimcfs said:
In the HP video, I loved the slam of the "mob scene", aka the "Cattle Call" at another "southwest" based airline. ;) Doing a cattle roundup would have been good, but the riot/mob scene works too.

I wonder how much their current "Get on board" slogan is going to be used in the merger? It's catchy... well, it's definitely better than anything CCY has had in many years.
[post="288078"][/post]​

"The Mosh Pit" was one of our edgier ads. Based on comments we received a lot of our customers liked it also.

Our marketing department is the tops. When they started the onboard slogan they sent all of us tshirts, bumper stickers and new lanyards that all say Get On Board . I think it's quite appropriate to continue this since we're getting all of us together to make this a great airline. I'm so happy to see that everyone will be happy working together. Welcome On Board with the New USAirways!!! :D

Latest posts