More Crew Cancellations This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, Mike Finn was a baboon of a scheduling director that left crews stranded all over Europe with no seats home and no hotel transportation 2 years ago. He can laugh all he wants, his head still ended up in a basket.
VAFlyGal- Why are you dumbfounded? Who do you work for? Only thing I am dumbfounded about is why Paul Kinsey is let anywhere near a staffing projection.
(as Beachboy rolls his eyes and takes a bite out of his apple) :rolleyes:

What would you call canceling hundreds of flights over the past few days, stranding tens of thousands of customers? "An unfortunate turn of events?"

Call it whatever you want to - we are losing customers hand over fist because of this fiasco and it continues, without a PEEP from anyone upstairs...

Please, Mike Finn was a baboon of a scheduling director that left crews stranded all over Europe with no seats home and no hotel transportation 2 years ago. He can laugh all he wants, his head still ended up in a basket.
VAFlyGal- Why are you dumbfounded? Who do you work for? Only thing I am dumbfounded about is why Paul Kinsey is let anywhere near a staffing projection.
(as Beachboy rolls his eyes and takes a bite out of his apple) :rolleyes:

I agree with you. Finn was a moron, and a huge hold-up for contract negotiations. Kinsey hasn't proven himself much, either, sorry to say. And what about Chip Maier? Where is he with all this chaos?

I guess I'm dumbfounded that it seems not much was done to prevent this eventhough it happens time after time, year after year. Combine that with the fact that all the east pilots are irate over the refusal by the company to honor the snapbacks they were owed, plus the pilot civil war - how could management NOT see this coming? I'm dumbfounded that month after month Doug has a pretty picture in the US Airways Magazine and an article about how committed the company is to customer service, yet this happens. I find Parker likable. I'm disturbed by the way things have continued to unfold over the last months (and years, actually).
Can I get a bite of that apple?

What would you call canceling hundreds of flights over the past few days, stranding tens of thousands of customers? "An unfortunate turn of events?"

Call it whatever you want to - we are losing customers hand over fist because of this fiasco and it continues, without a PEEP from anyone upstairs...
YES I WOULD LOVE TO SEE DOUG COME OUT AND SAY (IAM SORRY ) TO ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND THE AGENTS THAT HAD TO DEAL WITH THEM

Meltdown? Yes most certainly a meltdown. Lets look at the facts.
Baggage numbers look terrific? Why? No one is paying for the extra bags to be checked. They are bringing them to the gate for "no fee". Fleet working under dangerous conditions hauling bags down the jetway. Gate agent, yes I mean one gate agent, locked in jetway at D10 with passengers and baggage, only to face the passengers left out in the boarding area left off the aircraft because there are no gate holds. Mindless of the fact the flight is delayed do to loading of passenger bags and missing cock-pit crew. There aren't any more seats for the rest of the day to accomodate remaining passengers who go to ticket counter or special service to find out the next flight is in 4 days. Understaffing at an all time low so passenger is given an 800 number, which is answered by someone who doesn't speak English? Authorities arresting passengers for freaking out they are stranded, without baggage and a hotel room? Discipline being administered to Labor employees for not giving customer service, fleet, etal? You got it!!! Im quite sure one of these days US will finally get slapped over this behavior, BUT UNTIL THEN, expect it only to get WORSE. Lets see how long it takes for management to get thread CLOSED. We the employee group know what goes on behind the scenes. Fear and intimidation RULES.

AHA! Media has been getting attention these days by Corporate to spin only positive acclimations of on time performance. Remember, they cannot get through security and our Employee Groups will lose their careers if they entertain our stories. You see, they will only publish with a name. We aren't that stupid! Our only hope is for them to read our posts before they are shut down. Management purposely gets on our threads and starts going off topic and then stating the thread has run its course. This situation is a very serious problem that is happening every second of every day in our ariline. We ask our passengers and FFOCUS group to let the media know that this is happening. Until then, our passengers will continue to be abused. Our hands and mouths are tied. They don't care about us or the passengers that fly on our airline.

Meltdown? Really?
I would hardly call this a melt down....

With the massive amounts of cancellations, it is a meltdown. But seems to me that other airlines have been through this before.. UA comes to mind as an airline that this has happened to multiple times. Who knows for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if you see some sort of response from Tempe but just that it would be delayed such as usually would happen at UA.

Also, while definitely management and scheduling have very obviously screwed up with planning and preparing, lets not forget that screwed up weather in many parts of the country played a big role in this as well. And that cant be blamed on the airline.

Decs showed 117 canx Fri/1-1 due crew and related issues, Sat/1-2 showed 131, Sun/1-3 shows 71 so far and Mon/1-4 shows 14.

Crew and related issues might have weather involved. Much more likely scheduling, especially on Sunday and Monday.

These numbers were as of 1900 yesterday.

I'm no apologist for Finn but he was opposing further crew cuts. This probably lead to his leaving.

What the heck is still going on?
CltBos & PhlBos flts are xld..C'mon get it together..New Month..new hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.