More Crew Cancellations This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
VF is offered to everyone, not just reserves. While the reserves may take advantage of it, part of the idea is to get the lineholders flying.

My phx-san turn just got cxld - so we are taking these pax to phx and then they are gonna get stranded there.

No front end crews...

Imagine that.

Thanks for giving me 4 more hours on my layover, and for getting me out of a hateful turn.

Oh, and it was a 321 but they changed it to a 757.

Interesting...

My phx-san turn just got cxld - so we are taking these pax to phx and then they are gonna get stranded there.

No front end crews...

Imagine that.

Thanks for giving me 4 more hours on my layover, and for getting me out of a hateful turn.

Oh, and it was a 321 but they changed it to a 757.

Interesting...
Which flight is that? Pulled up flightstats and I don't see and cancellations.

Pulled up flightstats and I don't see and cancellations.

Probably won't until the SAN flight is officially canceled. Since the crew - or at least the FA's hadn't departed to PHX when the post was made, it could be several hours before FlightStats shows the cancellation.

Jim

Anyone know the numbers for staffing where they have to start recalling FA's to cover attrition? I know it's low but it's still happening - folks are still being fired and quitting. :)

Anyone know the numbers for staffing where they have to start recalling FA's to cover attrition? I know it's low but it's still happening - folks are still being fired and quitting. :)

What are they getting fired for out west? Our attrition is like 12 a month, maybe. Reserves might get 30-55 hours company time in each month. Not sure how many hours west reserves fly. It's a pathetic existence having juniors (with 10-15 years) sitting around collecting guarantee, WANTING to fly when Ms. Wilbur and Orville Wright complain about everything but never leave.
I guess that's for the AFA thread. *sigh*

Decs showed 117 canx Fri/1-1 due crew and related issues, Sat/1-2 showed 131, Sun/1-3 shows 71 so far and Mon/1-4 shows 14.

Even IF there are no cancelled flights out of your station, you still get people going all over who dont know their connecting flight is cancelled. You can go to CLT, spend the night (on US) and leave there tomorrow afternoon OR you can fly out of here Mon night, you decide. Also, saw lots of FIMS today including some F bookings. Losing lots of money on this go round.

Decs showed 117 canx Fri/1-1 due crew and related issues, Sat/1-2 showed 131, Sun/1-3 shows 71 so far and Mon/1-4 shows 14.

Even IF there are no cancelled flights out of your station, you still get people going all over who dont know their connecting flight is cancelled. You can go to CLT, spend the night (on US) and leave there tomorrow afternoon OR you can fly out of here Mon night, you decide. Also, saw lots of FIMS today including some F bookings. Losing lots of money on this go round.

Van driver here asked me what the hell was going on. He said it's been nuts with crews for the last few days. He also said a "distressed passenger" who was strabded because of cancellations got 1) a free ticket 2) a hotel room at this glorious place *gag* and 3) money for food and basic essentials.

I wonder how much this havoc is costing. I was NOT pay protected today for my cxld turn, but quite frankly that turn on a 21 or a 75 is a flippin nightmare. They can have it.

Crew shortages have been a chronic problem which have never been addressed. The crew staffing of this airline is either too many and they sit or short , they cancel flights and run the flight attendants into the ground. Do we know who the director of staffing is in PHX? Maybe they need to be held accountable? What does this cost US?

Mike Finn is LHAO about this whole deal because he warned them about cutting too deep.

Our attrition is about the same - but folks get fired for all sorts of crazy stuff... nothing new there. I don't have exact numbers but all West reserves are meeting their guarantees and some close to 90.

I just spoke with scheduling, who informed me our first two legs (an LAX turn) were cxld for today. They are DH pilots out here later this afternoon so we can work the last leg tonight.

Thus far, according to the scheduler, we have stranded more than 17000 passengers. This year has been the worst in history for cancelations, and it is because of complete mismanagement. Quite simply, they laid off too many pilots, too many have days off, etc. "The numbers look good" according to management but the cancelations continue, revenue is lost, crews that are showing up for work are getting screwed, and we are stranding passengers.

I am dumbfounded.

I just spoke with scheduling, who informed me our first two legs (an LAX turn) were cxld for today. They are DH pilots out here later this afternoon so we can work the last leg tonight.

Thus far, according to the scheduler, we have stranded more than 17000 passengers. This year has been the worst in history for cancelations, and it is because of complete mismanagement. Quite simply, they laid off too many pilots, too many have days off, etc. "The numbers look good" according to management but the cancelations continue, revenue is lost, crews that are showing up for work are getting screwed, and we are stranding passengers.

I am dumbfounded.

Meltdown? Really?
I would hardly call this a melt down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts