Mr. Parker Delta plus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right I should be more appreciative of what the union has done for us. And be thankful we are not getting Eastern +1. No more whining from me.

DELTA plus 7 will never leave the table

Remember in 2003 and 2012 the company cited us that they could not compete with Delta under their cost structure?
The company had to have life changing concessions for them to compete.

well here we are in the same position but inverse. We have to have delta plus 7 to compete.

No need to debate this,  leveling the playing field amongst the industry for aircraft maintenance is competitive.
If we all make the same there is no disadvantage.

We will not accept anything less than Delta plus 7

If I remember correctly.  Mr. Parker said that the 7% was to offset the profit sharing of Delta mechanics.

Reactions: 1 person
bigjets said:
You're right I should be more appreciative of what the union has done for us. And be thankful we are not getting Eastern +1. No more whining from me.
Wow, cool. Now if I can only get 1AA to say that. lol. (Never gonna happen) Make no mistake has the TWU been the shining beacon of hope over my entire career? No. I can list a few things I think should have been done differently.

But overall and speaking for myself I'll take the shoes I'm walking in over any non union counterpart currently out there in our industry. (I know, I know. here it comes)

Chuck Schalk said:

Remember in 2003 and 2012 the company cited us that they could not compete with Delta under their cost structure?

well here we are in the same position but inverse. We have to have delta plus 7 to compete.

No need to debate this,  leveling the playing field amongst the industry for aircraft maintenance is competitive.

If I remember correctly.  Mr. Parker said that the 7% was to offset the profit sharing of Delta mechanics.
Forgive me if I don't give a crap what you say about what you will and win not accept. You're one of the 2010 restore and more, vote no know nothing's that has cost us $50k in pay alone. I bet you wanted the FAs to vote no that would have cost them $82m if not for Doug GIVING the FAs that money.

I'm all for delta +7, but to turn down a 27% raise plus sick, vacation, holiday, shift diff, etc......for an additional 4%, Is just a bit stupid.

If the association can actually make that happen, that would be great.

Chuck Schalk said:

Correct. The 7% was to offset the PS that Delta gets.
What is all this talk about Delta plus 3 now?  Did I miss something?  We sat down and watched a video held at one of your town hall meetings and heard Parker say the co gave it to pilots and F/A's and you guys will get it too.  He then said that it will be Delta OR United plus 7% whichever is higher. Now I am reading you guys stating Delta+3% what changed Parkers mind?    I sure hope you guys hold out for the D+7 or better (that's if United gets done with theirs but I highly doubt it).  If he is using the reduction of PS formula as an excuse, then why not throw in his face the 20% PS payout option?  Yes these are all hypethetical, but then use the average of 15%.  I still say you guys should get minimum D+7 for no PS.  BTW ask Parker if he will match the 1% 401K match that Delta just increased with their employees.   Back pedaling by Parker will hurt the new labor relations he is trying to build with the labor groups, pathetic if you ask me...

bigjets said:
Forgive me if I don't give a crap what you say about what you will and win not accept. You're one of the 2010 restore and more, vote no know nothing's that has cost us $50k in pay alone. I bet you wanted the FAs to vote no that would have cost them $82m if not for Doug GIVING the FAs that money.

I'm all for delta +7, but to turn down a 27% raise plus sick, vacation, holiday, shift diff, etc......for an additional 4%, Is just a bit stupid.

If the association can actually make that happen, that would be great.
During the FA TA discussions they were being told over and over and over how if they voted it down they would go to arbitration and lose the $82 Mil they had gained above the industry average. Well the members were not happy about a requirement in the TA that they would have to have a minimum of 40 hours worked per month to keep medical benefits. The pressure they put out worked and that language was removed.

Well since they were successful the first time they thought (wrong) if they kept up the pressure they could get even more improvements. So yep they were selling the "Vote NO" as hard as they possibly could. And we know the rest of the story from there. Yes Parker gave them back the $82 Mil and he even added another 4% on to that.

But the 40 hour minimum that they fought so hard to have removed is now a part of their contract. They overshot their mark.

People who don't learn from History are doomed to repeat it.

[SIZE=12pt]40-HOUR SCHEDULING[/SIZE]
Letter of Agreement – October 19, 2014
The company has agreed to drop the 40-hour scheduling language from the Tentative Agreement. APFA is now focused on the implementation timeline for this provision. The removal of this scheduling limitation will greatly enhance scheduling flexibilities for LAA and LUS Flight Attendants.
Health Benefits Threshold: Flight Attendants will now be able to trade or drop below 40 hours, all the way to a zero month if desired, while retaining company-subsidized health benefits.

https://www.apfa.org/contract/1280-negotiations/3266-tentative-agreement-q-and-as

swamt said:
BTW ask Parker if he will match the 1% 401K match that Delta just increased with their employees.  
Actually from what I understand Delta now matches up to 6% and has a contribution of 2% on top of that for a total of 8%

Oh yea that needs to be talked about.

WeAAsles said:
Actually from what I understand Delta now matches up to 6% and has a contribution of 2% on top of that for a total of 8%

Oh yea that needs to be talked about.
if they ever get around to talking.

Reactions: 3 people
I just watched the CLT town hall. Yep, Parker is walking back his DELTA+7 to Delta+3. I was under the impression that it has always been+3 with the other 4% being the December 23 2014 4% raise given to all AA employees with the EXCEPTION of us "represented" by the unelected twu/iam association. That being said, we as AMTs are still looking at $47+ dollars/hr. Decent money for sure. Still, It looks like the company is busy playing some kind of shell game with us. It does not surprise me one bit however.

Reactions: 4 people
dvlhog212 said:
I just watched the CLT town hall. Yep, Parker is walking back his DELTA+7 to Delta+3. I was under the impression that it has always been+3 with the other 4% being the December 23 2014 4% raise given to all AA employees with the EXCEPTION of us "represented" by the unelected twu/iam association. That being said, we as AMTs are still looking at $47+ dollars/hr. Decent money for sure. Still, It looks like the company is busy playing some kind of shell game with us. It does not surprise me one bit however.
Our Pilots and FA's are currently making 7% above the top paid DL couterparts. Delta FA's will pass that mark on Dec 1. Both pilot groups currently have contracts.

Our Pilots and FA's are currently making 7% above the top paid DL couterparts. Delta FA's will pass that mark on Dec 1. Both pilot groups currently have contracts.
I`m aware of that weaasles. What is your point?

if the association would actually get in there and start negotiations we would actually find out what the company plans. instead we have top secret negotiations going on between the international and the company with the negotiation committee finding out the details later. what is it going to take for people to get pissed off enough to force change?

Reactions: 4 people
Never going to change with this outfit..at least over on the LUS side.....had the chance a year ago and most are spineless or just beaten into submission....place has not changed one bit!!  Have several friends who jumped ship back in 2005 and went over to Delta...amazed they are treated and compensated well, so used to being the ugly stepchild when here!!  Still have not seen a posting or anything else in print  from the IAM with regards to how much and how our raise last week was figured out...the company did put out a letter...go figure!!!  Numerous videos out Delta +7 and yesterday's latest...Delta +3... go figure....waiting for the famous "be happy to have a job" when the economy tanks!!  Negative...yes!!!

The problem with the Drummond letter is that it just came from Drummond. The Association is not at all acting as if the are the authorized representative of the joint TWU/IAM membership. Is there an Association communication representative? Will the TWU be issuing their own communication and the IAM their's?  These independent actions do not convey unity within the Association. Is there a structure and bylaws to how the Association functions? If there is the TWU isn't following it. How about a joint TWU/IAM communication as to they fully intend to making it's members the best compensated?

Status
Not open for further replies.