Midatlantic Pay?

xoxo

Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Just curious to know if the pay was negotiated yet for MAA f/a's? I was told it was gonna be more than what American Eagle has in the contract. Has the union negotiated that yet? I was also wondering about the insurance. It was said at one point that we would not receive medical benefits until after 6 months. Is this true? If it is, why? No other airline does that. I could see if it was 30 days. But, 6 months? That does not seem right. We are not new hires. We did work for USAIRWAYS at one point. Maybe that can be brought up somehow during negotiations. Just a suggestion. Thanks!

Not positive so probably shouldn't post but I have heard that negotiations are over and an arbitrator will decide these issues.

MDA payscale has increased:

1-4 years $17.67
5 years $19.12
6 years $20.40

Our flight attendants who are going to MDA ARE NOT NEW HIRES. Negotiating committee has made this perfectly crystal clear to management! Because they are not probationary/new hire f/as, management has gotten a break from FAA training for the experienced USAirways f/as. Period.

The 6th year reflects the 2% snap back from U "mainline" contract from the summer 2002 concessions, commencing Jan. 1, 2004, which will now be transferred to MDA f/as for their sacrifices in summer wage concessions of 2002, and through subsequent years. As mainline snaps back, so will MDA through 2008.

Regarding Medical/dental: Management states 6 month wait. They can kiss our azzes. American Eagle Company policy HAS changed as of Jan. 1, 2004 regarding medical , and has improved substantially with regard to any waiting period, SO SHALL THIS ONE!!!!!!

Stay tuned....much more needs to be worked out. The Neogtiating committee has only just begun; AFA is looking for improvements to avoid 100% turnover at MDA.

T-bone said:
Not positive so probably shouldn't post but I have heard that negotiations are over and an arbitrator will decide these issues.
No, they are not over. They are in the middle as we speak. I only remember one person that is on the committee and the is the Local 40 Pres. If I know her, which I do....she will fight tooth and nail. She is a great negotiator. We really need to stick with our unions more than ever. There will be MANY more sequels before this management team is done with us. I am glad to have Local 40 Pres. on my side.

Press Release Source: Mesa Air Group

Mesa Air Group Announces Addition of Three 50-Seat Regional Jets to Its Revenue-Guarantee Agreement With US Airways
Tuesday November 25, 10:50 am ET

PHOENIX, Nov. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group (Nasdaq: MESA - News) announced today it has reached a final agreement with US Airways to add three 50-seat regional jets to its existing revenue-guarantee agreement. This amendment, which is subject to US Airways Board of Directors approval, increases the number of 50-seat regional jets under the contract with US Airways to 59. Mesa currently has 52 of the 50-seat regional jet aircraft in service with US Airways. The three new aircraft, which will be acquired on an operating lease from a third party lessor, are expected to be placed into service in early 2004. The remaining four aircraft under the contract will be delivered in December 2003. These aircraft will go into service for ten years.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065 )
"This opportunity became available to us on very short notice. Our ability to act quickly and make this happen is a credit to Mesa's operational integrity, effective cost structure and our people's 'can do attitude.' We continue to build upon our proven business model based on long term revenue-guarantee agreements with major airlines serving hub networks. We believe this strategy provides the best opportunity for our company and employees," said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

My guess is that US needed some more little jets fast to make
up for the big delay from Brazil.A fine example of stategic thinking
and your concession dollars at work...

Give Mesa more jets, that way if Airways goes under they take Mesa too!

Just a thought from a WO slob who is seeing more of our aircraft parked.

Sea Gull is right, he will take more concessions at the Express Division by parking airplanes and taking away our jobs and giving them to the contract carriers.

Happy Holidays!

FWIW,

Orenstein said in his fourth quarter earnings call an annoucement will come shortly regarding 25 MESA CR7's delievered by end 2004. It was kinda vague as to who actually owned the aircraft, U or Mesa lessors.